Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 10 votes

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

• Please log in to reply
1227 replies to this topic

#556    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 13 September 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Would you consider the first part of any meditation for astral traval or awareness to be removing the physical barriers, then tackling the Ego?
Ego is a barrier. It's the part of you that lives in this world and is highly focused on physical life... It often reminds me of a twelve year old brat playing video games. So focused on the game that if you say anything or get in the way, they will scream at you to move and lash out. I have seen it first hand.
In my own limited experience ego can be tackled by contemplation, then It needs to be buried by the journey. Then... It's like a zombie it rises again and needs to be reconized. It's not stupid. It's as smart as you are, and will change forms and prod you. Some even call it demons. There is a reason why demons are a metaphore for internal struggles

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#557    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Cool, thanks guys..
I'll go away and look into this a bit more in depth.

#558    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 04 September 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

I didn't expect to get this -  the white colour indicates high energy - ie high vibrational
The red triangle I'm not sure how to interpret, but i feel it is connected to fault lines/plate activity. The energy from that. I see 5 - 7days over that area. I don't know if that is for 5 days or in 5 - 7days.

Posted Image
Hi, just an update.
Unfortunately due to ghastly case of Flu, I wasn't able to make much use of the high Energy..

I didn't think anything much happened in the red-triangle area till this morning when I had another look. There's been proably 4-5 earthquakes all outside of the area, but this morning a 5.4 near mount Cook, then this artical showed up regarding a landslide caused by an earthquake. http://www.stuff.co....d-shut-at-night

#559    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

Thanks for the update - the link shows that it happened on the 5th Sept, or was there 2 events int hat area, today and during the 5th ? Either way i made the map on the 4th sept, so it is interesting. Thanks for posting that.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#560    human_eraser

human_eraser

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

View Posthuman_eraser, on 29 July 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Hey. Sorry if I haven't posted in awhile. I've been lurking.

Just thought I'd share my experience today. It was crazy, I initiated vibrations in like 10 minutes. I really wasn't expecting anything, I wasn't trying to initiate them. I was pretty surprised.

Question: For those here that have experienced vibrations, where do they usually start for you?

I was doing chakra work. Since when I meditate, I get a tingly feeling in the brow chakra, I moved that tingly feeling up to the top of my head, then shot it down my spine. Boom. Vibrations started in my groin area.

No presleep or anything...

Just a little update-
I got this feeling again right after I began to meditate yesterday. I decided to let it do its thing. It got stronger and stronger, until it sort of "shot up" my spine. I can't really explain it that well. I do have to say though, for about 1-2 minutes, I was blasted with an intense feeling of joy and pleasure. Again, it's sort of hard to explain, but it felt so good. It felt like everything was in harmony, like I was all alone, yet connected with everything else. After this phase, I opened my eyes, and I got really cold, and began to shiver like a madman. Not shiver, more like twitch. I got up and walked around and it went away. I tried this again today. I got the tingly feeling in my root chakra again, but this time I didn't get the intense "shock" or joyous feeling I got yesterday. It more of like a dull pleasure, it wasn't as deep as yesterday's. Ever since this happened I've been feeling really refreshed and also more in tune I guess. Right now I can initiate the tingly feeling at will in any position, and no matter what I'm doing, and I can feel the the energy flowing up my spine, and all around my body. I can "sense" the chakras I guess is how you can explain it.

Edited by human_eraser, 25 September 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#561    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

View Posthuman_eraser, on 25 September 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

Just a little update-
I got this feeling again right after I began to meditate yesterday. I decided to let it do its thing. It got stronger and stronger, until it sort of "shot up" my spine. I can't really explain it that well. I do have to say though, for about 1-2 minutes, I was blasted with an intense feeling of joy and pleasure. Again, it's sort of hard to explain, but it felt so good. It felt like everything was in harmony, like I was all alone, yet connected with everything else. After this phase, I opened my eyes, and I got really cold, and began to shiver like a madman. Not shiver, more like twitch. I got up and walked around and it went away. I tried this again today. I got the tingly feeling in my root chakra again, but this time I didn't get the intense "shock" or joyous feeling I got yesterday. It more of like a dull pleasure, it wasn't as deep as yesterday's. Ever since this happened I've been feeling really refreshed and also more in tune I guess. Right now I can initiate the tingly feeling at will in any position, and no matter what I'm doing, and I can feel the the energy flowing up my spine, and all around my body. I can "sense" the chakras I guess is how you can explain it.
Kundalini?

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#562    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

I have experienced this, too.  Never conciously trying to, though.  It would always happen when I was falling asleep during meditation.  I would hear a very loud noise(Like a large wooden table being dragged along a tile floor, but with an "electronic" flare to the sound) and have a jolt of energy that rushed from my tailbone to the stem of my brain.  I have had it happen a few times since, but never as intense as the first, and I cannot actively reproduce it.

As for the chakras, I have been feeling tons of energy lately, too.  Way more than I've ever felt before.

#563    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

It all sounds very similar to what I first experianced with meditiation. An unravelling from the root area, spiralling up the spine and up though the head. I think it was pleasant, but an earthquake happened next, so I ended up quite rattled & unnerved, then for the next week I suffered light-headedness from random vibrations. I don't think my experiance was kundalini though, as there was no cold breath of it, or cold shivers.. But from what I've read, human_erasers experiance sound very much like it.

Edited to add, Kundalini is descriped as a snake or rope. My experiance was that of a thread of cotton.

Edited by Professor T, 25 September 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#564    human_eraser

human_eraser

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 25 September 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

Kundalini?

I believe it was....

#565    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

I agree it sounds like Kundalini, and with that you can explore your chakra system in your own terms, since you are the one feeling it now and where the paths go.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#566    secretinvader

secretinvader

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

Maybe one can do astral if he's sick or wounded. Through it he would not feel the pain.What do you think??

#567    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

View Postsecretinvader, on 27 September 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Maybe one can do astral if he's sick or wounded. Through it he would not feel the pain.What do you think??
It would be very hard to relax properly, but yes meditation and mental states have huge influences on pain.

Bruce Lee-

#568    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

Hi,
Just a question..
Am I correct in assuming that if someone doesn't ground before meditiation or at any time for that matter that it can be benefitial to leaving the body?

#569    John Rayne

John Rayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Joseph Campbell - “Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved”

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

Hi, I have a few questions on Astral Projection...

1) Is this actually considered to be your soul leaving your physical body?

2) When projecting are you in realtime?  For example when you exit and see yourself do you see others? Like could you project and watch over your wife and children
2-a (realtime) Is it possible to project while awake?  I have on several occasions looked down upon myself driving, sitting, other, different times/places etc. Sometimes focused sometimes not, it is best described as google earth like view going up the down wherever I want to go.  It feels much more than a manifestion of my wandering mind.

3) If it is your "soul" can your body be over taken while out?  Is it dangerous I guess is what I'm saying.

4) I feel that I have Astral projected from an early age but it also seems like dreams, like my mind has seen too many things and I have an extremely strong immagination to create anything anywhere.  Such as, I'm on the beach in Hawaii and I can literally feel sand between my toes and hear waves breaking.  But I also can't remember things like it was just a lucid dream, times that I feel I have truly astral projected I was totally alone with a calming presence with me that did not use words and I filled overwhelmingly safe and content.

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated! I would like to try this seriously but to be honest I am quite afraid and nervous...

#570    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostJohn Rayne, on 28 September 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Hi, I have a few questions on Astral Projection...

1) Is this actually considered to be your soul leaving your physical body?

2) When projecting are you in realtime?  For example when you exit and see yourself do you see others? Like could you project and watch over your wife and children
2-a (realtime) Is it possible to project while awake?  I have on several occasions looked down upon myself driving, sitting, other, different times/places etc. Sometimes focused sometimes not, it is best described as google earth like view going up the down wherever I want to go.  It feels much more than a manifestion of my wandering mind.

3) If it is your "soul" can your body be over taken while out?  Is it dangerous I guess is what I'm saying.

4) I feel that I have Astral projected from an early age but it also seems like dreams, like my mind has seen too many things and I have an extremely strong immagination to create anything anywhere.  Such as, I'm on the beach in Hawaii and I can literally feel sand between my toes and hear waves breaking.  But I also can't remember things like it was just a lucid dream, times that I feel I have truly astral projected I was totally alone with a calming presence with me that did not use words and I filled overwhelmingly safe and content.

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated! I would like to try this seriously but to be honest I am quite afraid and nervous...
1) yes and no. More like an expansion of your awareness. Leaving ones body is a necessary metaphore for the mind to articulate what's happening. In truth the duality dosnt exist, but we are differential creatures.

I have watched over family many times. I cannot do it while in normal conciousness. Others seem to be able to. I have heard of the driving thing more than a few times now, I suspect it's part of the satori state people can reach while driving, but I don't really have any experience here.

3) your body cannot be taken over. This is a myth projected by the religously dogmatic who really don't have a clue.

4) projections douwnload straight to long term memory. By passing short term memory centers. You most write them down  to retain the grandure of what they are.

The calming presence is your angel. A very special spirit guide that will carry you places if you ask.

I hope that helps ;)

Edited by Seeker79, 28 September 2012 - 08:05 AM.

Bruce Lee-

Recent blog entries on this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users