Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 4 votes

Nurse who put Aussie prank call thru,dead


  • Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#91    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 09 December 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

.

Police said her death is being treated as "unexplained," though they said they didn't find anything suspicious. A coroner will make a determination on the cause next week.


I have read about this too..  I have a feeling it was not suicide  or obviously not murder.. I am thinking it could be her heart giving in? I am just guessing.. I have heard of people dropping with heart failure after being under stress  or grief stricken.   It's hard to say what caused her death, but I doubt it was suicide .. In saying that, no one confirmed it was suicide  and as your article reads, they will confirm more info in regards to her cause of death next week..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 09 December 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#92    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostWalter White, on 08 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

I feel sorry for the DJ's too, they had no idea this was going to be the result of their prank, no-one did


That's the thing with pranks, sometimes when we find it funny to play one, we never really think about any back lash  or consequences ..  I did say earlier I blame them, but I said that with the heat of the moment from my first time hearing of this sad news..I was thinking at the time, if they had never of played that prank, none of this would be going on, well that states the obvious...But now when I think about it, these guys are feeling the heat more than anyone else connected to the prank.  

Their lives right now, must be sheer hell...I know that if I pulled such a prank and it went out of control, I too would be living in hell. I don't know how I could cope...This kind of thing can happen  when you don't put your brain into action before making the move..  

They obviously knew they would be found out, and trouble will be caused, they would need to be complete idiots  not to know that much ..The only thing they didn't count on was the death of a nurse...As you point out, they couldn't have guessed that would happen ..So it is sad for them it winded up like this..When this is blown over, they will most likely have their jobs back, as many articles read, they are only gone until further notice, and their station is backing them..  So I don't completely feel sorry for them.. If the nurse had not of passed away, their prank was still pretty stupid, they still knew trouble would arise, and they didn't care..

Quote

   They're not evil people with no sense of morals, they're just purveyors of the cheapest form of comedy.   

I don't know what kind of people they really are, for I do not know them personally.... But one thing is for sure, they throw out cheap comedy.. It's cheap and that's all you could label it

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 09 December 2012 - 06:20 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#93    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...eath/index.html

I don't feel sorry for the DJs. This article uses the word premeditated ,and then station management chose to air ir .
It wasn't done live. Numerous steps were taken ,before it was aired .

Miss me?

#94    Insaniac

Insaniac

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostWalter White, on 09 December 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

What utter nonsense!
Hm, perhaps some of it.

What do you think about the DJ's?

Edited by Insaniac, 09 December 2012 - 06:32 PM.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#95    Walter White

Walter White

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

  • "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 09 December 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:


Hm, perhaps some of it.

What do you think about the DJ's?
Purveyors of the cheapest form of comedy, I don't think what they did was the least bit funny (only my opinion) but on the other hand I don't think they're guilty of manslaughter either.  

Apologies for the bluntness of my reply to your post.  Just because I'm on the internet doesn't mean I can forget how to be polite.:)


"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#96    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 09 December 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

http://www.cnn.com/2...eath/index.html

I don't feel sorry for the DJs. This article uses the word premeditated ,and then station management chose to air ir .
It wasn't done live. Numerous steps were taken ,before it was aired .


What did they find so funny about what they did?  I mean, even if there was no tragedy, nothing  illegal, and absolutely no one got hurry in any way, what was so funny about it???

These two have an odd sense of humor to say the least.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#97    Insaniac

Insaniac

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostWalter White, on 09 December 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

Purveyors of the cheapest form of comedy, I don't think what they did was the least bit funny (only my opinion) but on the other hand I don't think they're guilty of manslaughter either.  

Apologies for the bluntness of my reply to your post.  Just because I'm on the internet doesn't mean I can forget how to be polite. :)
It's no problem, I think you were right to an extent, haha.

Yeah, perhaps they are not guilty of manslaughter, although they "started it" as it were. And she decided to take her own life over events the DJ's stirred into motion.

