Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans will be the "aliens" some day

hand-of-doom

Just think hypothetically for a minute. As of right now the moon is the only place we have been. I picture anywhere between 100-300 years (if were still here) we will have the technology (assuming) to go to other planets, moons, probably even solar systems in reasonable time tarveling light speed of better. Perhaps there is some sort of life form on mars, just maybe like insects or reptile like creatures. Nothing super intelligent, we do know that the probability of some sort of life is high. So when we go places in the future, chances are we may find something living to study and maybe even bring home. My point is that if there is something living on Mars or a moon of Jupiter or a close star system. So that would make us aliens to whatever life form we encounter right? We would be the super intelligent race from somewhere else. We could even plant life on another planet with the right conditions. When you look at things in this perspective it's easier to understand the ET concept. The universe contains millions of stars that could harbor planets able to sustain life on them (fact). The chances of another intelligent race is high, but thet are probably very far away somewhere. I can't say they are already here, though evidence indicates that.

please post your thoughts about our future and space travel. Does is make it easier to grasp the Et concept when giving an example of our own future goals?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hand-of-doom

• manchiald

• Cebrakon

• leadbelly

its perfectly logical that when we travel space we will find life, so we would indeed be alien to them... we must accept the possibility that if we are on the verge of space travel, other races may have been exploring space far longer than we have, or that they might perhaps be technologically behind where we are right now. There is always a possibility.

its perfectly logical that when we travel space we will find life, so we would indeed be alien to them... we must accept the possibility that if we are on the verge of space travel, other races may have been exploring space far longer than we have, or that they might perhaps be technologically behind where we are right now.  There is always a possibility.

727699[/snapback]

That was kinda my point behind the whole post. Me and some friends were having an educated and logical discussion about aliens and other life forms and future space travel, considering if we make that far. I got a friend who thinks the aliens may be alot older than us (obvious) and found there way here by viewing Earth from there before comming here, for example the Hubble is currently looking in solar systems for planets. It possible could be a load of bull, but it is interesting to talk about. The whole concept of them reflects what we could be doing in the future ourselves.

Well if we do find then, then to them we would be the aliens! that is pretty simple, but i do not think we will find them anytime soon, no.gifalien.gif

I agree with Isis-999. We have 75% of the technology needed to maybe go to Mars. 20% is currently being developed (which will take a very long time to develop) and the other 5% needed is a very long time off. But I think it would be cool if we were the aliens.

Apparanlty, is has been decreed by popular vote ,that Moe is already an Alien.

Just think hypothetically for a minute. As of right now the moon is the only place we have been. I picture anywhere between 100-300 years (if were still here) we will have the technology (assuming) to go to other planets, moons, probably even solar systems in reasonable time tarveling light speed of better. Perhaps there is some sort of life form on mars, just maybe like insects or reptile like creatures. Nothing super intelligent, we do know that the probability of some sort of life is high. So when we go places in the future, chances are we may find something living to study and maybe even bring home. My point is that if there is something living on Mars or a moon of Jupiter or a close star system. So that would make us aliens to whatever life form we encounter right? We would be the super intelligent race from somewhere else. We could even plant life on another planet with the right conditions. When you look at things in this perspective it's easier to understand the ET concept. The universe contains millions of stars that could harbor planets able to sustain life on them (fact). The chances of another intelligent race is high, but thet are probably very far away somewhere. I can't say they are already here, though evidence indicates that.

please post your thoughts about our future and space travel. Does is make it easier to grasp the Et concept when giving an example of our own future goals?

727677[/snapback]

isn't it obvious.

isn't it obvious.

728125[/snapback]

well my point is very obvious. I'm not trying to prove anything, it's just a disscussion of ideas. Try not to be such a smartass here anyways.

its perfectly logical that when we travel space we will find life, so we would indeed be alien to them... we must accept the possibility that if we are on the verge of space travel, other races may have been exploring space far longer than we have, or that they might perhaps be technologically behind where we are right now.  There is always a possibility.

727699[/snapback]

That was kinda my point behind the whole post. Me and some friends were having an educated and logical discussion about aliens and other life forms and future space travel, considering if we make that far. I got a friend who thinks the aliens may be alot older than us (obvious) and found there way here by viewing Earth from there before comming here, for example the Hubble is currently looking in solar systems for planets. It possible could be a load of bull, but it is interesting to talk about. The whole concept of them reflects what we could be doing in the future ourselves.

727735[/snapback]

The thing is that if we would make a gigantic telescope to see another far off planet we would not see it in today's condition, but we would see it how it used to be like 60000 years ago (more or less dependant of the range) We see things thanks to the light, but since light speed isn't too fast then it would take A LOT of time for the light from the other planet to reach here. So when we saw the other planet as it was 60000 years ago and we see nothing on the planet then it might be full of buildings by now (buildings that can be seen in space)

You bring up a good point Hand of Doom. It has long been my humble opinion, that when we do reach other worlds and contact other races, we will be considered the "klingons" in the universe.

Yeah yeah, I know another pop culture reference from the ancient one, but think for a moment. What is the number one attribute of the fictional Klingons? ANSWER: They LOVE to fight. They even stole an axiom from the Native Americans: Today is a good day to die.

My concern is that we will take our warmongering, destructive ways to the other stars, and will probably greet the first >>alien<< ship we find with a barrage of weapons fire. I mean, look at the history of mans exploration of the new world, and its brutal mismanagement of cultural relations. We truly are barbarians. Soon, we will be barbarians in Space.

Editted because I declare war on typos.

"Today is a good day to Type."

Edited by JMPD1

Apparanlty, is has been decreed  by popular vote ,that Moe is already an Alien.

728094[/snapback]

Yes' but we all love Moe, what is it like on Mars? alien.gifw00t.giflaugh.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

i made a thread similiar to this one.. and i just want to ellaborate the fact that the humans perception of time and space and possibilities could be nothing compared to the races distant from us. They probably have the capabilities of creating life on planets. so is our god who we think he is? or is our god just an alien race that has mastered the DNA code structure and understanding of life etc. think on a braoder spectrum... you dont know if the universe is in its old age or in a very young age... no telling whats out there and anything is possible.

We're already aliens.

We're aliens to aliens. And if aliens are visiting us, we're aliens to them. However, a species of alien will not call itelf an alien, just like I don't call an Englishman a foreigner.

i made a thread similiar to this one.. and i just want to ellaborate the fact that the humans perception of time and space and possibilities could be nothing compared to the races distant from us. They probably have the capabilities of creating life on planets. so is our god who we think he is?  or is our god just an alien race that has mastered the DNA code structure and understanding of life etc. think on a braoder spectrum... you dont know if the universe is in its old age or in a very young age... no telling whats out there and anything is possible.

731535[/snapback]

Yes, I am thinking about 100-200 years from now when we do have the technology to travel great distances in space in a short period of time. It's certain that we could encounter some life forms, even if they are insects of animals or anything living somewhere. We will arrive from the heavens if we do. To something primative, we are gods, yes? It's a deep concept and very interesting. I see this very possible before 500 years from now (if were still here and not dead from nuclear war's, natural disaster's, rapture, etc. lol)

Like many of the posters have pointed out is that, yes there is a good chance we are ALREADY aliens. Like Hand Of Doom has said before there are billions and billions of stars out there each harboring the powers/warmth for a planet to obtain

life. But then again there might not be.

Some people are already making assumtions of "humans not inhabiting Earth for much longer" So many of use might not see extraterrestrials. But who knows what the future holds in store. A big boom, or a big brakethrough. I honestly think that are technology is not yet skilled enough.

Like many of the posters have pointed out is that, yes there is a good chance we are ALREADY aliens. Like Hand Of Doom has said before there are billions and billions of stars out there each harboring the powers/warmth for a planet to obtain

Some people are already making assumtions of "humans not inhabiting Earth for much longer" So many of use might not see extraterrestrials. But who knows what the future holds in store. A big boom, or a big brakethrough. I honestly think that are technology is not yet skilled enough.

732461[/snapback]

If you guys need a translator, I'll do it. I speak plenty of galactic dialects.

732461[/snapback]

If you guys need a translator, I'll do it. I speak plenty of galactic dialects.

733733[/snapback]

you learned it from Elvis right? I heard he's teachings those classes now! grin2.gif

If the human race did get to another solar system and discover an alien race - whether the confrontation results in ignorance / violence or peace, do you really think that the goverment would tell the civilians. considering how many conspiracies are out their and how many secrets the goverments are "allegedly" covering up.

angry.gif There will never be any technology that can make us star travelers. Just as physics cannot violate the rules of logic, so technology cannot violate the rules of physics. If there is one theory in 20th C. physics that is most likely to be absolutely and completely true, it is 1905 relativity, which says that nothing can be accelerated faster than the speed of light. In fact, every physics undergraduate (I was one) has to work out the proof that no rocket can go faster than one-tenth of the speed of light, since adding more propellant also adds more mass, so after one-tenth the speed of light, adding more propellant will not increase speed.

