Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Souls!

Thinking about the soul lately, and wondering. Do souls grow? I don't mean in terms of acts of charity, or good deeds. I mean do the dimensions of the soul grow as our body grows? We start out as a small mass of cells, then infancy, and childhood, teenagers, and adults. So is our soul growing as we grow? Any thoughts on this?

i don't think so, as the soul is not a physical thing. i think the soul grows in depth, understanding, and experience but it doesn't take up 'space' per se.

You're comparing a non physical idea to the physical. The soul is the loose term given to the 'you' outside of the physical world we are tuned into here. The real you, the consciousness, which can't be comprehended in physical comparison. Little physical 'you' is just a piece of the real 'you', that some name a soul, given the lead role in your play of life here on Earth. You are given the loose script and given free will to improvise as you see fit. The 'play' has a purpose; to give the real 'you' a chance to experience the little physical 'you' (the lead role) and your experiences, letting it learn.

This is the loose idea I tend to lean toward believing.

But I don't think most people, believers in a soul or not, will agree that the soul thing is physical.

Generally, I think of souls as non-physical beings that realm in the spirit/physical world. Souls, in my belief, come from physical beings that either passed away or astral traveled. I don't know about the age though. If there really is a soul, we'll just have to wait for the true answer till we face enternal sleep.

No. Souls have a very distinct look,outside of an organic body ,and they remain constant in size,as they have no need to eat drink or eliminate.

I'm not sure if souls can mesh with eachother . It's been suggested,but I have no actual knowledge of this .

I believe the soul is that part of you that is also a part of the Great Spirit. It's the life breathed into you. That spark that holds you to your physical body and also the basis of who you are. It doesn't change size. It is already everything you have the potential to become.

• Like 1

This is an interesting thread...

I don't think they grow is size, but like Jgirl says, they grow in depth..

One thing I have wondered though, is whether we (people) can create souls..

You see it in art, you make a creation, you make a hundred, but out of that hundred, maybe one just stands out as being special or as having it's own soul.. The same thing happens with music.. The same thing happens with places/buildings/sacred sites.. It's more than just a feeling or appreciation.. it's deeper than that...

Any thoughts?

i agree with the peops that say it grows in depth.. cause we do soul healing's, with our soul mates and just doing all our tests and trials..

It is my firm belief that our soul or source of life is from the stars. I have significant reasons to believe this. Just a few examples are we are that carbon in the environment is exactly the same as all life. Hence the carbon footprint. Scientists can tell when something died by the amount of carbon in their body at time of death. Carbon comes from the stars. Also we breathe oxygen and release co2. Every breath you take, every interaction you have with others and all the things you feel a chemical reaction is ttaking place. Every memory of every moment of your life is stored in your subconscious. This relates to the stars because stars do the same thing from birth to death. Fusion is constantly happening in the center of the star thus, expanding continuing the fusion process releasing energy until it has no more hydrogen to convert to helium it collapses in on itself. Only after it fuses into heavier elements that are recycled birthing new stars containing heavy particles. Then becoming a black hole. I believe this to be the way of evolving to other dimensions.

Gravity leads me to hypothesize that the center of the Earth is the other side of a black hole. And this is how our energy is able to create and sustain life. Time moves faster in space, this is the reason why satellites are programed to offset the time difference. Time stops in a black hole so presumably the closer to the center of the Earth the denser, time slower and the very center stopping as it is a black hole which once earth exhausts all its hydrogen it too will collapse on itself. This process of nuclear fusion occurs in all living thing. A baby learns and grows at an extremely high level born with pure potential energy that slows as we get older.

Also I find it interesting that stars are balls of plasma and we have plasma in our blood.

So no I don't think our soul grows it has x amount of potential energy that when exhausted have nothing left to do but die and evolve

• Like 1

You see it in art, you make a creation, you make a hundred, but out of that hundred, maybe one just stands out as being special or as having it's own soul.. The same thing happens with music.. The same thing happens with places/buildings/sacred sites.. It's more than just a feeling or appreciation.. it's deeper than that...

Any thoughts?

That sounds like a spirit. I've always got the sense that a soul is the originator and a spirit can be an after-effect, or creation.

Any thoughts?

Well I accept that God creates souls for people. But, you do cooperate in the process if you have a child. And of course since people start that process by sex, we indirectly cause a new soul to be made!