They all played a part in this tragedy, and they must bear the consequences of their actions, whatever they may be.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#98    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,465 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 09 December 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

That's the thing with pranks, sometimes when we find it funny to play one, we never really think about any back lash  or consequences ..  I did say earlier I blame them, but I said that with the heat of the moment from my first time hearing of this sad news..I was thinking at the time, if they had never of played that prank, none of this would be going on, well that states the obvious...But now when I think about it, these guys are feeling the heat more than anyone else connected to the prank.  

Their lives right now, must be sheer hell...I know that if I pulled such a prank and it went out of control, I too would be living in hell. I don't know how I could cope...This kind of thing can happen  when you don't put your brain into action before making the move..  

They obviously knew they would be found out, and trouble will be caused, they would need to be complete idiots  not to know that much ..The only thing they didn't count on was the death of a nurse...As you point out, they couldn't have guessed that would happen ..So it is sad for them it winded up like this..When this is blown over, they will most likely have their jobs back, as many articles read, they are only gone until further notice, and their station is backing them..  So I don't completely feel sorry for them.. If the nurse had not of passed away, their prank was still pretty stupid, they still knew trouble would arise, and they didn't care..

I've been a bit of a prankster in the past, and I've had a few backfire with some pretty bad results that made my name mud. It is soul destroying when things go bad, and it sure as hell drags you down and if you don't do anything about it or at least put some effort into atoning for your sin it can destroy you..

The shock jocks need to atone for what they did imo.. A meaningfull public apology in the least is a start. Then they need to ask for forgiveness, and if fogiveness isn't given, they need to forgive themselves.. Ultimately though, as far as their crime goes, I think they need to be extradited and face justice in the UK.


#99    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 09 December 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

I've been a bit of a prankster in the past, and I've had a few backfire with some pretty bad results that made my name mud. It is soul destroying when things go bad, and it sure as hell drags you down and if you don't do anything about it or at least put some effort into atoning for your sin it can destroy you..

You're right it is soul destroying when things go bad....Check out the latest news article on the 2 Dj's...

"We have genuine concerns for their state of mind": Royal prank DJs on suicide watch

Mel Greig and Michael Christian receiving “medical assistance” after bosses raised concerns for their“physical and emotional well-being”

The two DJs who made the prank call being blamed for the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha were last night on suicide watch following a huge worldwide backlash.
Australians Mel Greig and Michael Christian were both receiving “medical assistance” after bosses raised concerns for their “physical and emotional well-being”, the Sunday People has learned.
The pair were moved into hiding in the early hours of yesterday morning after receiving terrifying online death threats.
And a spokesman for Austereo, the firm which owns under-fire station 2Day FM, admitted: “We have real, genuine concerns for their well-being and state of mind.”

Read more -> http://www.mirror.co...ank-djs-1480485

My word, I know the prank was bad, but sending them both death threats?  Sometimes people go overboard when things like this happen..

Quote

I think they need to be extradited and face justice in the UK.   

According to the article I posted..... it read..->. Greig and Christian face possible extradition to the UK after Scotland Yard contacted Aussie police to say they may want to interview the DJs.  

This story seems to be getting worse as the days pass.. It is understandable that the 2 DJ's are hiding out and under suicide watch, I reckon they are going through all kinds of hell... I don't like what has happened , the prank and the poor nurse, but I don't feel the DJ's should receive death threats either.... I sure hope they both don't commit suicide..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 09 December 2012 - 09:38 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#100    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,465 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 09 December 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

You're right it is soul destroying when things go bad....Check out the latest news article on the 2 Dj's...

This story seems to be getting worse as the days pass.. It is understandable that the 2 DJ's are hiding out and under suicide watch, I reckon they are going through all kinds of hell... I don't like what has happened , the prank and the poor nurse, but I don't feel the DJ's should receive death threats either.... I sure hope they both don't commit suicide..

Ouch.. I can't really imagine what they're going through, but internal self damnation & destruction comes to mind..
I think this is something that's going to haunt them for the rest of their lives... But for their own emotional/spiritual health, they need to offer the deepest of apologies and forgiveness.. It's the only way out of the internal mess they've got themselves in.. And I think that needs to come before they face any other form of criminal justice..

Edited by Professor T, 09 December 2012 - 09:54 PM.


#101    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 09 December 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:



Ouch.. I can't really imagine what they're going through, but internal self damnation & destruction comes to mind..
I think this is something that's going to haunt them for the rest of their lives... But for their own emotional/spiritual health, they need to offer the deepest of apologies and forgiveness.. It's the only way out of the internal mess they've got themselves in.. And I think that needs to come before they face any other form of criminal justice..

I imagine they feel pretty bad of they are I suicide watch, but you're right, its going to haunt them for the rest of their livres.

The thing we have to remember is that they didn't plan for the prank to go this bad.  They are probably not evil, despicable characters, just a couple of idiots that didn't think things through.

I can't believe the radio station ok'd the prank with their lawers before airing it.  They must be completely incompetent to ok the prank, they invaded the duchess' privacy foot one thing!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#102    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,465 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 09 December 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

I imagine they feel pretty bad of they are I suicide watch, but you're right, its going to haunt them for the rest of their livres.

The thing we have to remember is that they didn't plan for the prank to go this bad.  They are probably not evil, despicable characters, just a couple of idiots that didn't think things through.

I can't believe the radio station ok'd the prank with their lawers before airing it.  They must be completely incompetent to ok the prank, they invaded the duchess' privacy foot one thing!

Nor did I ever think that some of my pranks could go wrong.. lol, but they did.
Unforseen circumstances and events are a kick back in the ass and a hell of a lesson to learn..  

Shock jocks, pranksters.. bah.. They get a kick out of it, and we sometimes get a kick out of it too.. perhaps this is a good lesson for every shock jock and prankster out there to consider.. Don't do it, because sometimes pranks kick back.. and when they do there is nothing funny about it.


#103    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 09 December 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Yeah, perhaps they are not guilty of manslaughter, although they "started it" as it were. And she decided to take her own life over events the DJ's stirred into motion.


It is not as yet confirmed it was a suicide, I gathered that from the numerous news reports, including the one posted previously by Lava Lady...  They will confirm the cause of death next week...

I am starting to think that maybe she didn't take her own life, it could well have been too much for her heart and it gave in ?  I don't know, but we will know more as of next week

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 09 December 2012 - 11:08 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#104    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined:01 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia

  • Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

There will be many touched by this tragic situation.  I've felt sad, angry, embarrassed (to be Australian), and empty this weekend with all this.  This is a new world with things like interenet, youtube, instant worldwide 'fame' etc.

One thing (amonst others obviously) that is rubbing people up the wrong way is the arrogance of the DJ's following the initial airplay.  Their twitter accounts have now closed but I believe they were truly patting themselves on the back for their 'comedy' and career building due to their perceived success with the prank.  Sure, at this point no one had died, BUT they had been humiliated and it was wrong wrong wrong to ring a hospital, so even a few days ago most of us were giving them big thumbs down.

Once upon a time, when I was a very young (inexperienced) receptionist I gave a caller my clients home phone number.  HUGE mistake, as anyone would know.  Yes, well except a stressed young girl with a switchboard flashing like crazy and a caller that you could say 'tricked' me into it.  It still makes me sick to the stomach to think about the stress and grief I copped following it.   Some amongst us can just shrug theses things off, some of us can't.

I do feel for the DJs now.  They have a tough road ahead (and their families).  I'm still angry though, so will have to wait for that to settle a bit.

Beckys_Mom, you might just be right in regards to her heart.  They don't like to give out too much information on suicides, and I'm thinking that, as a nurse, she would have access to a few different options in this regard.

May Jacintha Saldanha Rest In Peace.


#105    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 09 December 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:



Nor did I ever think that some of my pranks could go wrong.. lol, but they did.
Unforseen circumstances and events are a kick back in the ass and a hell of a lesson to learn..  

Shock jocks, pranksters.. bah.. They get a kick out of it, and we sometimes get a kick out of it too.. perhaps this is a good lesson for every shock jock and prankster out there to consider.. Don't do it, because sometimes pranks kick back.. and when they do there is nothing funny about it.

I sure hope other DJs learn from this.

Dare I ask what your prank was and how it went wrong?

Edited by Lava_Lady, 10 December 2012 - 12:23 AM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users