Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Employee punished for hiring ghost hunters

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    slaughtr

slaughtr

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

• I Doubt Nothing!!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

First of all the woman must have been spooked to death to go to far measures as she did. OK not asking her boss led to the police being called but she took action none say the least. As I always say there are ghostly spirits and wether many want to believe guess whsat you don't have to because they exist demonic or not. If there are thousnads of folks who say they saw a black man would they be lieing not at all so why would anybody be questioned about what somebody saw.Paranormal exist so everyday looking at ridiculous post trying to over microscopic things is exspected. when finally paranormal happens to you,was it exspected??....right

#17    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,539 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

deleted. wrong thread

Edited by seeder, 23 October 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#18    Avallaine

Avallaine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 22 October 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

Not sure which is worse, her getting cameras into a government building, or the fact that someone as irresponsible as her could be employed there in the first place.

I wouldn't call her irresponsible.  She showed thoughtlessness in one situation...but as others have pointed out, she was at least approaching the paranormal from a rational standpoint.

#19    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

View PostAvallaine, on 24 October 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

I wouldn't call her irresponsible.  She showed thoughtlessness in one situation...but as others have pointed out, she was at least approaching the paranormal from a rational standpoint.
Rational: Freaking herself out over strange sounds and employees acting negatively towards each other in a government office building, then sneaking in a ghost hunting team after hours without permission to install recording devices.

Pretty big reputational hit for the workplace with all this publicity. It sounds stupid. I don't know if she should be defended - just sounds like a crazy person acting irrationally.

Posted Image

#20    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

• Evil is among us and opresses us, thats when we do good.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

As a paranormal investigator I have to speak up. Maybe she should have mention something to her boss, that I agree with. On the other hand- it wasn't spying, it was a ghost hunt. We investigators do it at night because that is when we catch the best stuff. Having the police called on a ghost hunt makes me wonder if there wasn't something the other employee was hiding?

#21    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,760 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostLesionia, on 24 October 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

As a paranormal investigator I have to speak up. Maybe she should have mention something to her boss, that I agree with. On the other hand- it wasn't spying, it was a ghost hunt. We investigators do it at night because that is when we catch the best stuff. Having the police called on a ghost hunt makes me wonder if there wasn't something the other employee was hiding?
So crazy lady who illegally installs camera because she hears noises in an office building and witnesses regular office behavior = innocent.

While employee who finds said suspicious camera and reports it to police = hiding something.

I don't understand your logic?

And not a personal attack, but if the 'best stuff' ever produced over the history of mankind by thousands of people are highly questionable recordings with no conclusive proof whatsoever - then the ghost hunters are the ones with the problem. Because if something did exist it would have been proven by now.
You just can't have that number of people chase something for so long with no result. Eg. Aliens on earth, Bigfoot, Nessie, chupacabra, OBE's, Qi energy, telekinesis etc...

Posted Image

#22    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,807 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Wow, that woman was foolish. I don't think it really matters why a person is putting up a camera, it's generally a no-no to install cameras at the workplace, especially without knowledge or permission of the higher ups.

#23    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 24 October 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

Rational: Freaking herself out over strange sounds and employees acting negatively towards each other in a government office building, then sneaking in a ghost hunting team after hours without permission to install recording devices.

Pretty big reputational hit for the workplace with all this publicity. It sounds stupid. I don't know if she should be defended - just sounds like a crazy person acting irrationally.
I thought that is part of the job requirements?

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#24    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,101 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostAvallaine, on 19 October 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

One should definitely get permission before doing something like this, especially if one works for the government.  They HATE surveillance (if, you know, it's not their idea...).

Hahahahaha!  Nice :D

#25    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,101 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

She was probably really doing something else and got caught then figured the ghost angle would make a convincing insanity plea.

#26    Avallaine

Avallaine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 24 October 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

*sigh*

No.

Rational: when confronted with something unexplained, trying to get concrete proof.

Thoughtless: not getting permission first, especially when you work for the government.

I don't know if she should be defended - just sounds like a crazy person acting irrationally.

"Crazy person" = thought-terminating cliché. Slap the label "crazy" on anyone and you can dismiss anything.  It's the ultimate in intellectual laziness.

#27    Avallaine

Avallaine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hey, guys, I just thought of something.  Can we do a little thought experiment here?

Do you think peoples' attitude toward this story would be different if the employee had been male?

#28    Realm

Realm

• 2,035 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

Oh, I sure the mayor won't mind. And by the way, If the Police show up to shoot you, tell them I said it's o.k for you to be here..

#29    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,101 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostAvallaine, on 24 October 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

Irresponsible from an HR perspective.  Setting up unauthorized cameras in a workplace is hugely problematic.  

There is a rational way to approach the paranormal that involves hiring ghost busters?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users