Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lib Dems hold on despite UKIP surge....

lib dems ukip

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,683 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 02 March 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

Same for me, too.  Farage would make a much better British Prime Minister than Call Me Dave, Red Ed or Old Cleggie.

He's the only one out of the four main party leaders who is actually proud to be British and the only one who will properly stand up for Britain and her interests.

i agree, but troubled waters lay ahead for UKIP - like as been said by others on here, they will be slaughtered in the media as we get closer to the general election. - politics is a dirty business. but for now, lets enjoy the moment as the face of British politics starts to change.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#17    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 02 March 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

i agree, but troubled waters lay ahead for UKIP - like as been said by others on here, they will be slaughtered in the media as we get closer to the general election. - politics is a dirty business. but for now, lets enjoy the moment as the face of British politics starts to change.

I think the more the media attacks UKIP, wrongly calling them "racists" and "Far Right", the higher the number of British people who will vote for them.

The British people are getting fed up of certain Lefty media attacking those who dare talk about leaving the EU and cutting immigration as "Far Right racists" and such attacks will only increase UKIP's support.

#18    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,532 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

So there must be more Brainless Zombies in Eastliegh than normal people for them to scrape in again,I guess the Normal people came in 2nd.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#19    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 02 March 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

So there must be more Brainless Zombies in Eastliegh than normal people for them to scrape in again,I guess the Normal people came in 2nd.

The Liberals may have won but the rightwing parties, Tories and UKIP, got 53% of the vote.

View Postkeithisco, on 01 March 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

I think it is unfair to call UKIP a Single Issue Party. They have, and are continuing to garner, a wide knowledge in many Political spheres from their involvement as MEP´s.
Somewhat Ironic to be honest...

UKIP have many attractive policies besides getting us out of the EU.

For example, unlike the Tories, they want to INCREASE defence spending from the current 2.6% of GDP to around 3.6% of GDP, around an extra 40% spent on defence annually;

they will increase the size of the British Army by at least a quarter from what it was before the current army cuts took place;

they will bring the RAF and RN back to pre-2001 sizes;

they will ensure that the Royal Navy has three new aircraft carriers rather than two and nearly 70 other new ships, at the same time guaranteeing the future of the Plymouth, Portsmouth and Rosyth bases;

they will increase RAF capability by buying more essential helicopters, transport aircraft and 50 extra JSF Lightning aircraft;

they want to keep Britain's nuclear deterrent and ensure that the British State defends the British people at all costs;

they will cut MOD bureaucracy, which has one civil servant for every two military personnel;

they will introduce a ‘National Defence Medal’ respecting the service of all armed forces personnel and not just those who saw combat;

UKIP firmly believes that the British military should not have been involved in the Libyan situation;

they will bring back grammar schools;

they want to completely stop all immigration into Britain completely for five years and ensure that all immigrants can speak English, have minimum education levels and can support themselves financially rather than living off the State;

they want to bring in a points based visa system and time limited work permits;

they will ban cuts in policing;

they will double the number of prison places;

they will scrap the European Arrest Warrant;

they will repeal the Human Rights Act;

they will free police forces from the straitjacket of political correctness;

they will scrap university tuition fees in England which Scottish Labour MPs imposed on university students in England;

they will end the 50% university target for school leavers;

they will roll all State pensions and benefits into a simple, substantial Citizen’s Pension;

they will get schools to start teaching schoolkids basic British values again and to teach them to be proud of Britain. UKIP believes that multiculturalism has spilt British society and that political correctness has stifled free speech;

they will ensure that only British law, and not foreign laws like EU or Sharia, apply in Britain;

they will end the smoking ban in pubs, clubs and hotels;

they will hold a national referendum on whether or not to repeal the ban on foxhunting.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 03 March 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#20    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,841 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Do they intend to pay for all these things purely out of the amount they calculate they'd save by not being in the EU?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#21    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,951 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Looking at those policies I'd agree. Some are attractive but at the same time there are those that aren't. Examples are completely stopping immigration for five years instead of regulating it better or repealing the human rights act (which would almost certainly lead to abuses), holding a referendum on fox hunting something which has already been settled.And while not allowing non-British laws to apply may sound appealing what about international commiteements and extradition treaties? And getting rid of the MOD bureaucray and then still increasing the defence budget?

The Lib dems got a lot of votes for their promises on scrapping tuition fees and did they put them into place? Nope despite them being a major vote winner.

And let's not forget the kinds of things it's members have said whenever a mic's put in front of them. Who knows how they'll mess up this country in terms of what they see as being 'British'?

I couldn't in good conscience vote for these people no matter what 'attractive' policies they decide to dangle in front of people. If they ever came to power I think the only thing guaranteeed is they'd get us out of the EU but that's really the only thing they care about.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#22    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,532 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Having read Post #19, I can only think Promises,Promises, but every Gov't since WWII has made promises and never kept them or conveniently forgot them once elected. Winston Churchill was the only guy to keep his word, when he said "We shall Never Surrender".Since then the rest have been pure fantasy.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users