Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible psychic dream I had...

GoPlayonAhighway

So I did have one dream that stands out in my mind above all others. It was so strange, elaborate, and vivid that it had to be more than just my subconscious airing it's dirty laundry. The dream itself made absolutely NO SENSE at the time. But the more I learned about a building I was temporarily working at, the more the dream became real. Certain objects in the dream actually existed, and I later saw them with my own eyes. Certain people in the dream may have also existed, in one way or other. I am not clear.

Now this was one of those dreams that does not seem like a dream. A dream that you think is real, while having the dream, and even for a short time after you wake up.

So this is my dream:

I woke up on a very dusty, very vintage old couch in a dark old basement. I sat up and was coming to when I noticed too small children were standing in the shadows looking at me. They did not say anything and seemed as though they were nervous to me. So I said "Hello there?"

Their body language became a bit more relaxed, but they still said nothing. In a friendly tone of voice I asked "Are you kids OK? What are you doing down here? Are you lost?" They did not reply. I began to feel uncomfortable. I started to get up as I looked around for the nearest exit. The children suddenly came forward to me as if they did not want me to leave. They were just far enough away that I could not see any details of their appearance. i could only tell that one was a boy and one was a girl. They looked to be around 6-8 years old to me.

I sat back on the couch and asked "Do you need help? Are you hiding down here? Is somebody after you?" I can stop them you know.." This caused the kids to snicker a bit.

I began to feel sorry for them. They slowly approached me, still unsure if I was a threat or not. They finally go close enough so I could see their faces. They were both horrifically deformed. They looked to me like burn victims.

I was shocked by this but I did not show it. I didn't gasp or look away. I just carried on with questions. "So what do you do for fun down here?" They did not say anything, but they seemed very amused by me.

Then I heard footsteps coming from the darkness, and the kids scattered. I stood up and braced myself for any type of encounter. My fists were clenched and I put my right foot forward just as I do in a real life physical altercation.

To my surprise, a short, plump woman in her later 50s or early 60s emerged and walked towards me. She was wearing a long billowy, blue dress, and a blue turban with some sort of large, dark blue gem in the middle.

She said "Well hello young man!" in a very friendly tone of voice. "What brings you down here?"

"I don't know. I just woke up on that couch." as I pointed at the couch.

"Really?!" She sounded surprised.

The kids then made some noise shuffling about. "Oh I see you have met the children." as she waved for the kids to come over. "Now don't be scared, they are a bit different." She said to me.

The children came stomping over eagerly and walked right up to me. They were carrying some old, tattered and dusty books and boxes now.

"Oh my! They seem to be quite fond of you! I have never seen them do that with a stranger before!" I just smiled awkwardly.

"I am sure you are wondering how to get out of this place, and I will be happy to show you the way. But since you seem like such a nice young man, I was wondering if you would possibly do me the courtesy of joining us for dinner?" She seemed nice, and nobody had ever asked to eat dinner with them as a favor TO THEM. So, I agreed.

I realize this is a long post, and i do not want to lose anyone by making this painfully long. There is much more that happened in the dream. It did not end there. I also saw some of the things in my dream, in REAL LIFE.

If anyone is interested, I will post a "Part 2"....

• Like 1

Greetings. GoPlay

Please don't leave us hanging there.

Part 2

So I agreed to dinner and the woman led me to a room with a very large, round wooden table with chairs around it. There was a layer of dust an inch deep on everything, and there was clutter everywhere. There were a few large barrels that were bright blue and made of thin plastic. These barrels had water in them, and there was clear, plastic tubing running through them. The tubing was carrying water from one barrel to another in a very tangled and chaotic mess. I noticed some of the tubes went upwards through the wall. I noticed a small ray of light peaking through one of the holes made for the tubes. This put me a bit more at ease.

The kids were not far behind me, still holding some old books and boxes.

The woman said "You go right ahead and have a seat in that chair over there" She pointed to an old dusty chair that was not around the table. "I will get everyone together for dinner."

I sat in the chair and began to think I had made a mistake by agreeing to dinner. The little boy trotted up to me, and I noticed he was holding a very old board game of some type. "Do you want to play the game?" I asked.

The boy said nothing, but immediately opened the box and started setting up this game I did not recognize. The board was very old and faded, and there were small cards which resembled the "chance" cards from Monopoly. I tried to help the boy set up the game, but he took the cards from my hand and shook his head no, telling me I was doing it wrong. The little girl was about 10 feet away playing with an old doll. She looked at me and smiled. She seemed very happy that I was talking with the boy.

