Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#7876    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

View Postzoser, on 28 February 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Who said anything about precise details.  They had no written word remember.

That's a very good point! That had no written word! No way to communicate anything with any degree of accuracy! I wonder if that could result in miscommunication over five hundred generations making this folklore unreliable. What do you think, zoser?

Everyone remembers a severe cataclysm of that destructive power.

How would they not?

I guess there were no severe cataclysms in North America until the Europeans arrived because the natives couldn't recall any.

#7877    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,620 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postzoser, on 28 February 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

Here's a good example of precision foundation work.

Notice how amazed Foerster becomes as he surveys the whole artefact.

Yeh Ive seen the same tone and expressions in Cheech and Chong  :clap: :tu:

Edited by seeder, 28 February 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7878    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,547 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postzoser, on 28 February 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

Only fools of modern times need them.

As I said you only need them if you need them.

They clearly didn't.

They were able to create precision both with and without right angles.  Total virtuosity in stonework.

Notice the moulding marks in the above picture?

Then that's not very much virtuosity, is it, if they leave their moulding marks all over it. A real craftsman will tidy up things like that. You'd have thought they'd have given it a rub down or something before they went on.

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 28 February 2013 - 09:01 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#7879    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,506 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Postzoser, on 28 February 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

Here's a good example of precision foundation work.

Notice how amazed Foerster becomes as he surveys the whole artefact.

What part of that aqueduct was a foundation? You know, a structure upon which a building rests, created for stability?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#7880    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Postzoser, on 28 February 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

Only fools of modern times need them.

As I said you only need them if you need them.

They clearly didn't.

They were able to create precision both with and without right angles.  Total virtuosity in stonework.

There are dry stone walls in my neighborhood which have this much precision. They weren't built by aliens unless my neighbors are keeping secrets from me.

#7881    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,506 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 28 February 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

Eeeeh, kids these days, no respect for their Ancient Elders.

Indeed, especially those that think they couldn't shape stone without the aid of aliens and their techno-magic.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#7882    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

View Postzoser, on 28 February 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

You were trying to argue that they were trying to achieve right angles.

I say they didn't need them.

Anything they wanted to do in stone they could have because they had the technology to do so .

Simple.

Let me give you the most basic rule of masonry: make as many stones level and square as possible. This makes the strongest wall. That's what we humans do.

The humans who built this wall were not able to do this or chose not to because it's too much work. That's why the lines aren't straight and level. If they had the technology to easily cut square stones, they would have.

You can't have it both ways, zoser. You can't ramble on about your alien stone cutting technology then claim sloppy masonry like this was also built by aliens that clearly did not use this supposed technology.

Too bad they didn't possess the amazing technology known as cement that we humans developed.

#7883    hacktorp

hacktorp

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 28 February 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Indeed. I've never seen anything more precise or square...

Posted Image

Keep in mind that these blocks were designed to be interlocking and used "key blocks" to tie them together.  This means dovetail-type interfacing surfaces that necessarily use angles of less than 90 degrees.  The workmanship is superb and will outlast both eons of time and any wonky attempts to discredit it.

Some of the angles may not be precisely 90 degrees, but the smart money will bet they ARE precisely as intended.

#7884    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,014 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

View Posthacktorp, on 28 February 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

Keep in mind that these blocks were designed to be interlocking and used "key blocks" to tie them together.  This means dovetail-type interfacing surfaces that necessarily use angles of less than 90 degrees.  The workmanship is superb and will outlast both eons of time and any wonky attempts to discredit it.

Some of the angles may not be precisely 90 degrees, but the smart money will bet they ARE precisely as intended.
But wait a sec, in AA it has been said:
{...} its really been cut at very accurate right angles [...](05:47).

Edit: grammar

Edited by bmk1245, 28 February 2013 - 10:14 PM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#7885    hacktorp

hacktorp

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 28 February 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

But wait a sec, in AA it was been said:
{...} its really been cut at very accurate right angles [...](05:47).

Yeah I know.  AA made themselves look stupid with that scene.

Many of the angles are 90 degrees and certain of them are not.

But then, they are not exactly aiming their show at the most critical of thinkers.

#7886    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

View Postdanielost, on 28 February 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

There are three ressons given by scientist give for the destruction Puma Punku, 1. A meteor, there is no crater.  2. A war,  again no crater nor are the stones scorched.  3. A loclized flood,  I don't think the nearby lake is large enough.

LINK

It has been offerred many times already, but as you are new to the thread, I thought it might be prudent to offer you this link.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#7887    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

View Postzoser, on 28 February 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

So common sense says that some major cataclysm hit the area.

When and what we don't know.  Flood, major earth shifting, whatever.  It was something extremely violent.

It must have been to cause that level of destruction.

Total common sense.

So this is another issue that casts doubt on the archaeological dating.  What was buried and when?

Not quite so Mr Engineer. That is not flooding erosion. The retaining wall are intact, and doing the job they were designed for. Major flooding carves noticeable causeways. I have been through several floods, they are reasonably common in south east QLD. All your picture casts doubt upon is your ability to objectively evaluate any site at all for any sort of realistic evaluation. Although I am not sure that any doubt actually did exist in that regard.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#7888    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,608 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

So the Incas forgot how to make metal tools?

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#7889    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,974 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

View Postscowl, on 28 February 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

There are dry stone walls in my neighborhood which have this much precision. They weren't built by aliens unless my neighbors are keeping secrets from me.

Nah.  I'm sure that the builders of those walls in your neighborhood had their green cards.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#7890    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,974 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

View Postdanielost, on 28 February 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

So the Incas forgot how to make metal tools?

I understand that this particular area of history is quite arcane, but I'd suggest that you use google before making such a broad and inane statement again:

Inca bronze has been found to be remarkably pure, aside from very small quantities of sulphur. The proportion of copper in Inca bronze varies from 86% in some articles to 97% in others. Some archaeologists have taken the position that since the greatest quantity of tin is usually found in those bronzes that would seen to require it least, the presence of tin in Inca bronzes should be regarded as accidental. This hypotheses has been carefully considered by the experts of the largest copper companies now known that during World War II enormous quantities of tin were recovered from Bolivian mines where our manufactures were delighted to secure supplies to take the place of those that came from the Straits Settlements before the Japanese occupation. It is also well known that enormous deposits of copper are found in Peru and in Chile but not in combination with tin.
Source

Incan Warrior Axe (Bronze):
Posted Image

Thinking the sites are Pre-Incan so this doesn't matter?  You're probably right about your timeline, but:

Other modes of artistic production practiced
by the Wari include metallurgy using alloys of gold, silver, and
copper;
PDF Source

The Wari were Pre-Incan and bordered on the Tiahuanaco Empire.

I'm far from an expert on South American Indigenous peoples, to say the least.  However, it's not exactly difficult to find out that you ought not assume a very large assumption without at least a rudimentary check.

Also, marks left by pounding stones have been reported at PP and Tiahuanaco.  The seemingly precisely cut stones at PP were almost certainly cut with copper saws and chisels.  Possibly bronze.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum