Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Titanic's Last Secrets

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 November 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

he had already said he was adament the Titanic was the one which sank, so that was not the issue, did you read his whole post? As for your excuse for him, pretty lame. :no:
Yes I did, and? Care to point out to me what I missed? And it's no excuse, it's my interpretation of what he said, so my interpretation is lame.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#32    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,607 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostHasina, on 20 November 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

Yes I did, and? Care to point out to me what I missed? And it's no excuse, it's my interpretation of what he said, so my interpretation is lame.
You read it your way, i read it mine, thats how text goes sometimes, end of the day,  if you  input on the Titanic sister ship theory, I am all ears, as for Spuds comment and my reply, what you missed was the smilie I added on at the end of the post...no hard feeling and i respect his views. Now stop making trouble and interfering in someone elses 'banter'.
Anyway, what are your views on the Titanic sister ship, or do you not have any!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#33    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 November 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

You read it your way, i read it mine, thats how text goes sometimes, end of the day,  if you  input on the Titanic sister ship theory, I am all ears, as for Spuds comment and my reply, what you missed was the smilie I added on at the end of the post...no hard feeling and i respect his views. Now stop making trouble and interfering in someone elses 'banter'.
Anyway, what are your views on the Titanic sister ship, or do you not have any!
Well that was a pretty belittling way to get things back on topic. I'm sure you meant nothing by it.

Anyway, my view is simple and in line with the majority. It was a freak accident that sunk the Titanic, it could have been prevented but I see no conspiracy here, just assumptions connecting points made.

Edited by Hasina, 20 November 2012 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#34    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,607 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostHasina, on 20 November 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Well that was a pretty belittling way to get things back on topic. I'm sure you meant nothing by it.

Anyway, my view is simple and in line with the majority. It was a freak accident that sunk the Titanic, it could have been prevented but I see no conspiracy here, just assumptions connecting points made.
if i came across abrupt, sorry, but i also probably was. :lol: :devil: :innocent:

as for the Titanic sister ship theory, I have said that it is just a theory and there are some good points to back it up, not my points, but i can actually see this as a possibility, but i am not saying it if the be all and end all of it,.
Some conspiracy theories are just down right ridiculous, but this theory isn`t if you look at all the points surrounding it.
Peace.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#35    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 November 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

if i came across abrupt, sorry, but i also probably was. :lol: :devil: :innocent:

as for the Titanic sister ship theory, I have said that it is just a theory and there are some good points to back it up, not my points, but i can actually see this as a possibility, but i am not saying it if the be all and end all of it,.
Some conspiracy theories are just down right ridiculous, but this theory isn`t if you look at all the points surrounding it.
Peace.
It does seem ridiculous. 'Let's sink a ship! Just not this one... This one can't possibly sink.... Grab that one! Everyone will buy it! Plus it can also sink! Now we'll make all the money from all that insurance mulah.'
It is an interesting theory, I will say that, though if I thought there were a conspiracy I'd put my money on the German U-boat one.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#36    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,607 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostHasina, on 20 November 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

It does seem ridiculous. 'Let's sink a ship! Just not this one... This one can't possibly sink.... Grab that one! Everyone will buy it! Plus it can also sink! Now we'll make all the money from all that insurance mulah.'
It is an interesting theory, I will say that, though if I thought there were a conspiracy I'd put my money on the German U-boat one.
No, they did not intend to sink the ship at all. had the ship arrived then returned with not problems, then no-one who did not already know would have been none the wiser, obviously there were some who knew about the swap, but can you imagine the money they would have lost if the ship did not set sail when planned?
repost:
There are roumours that it was not even the Titanic, apparently it was the sister ship because they could not insure the Titanic, they renamed the sister ship the Titanic so the trip would not be cancelled.

As for the German u-boat, well, now that is taking the P!

#37    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 November 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

No, they did not intend to sink the ship at all. had the ship arrived then returned with not problems, then no-one who did not already know would have been none the wiser, obviously there were some who knew about the swap, but can you imagine the money they would have lost if the ship did not set sail when planned?
repost:
There are roumours that it was not even the Titanic, apparently it was the sister ship because they could not insure the Titanic, they renamed the sister ship the Titanic so the trip would not be cancelled.

As for the German u-boat, well, now that is taking the P!
I never did make it as a top notch reporter... But yes, my tongue in cheek joke was meant to be inaccurate. I do wonder though, are there blueprints of the Titanic and the Olympus that can be compared?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#38    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,607 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostHasina, on 20 November 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

I never did make it as a top notch reporter... But yes, my tongue in cheek joke was meant to be inaccurate. I do wonder though, are there blueprints of the Titanic and the Olympus that can be compared?

http://www.abratis.d...tures/blue.html

The olympic was the 1st of the olympic class liners, also consisting of the Titanic and the Britannic. the ships were virtually identical, obviously some differences like cabins and certain layouts, but this would not have been known to people who had not been on the Titanic or Olympic before. Above are the blue prints: Olympic/Titanic.
The german u-boat  theory is not actually wrong, but it is, the "olympic" was in the war had played a part in sinking a german U-boat.

#39    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

I believe Spud touched on this earlier but I'd rather get into this part of the conversation fresh and not refer back to past banter. Wouldn't the crew have known about the switch or would they have 'been in on it'?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#40    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,607 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

PS: you reporting skills are just fine, there were rumours that it was an insurance scam to claim the money, which I completely dissagree with.

#41    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,607 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostHasina, on 20 November 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

I believe Spud touched on this earlier but I'd rather get into this part of the conversation fresh and not refer back to past banter. Wouldn't the crew have known about the switch or would they have 'been in on it'?
Some of the crew could have been in on it, but as pointed out, we will never know, cos they went down with the ship. I would have imagined the ones to know were those who worked on the technical side. in those days the extra payput  to say nothing would have been a blessing to those crew members.

#42    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 November 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Some of the crew could have been in on it, but as pointed out, we will never know, cos they went down with the ship. I would have imagined the ones to know were those who worked on the technical side. in those days the extra payput  to say nothing would have been a blessing to those crew members.
Very good point, money can tie a lot of tongues. I guess another detail I'll have to look for is the records for where the Olympus was when the Titanic was being built, where it was when the Titanic was completed, where they both were during the time frame of the 'switch', etc and so forth. True, there might not be good records, and the more you and I chit chat about this the more I'm inclined to at least give it a small tip of the hat in the 'it's possible' category.

Edited by Hasina, 20 November 2012 - 09:53 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#43    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,607 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostHasina, on 20 November 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Very good point, money can tie a lot of tongues. I guess another detail I'll have to look for is the records for where the Olympus was when the Titanic was being built, where it was when the Titanic was completed, where they both were during the time frame of the 'switch', etc and so forth. True, there might not be good records, and the more you and I chit chat about this the more I'm inclined to at least give it a small tip of the hat in the 'it's possible' category.
Apparently it was moored nearby when the "Titanic; was launched. But as i said before, it is just a theory and i am not 100%, but its a possibilty.
please note the Olympic had already had a couple of collisions so was at the dock after having been repaired again, this may explain why it did sink, it is still possible that had it been the Titanic, it would not have sank. As the "titanic" set sail that day, it nearly did exactly the same thing the Olympic had done before, it nearly collided with another ship.

#44    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,346 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 November 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

Apparently it was moored nearby when the "Titanic; was launched. But as i said before, it is just a theory and i am not 100%, but its a possibilty.
please note the Olympic had already had a couple of collisions so was at the dock after having been repaired again, this may explain why it did sink, it is still possible that had it been the Titanic, it would not have sank. As the "titanic" set sail that day, it nearly did exactly the same thing the Olympic had done before, it nearly collided with another ship.
  Looking back ,it was YOU who brought up the sister ship nonsence,argueing for the sake of it,winding people up,back off mate you're becoming a sad nuisance,if you feel you cannot go away maybe a guy called Saru can sort you out.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#45    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,607 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 20 November 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Looking back ,it was YOU who brought up the sister ship nonsence,argueing for the sake of it,winding people up,back off mate you're becoming a sad nuisance,if you feel you cannot go away maybe a guy called Saru can sort you out.
yes, I did bring it up, I threw in a theory, as i keep on saying.
As for winding people up, and becoming a sad nuisance, well, if that`s  how you debate a theory, having to resort to insults because you have no other opinion or nothing else to say on the topic, well you are quite sad.
End of debate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users