Then the woman came back into the room. She was being followed by two men. One wore a black hat, a white dress shirt, and had a long brown beard. He looked similar to a Jewish Rabbi, minus the curly locks. The other man wore jeans and a vintage style t-shirt. The type with elastic bands at the end of the sleeves. His hair was blond and greasy. He wore it parted at the side. He also had on very large, thick lenses in his glasses. This man seemed very sad and miserable. It was obvious he wanted no part of any of this. The woman introduced both of them by name, but I cannot remember what they were.

It is strange because I remember almost every detail of the dream, down to the smallest thing. But there are certain parts that are just "fuzzy" for lack of a better term.

The three of them all sat together on one side of the large round table, and I was instructed to sit on the opposite side, with the three of them facing me. Then a fourth very large, menacing figure approached from the hallway. He was well over 7 feet tall, and his face was deformed. Not deformed as the children's faces were, his was deformed in a way that reminded me of the "Toxic Avenger" or even "The Elephant Man". He said nothing, but stared at me in a very hostile way. I had the distinct feeling he wanted to hurt me. I was told a name, but again, I do not recall it.

Him and I stared at one another. He looked at me with violent rage, and I did not want to break eye contact and let him think I was scared. (even though I was scared)

The woman broke the tension by saying "Oh, don't worry. He wouldn't hurt a fly." This made the miserable man, who had not said a word, bust out laughing. He stopped as soon as he had started, and put his hand up to his mouth as one does when coughing.

Details of the dinner are hard to recall. I remember that nobody "ate dinner." There was no food there. There was only a very old bottle of wine. Some was poured, but I never saw anyone else drink it, so I didn't either.

I remember asking if the kids were joining us, and the woman said "No, they're fine." I did not like the way she answered, so I turned around and asked the kids "Are you guys hungry? Do you want to eat with us?" The kids froze and just stared at me awkwardly.

"They have already eaten." The woman said sternly. She seemed offended by this.

The dinner conversation started off as polite and friendly, but somewhere along the line it changed. I can't recall specifics, but it felt as though I was at a job interview or being interrogated. I remember the woman's tone and manner changing from warm and friendly, to cold rude.

Again, I do not recall specifics, but i got the impression I was being "tested" in a way, and I had failed the test.

That is where the dream ends.

So I started working in an old historic building the next day. As I went into the basement for the first time, I noticed a blue plastic barrel with water in it, and tubes coming out of it. It was exactly the same barrel I saw in my dream.

This basement was a huge labyrinth of dark hallways and storage rooms. Over the course of working there, I saw not only the barrels, but the same large round table, and the exact same couch as was in my dream.

This building is old and historic. I came to learn it is very popular among ghost hunters, psychics, and paranormal investigators.

One night they had a "Ghost Hunt Night" with psychics and mediums. I happened to be walking by, and I was curious so I stopped in.

Now I will not bore you with the small details, but the one thing stood from all of the nonsense. There were many different psychics and mediums there, and they all had their own stories and theories on things. But there was one thing that kept coming up over and over with almost all of these people. They all kept saying that the spirits of two small children were lingering at the stage.

It took a while for all of these coincidences and facts to line up in my brain, and I have never spoken of this until now.

Maybe I did have some type of psychic dream or vision, and maybe it was all just a series of coincidences. I do not know. But I do know that writing about these experiences on UM is almost therapeutic for me.

Thanks for reading, and any feedback is always appreciated..

• Like 1

GoPlay

Thank you for both posts.

I was curious about this:

It took a while for all of these coincidences and facts to line up in my brain,...

Did you recognize the blue barrel, couch and the table right away when you saw them? Did your encounter with the psychics who talked about the two children's spirits happen while you were still working there or after you had finished your work in the building?

I am trying to understand the time course better. How long ago did you dream this? How long did it take to realize that the real-life events afterwards might be related to the dream? Maybe this next question is just my misunderstanding if you have only recently put it all together, but if it has been a while,

... I have never spoken of this until now.

Was it simply that you didn't ever have the opportunity, or was it that you had the opportunity, but felt reluctant in some way or for whatever reason to discuss it?

Finally, what kind of work were you doing in the building?

Yes I recognized the barrel and the furniture right away as being the second as in my dream.

I had finished working there about a month before I came into contact with the psychics.