w00t.gif There is no means known to physics to even go at one-tenth the speed of light. You should read the book by Lawrence Krauss, The Physics of Startrek which shows the impossibility and absurdity of the fictional technology. While it is true that we progressed very fast from first flight (1903) to spaceflight (1969), we have not progressed any since then. The space probes we build today travel no faster than those built in the 1970s, such as the Pioneer and Voyagers, which are now leaving the Solar System. It would take them 70,000 years to reach the nearest stars, if they were pointed in that direction, but they are not.

ph34r.gif Star travel by technology will forever be impossible. Ask any scientist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dr.H~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Cebrakon

maybe not possible in our dimension. according to our laws of physics.. what if other dimensions out there's laws of physics are diffrent? that means they can come here... which means we can use thier technology to defy our laws of physics.

angry.gif There will never be any technology that can make us star travelers.  Just as physics cannot violate the rules of logic, so technology cannot violate the rules of physics.  If there is one theory in 20th C. physics that is most likely to be absolutely and completely true, it is 1905 relativity, which says that nothing can be accelerated faster than the speed of light.  In fact, every physics undergraduate (I was one) has to work out the proof that no rocket can go faster than one-tenth of the speed of light, since adding more propellant also adds more mass, so after one-tenth the speed of light, adding more propellant will not increase speed.

w00t.gif There is no means known to physics to even go at one-tenth the speed of light.  You should read the book by Lawrence Krauss, The Physics of Startrek which shows the impossibility and absurdity of the fictional technology.  While it is true that we progressed very fast from first flight (1903) to spaceflight (1969), we have not progressed any since then.  The space probes we build today travel no faster than those built in the 1970s, such as the Pioneer and Voyagers, which are now leaving the Solar System.  It would take them 70,000 years to reach the nearest stars, if they were pointed in that direction, but they are not.

ph34r.gif Star travel by technology will forever be impossible.  Ask any scientist.

738628[/snapback]

yeah well, In a couple hundred years someone should and I bet the answer will be different. Haven't you ever seen video's and heard witness reports about ufo's making spectacular movements that to us is "impossible" with known aircraft and flying capabilities. They don't use rockets or ordinary physics like you know. I feel someday we may have the same technology. I'm talking about way into the future when modern physics looks primative.

we already have that technology. It is at area 51. It will be released over time. and i think space travel will be 100% possible in the next 20 years. Why?

take the stealth bomber for example, all that is, is a flying saucer with wings and an engine.. but it uses the technology of stealth which is taken by the design of the saucer.

now you may call it coincidence but the stealth bomber came from area 51, which is where recoverd saucers are located.

most likely the stealth is the first thing that they were able to be reverse engineered since the shape of the saucer would be the first thing the engineers would wonder "why is it shaped that way"...

do some test..add wings to make it look like a earthly air craft out comes the stealth.

so whats next?

you guys also dont realize how fast we are advancing. in the past 100 years we have went from just discovering flight, to breaking the sound barrier at mach speeds. we went from simple computing machines, to Windows, mac OS, linux etc. we went from 6 shooters to desert eagles and machine guns. the car has evolved from basic to exotic and are capable of going 3 times as fast as what we could go then. weve went from pong, to gta: sa and halo. we've went from getting up to turn a knob on tv to just changing it with remote. weve went from analog tv to cable and sattelite blah blah blah.. sh** is going fast man.. i think we will be in the space age before my life is over. (16)

weve invented computers missiles machine guns, lazers, cell phones, people 100 yrs ago thought a automobile couldnt go more than 50 mph... now we have exotic cards that go 100+, video game systems, remote control

angry.gif There will never be any technology that can make us star travelers.  Just as physics cannot violate the rules of logic, so technology cannot violate the rules of physics.  If there is one theory in 20th C. physics that is most likely to be absolutely and completely true, it is 1905 relativity, which says that nothing can be accelerated faster than the speed of light.  In fact, every physics undergraduate (I was one) has to work out the proof that no rocket can go faster than one-tenth of the speed of light, since adding more propellant also adds more mass, so after one-tenth the speed of light, adding more propellant will not increase speed.

w00t.gif There is no means known to physics to even go at one-tenth the speed of light.  You should read the book by Lawrence Krauss, The Physics of Startrek which shows the impossibility and absurdity of the fictional technology.  While it is true that we progressed very fast from first flight (1903) to spaceflight (1969), we have not progressed any since then.  The space probes we build today travel no faster than those built in the 1970s, such as the Pioneer and Voyagers, which are now leaving the Solar System.  It would take them 70,000 years to reach the nearest stars, if they were pointed in that direction, but they are not.

ph34r.gif Star travel by technology will forever be impossible.  Ask any scientist.

738628[/snapback]

Great post.