And I put all of this together a very long time ago. It has been over 5 years since all of this happened. I want to say I had the dream in 2009 or 2010. I put all of this together right after I met the psychics. The same night in fact.

I never spoke about this to anyone because I was afraid of bein laughed at and called crazy.

I was a actually working off court ordered community service hours at the time. I did anything from moving furniture, serving concessions, to cleaning toilets.

Thank you for your interest. I am far out of my depth of understanding here. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

And Sir eight bits, you should definitely read this post I made. It will answer some of your questions more thoroughly, and answer some questions you haven't asked yet.

The Kent Stage is known to be "haunted" - Stories & Experiences - Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=284928 (Share from CM Browser)

Edited by GoPlayonAhighway
  • Like 1

Sorry about the link. I am using a cheap smartphone while I am at work. I am always having problems posting links and images....

• Like 1

Needless to say, it is an interesting dream. I don't know how much help I can be, though, because I think your dream was shaped in part by your apparent familiarity with the real-life site. Also, when I tell you what I think the dream motif is, my mind's ear hears you saying "WTF is that?" Meh.

The source of dreams loves basements, tunnels, ghosts, dusty old things - the stuff your dream was made of. It is plainly a "big dream," (searchable as "big dream" Jung). I base that on its fairly straightforward plot (and recognizable, see below), big emotional punch, the presence of all those things the source of dreams loves, then followed up by synchronicities (also searchable - meaningful coincidences) and you're still thinking about this dream years later.

The plot motif, I think, is the Fisher King episode, Percival's first attempt at the Grail (in the Wolfram von Eschenbach version).

... it felt as though I was at a job interview or being interrogated. I remember the woman's tone and manner changing from warm and friendly, to cold rude.

Again, I do not recall specifics, but i got the impression I was being "tested" in a way, and I had failed the test.

If only you had asked them (maybe the "Elephant Man" character specifically, or maybe the children before that) "What ails you?" (That's the question Percival failed to ask his wounded host, and what, if he had asked, would have sorted out the situation.)

I notice that like Percival, you seem to have decided not to talk to the children about their disfigurement,

I was shocked by this but I did not show it. I didn't gasp or look away. I just carried on with questions. "So what do you do for fun down here?" They did not say anything, but they seemed very amused by me.

I know. It would have been rude (which is also why Percival didn't ask).

As to your waking discoveries, the most famous example of synchronicity was a coincidence between a dream image and a real-life event soom after. How the unconscious orchestrates such meaningful coincidences, I don't know. I gather from your link, however, that the dream and what you discovered at the theater helped to change your attitudes about many things, or at least opened up your thinking about them. That seems to be why the unconscious fosters synchronicity. How is a different question - and it doesn't matter here what I think about metaphysics.

It's good that you've written all this out (including those supplementary materials at the link). You'll probably still be thinking about this dream years from now, and you'll be glad to have a record. Well dreamt, and thank you for posting and answering.

Edited by eight bits

That was a very interesting and intense dream. You felt the adults were judging you harshly, even though this was mostly due to the unfamiliar environment. You did not know how to act here and had to keep guessing, but the rules were different.

I noticed the dream started vague and harmless, and gradually seemed to grow more and more sinister.

I wish I had more insight but I don't right now.

If only you had asked them (maybe the "Elephant Man" character specifically, or maybe the children before that) "What ails you?"

The Elephant Man gave me a vibe that made me feel as though my life was in danger. I feel as though he wanted to rip me apart, limb by limb, for his own amusement. I think that he was not allowed to do this, for some reason.

I gather from your link, however, that the dream and what you discovered at the theater helped to change your attitudes about many things, or at least opened up your thinking about them.

Most Definitely! I am fairly certain that dream is what started my addiction to the paranormal.

Also, when I tell you what I think the dream motif is, my mind's ear hears you saying "WTF is that?" Meh

LOL. yes, I am not going to lie. I have quite a bit of "googling" to do.. :huh:

I don't know how much help I can be

in a few paragraphs, You have taught me more than I could ever learn researching on my own. I only guessed based upon your profile avatar that you may have some knowledge about dreams and psychic ability, I had no idea you were an expert in this field!

It's good that you've written all this out (including those supplementary materials at the link). You'll probably still be thinking about this dream years from now, and you'll be glad to have a record. Well dreamt, and thank you for posting and answering.

No thank you! This has been very enlightening, and very humbling at the same time. I truly appreciate you taking the time to drop some knowledge on me! :nw: