Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien abduction in Egypt 3300 BC

Big Bad Voodoo

It certainly looks a little weird, but maybe for them, seeing it within the context of their own religious and mythological symbology, it looked more normal and easy to understand. It may not even be a depiction of events within the mortal realm, but of something that took place in their version of the spirit world. I don't rule out completely the possibility of the ancient ET visitor theories, but I can't say that I would be convinced by this palette alone, as fascinating as it is, and as strange as it appears to us.

• Like 1

personal interpretation of a stela alone doesn't stamp it "ALIEN"

What you see is not what I see or other see.

What i see is a combination of two representations

hiero_R13.pngis present as the bird. which is indeed part of hiero_A13.pnghiero_R13.png which meant man-prisoner.

the stick on which the bird can be found at

800px-Wall_relief_Kom_Ombo11.JPG

800px-Edfu31.JPG

The hands shown holding the arms of the prisoner is a reperesentation of the rope which is shown

At an era where hieroglyphs was in its infancy, styhles mix and match and evolved into modern hieroglyphs.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't see any propulsion to make the symbolic representations hovering. nor do i see any aliens thingies there.

Why? Cant ancient Egyptians have some creative license at all??

• Like 3

It is "hovering" because the bottom part has been broken off in the course of millenia. Look at the right heel and left toe of the captives, they have clearly beem broken off as well. And this is more than 3,300 years old, which is the time of the Ramesids. This pallette dates back to the beginings of recorded AE history, before the pyramids.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri

personal interpretation of a stela alone doesn't stamp it "ALIEN"

What you see is not what I see or other see.

What i see is a combination of two representations

hiero_R13.pngis present as the bird. which is indeed part of hiero_A13.pnghiero_R13.png which meant man-prisoner.

the stick on which the bird can be found at

800px-Wall_relief_Kom_Ombo11.JPG

800px-Edfu31.JPG

The hands shown holding the arms of the prisoner is a reperesentation of the rope which is shown

At an era where hieroglyphs was in its infancy, styhles mix and match and evolved into modern hieroglyphs.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't see any propulsion to make the symbolic representations hovering. nor do i see any aliens thingies there.

Why? Cant ancient Egyptians have some creative license at all??

Could it be that they all are influenced by plate I posted? It was before those you posted.

It is "hovering" because the bottom part has been broken off in the course of millenia. Look at the right heel and left toe of the captives, they have clearly beem broken off as well. And this is more than 3,300 years old, which is the time of the Ramesids. This pallette dates back to the beginings of recorded AE history, before the pyramids.

No it is not. Look another one.

Spartan, on your pictures it looks like sling.

On plate I posted it have sqaure instead of head and hands.

Where is square and hands on your pictures...?

Its like vizier or screen...

Edited by the L

I was stuned by this plate due details AE used. Look details on hair. Or their penis.

So these things behind them have had hands, wierd heads and it seems that they were hovering.

And circle isnt my prime concern but in contest could it be portal or ship?

Edited by the L

It may not even be a depiction of events within the mortal realm, but of something that took place in their version of the spirit world.

Thats only logic explaination. But then again all myths are based on true stories.

Achillies existed. Hades too. etc.

Did hovering square heads with hands existed? That is a question raised from this plate.

Edited by the L

Or perhaps birds were their heads...

Or better...birds are used as symbol to potraited to us that those things were flying.

No it is not. Look another one.

But where are they "hovering"? Because they are not attached to the base of the border the frieze they are in is normal, not "Hovering". Hieroglyphs whether horizontal or vertical, are always within the dividing lines, not attached to them.

But where are they "hovering"? Because they are not attached to the base of the border the frieze they are in is normal, not "Hovering". Hieroglyphs whether horizontal or vertical, are always within the dividing lines, not attached to them.

Do hieroglyphs have penises with details? Hair with details?

This is not hieroglyph. Hieroglyph Spartan mentioned as wiki page is influenced by ths plate.

Also what about my question to spartans slings.

What about birds above? Is that symbol of flying?

Edited by the L

Do hieroglyphs have penises with details? Hair with details?

This is not hieroglyph. Hieroglyph Spartan mentioned as wiki page is influenced by ths plate.

Also what about my question to spartans slings.

What about birds above? Is that symbol of flying?

What is seen is a mix of early hieroglyphs and drawings depicting events, rather like the paintings in tomb of Tutankhamun. He is shown with full details, hair etc, with Ay, and there are hieroglyphs that describe who they are and what is happening. You are confusing art with the writing (hieroglyphs) that describe what the art is about. On your basis the Narmer palette could be said to describe people floating in zero G as the figures depicted are not attached to any ground. The "standards" with a falcon and ibis on top of them clearly, as Spartan has said, indicate these men are prisoners by the arms coming from the standards to hold them. It is my conjecture that the standards, which became the hieroglyph for prisoner, may indicate divisions of the army that have captured prisoners. But that is conjecture. The depiction of people, animals, objetcs etc will come before the writing has evolved. We see this in cave paintings were people and other things are depicted, but there is no writing, though the painters will certainly have been telling a story. This palette and others show a transitory phase from pictographs to proper writing. There is nothing mysterious here.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri

<<Snip>>

This is what wiki say about it.

But to me it seems like some robots/drones...with wierd heads.

Notice how they hovering.

Circle might be ship or perhaps portal.

These are typical Egyptian standards, L. They can be found in Egyptian iconography from all points of pharaonic history. From the Old Kingdom on they're fairly well understood to represent estates and different nomes of the Delta and Nile Valley, and while there is some conjecture about their uses on Early Dynastic monuments such as your Battlefield Palette, most scholars posit that the meaning is the same.

The Narmer Palette has them as well, as seen in this detail:

narmer9hres.jpg

These standards typically have animal aspects at the tops, such as birds or canids or pelts. By the Old Kingdom, each nome of Egypt had a standard that stood as its totemic symbol, much as each state in the United States has its own flag today. Other late prehistoric to Early Dynastic monuments and artifacts have the same thing, such as the Hunter's Palette (in which some figures hold standards while others grasp weapons) and Scorpion's mace head (note the standards arrayed along the top). Below is an illustration of more standards:

various_ancient_standards.gif

Note the example at top-right: as with the Battlefield Palette, this standard has human arms in a common pharaonic anthropomorphic motif. The standards in your example would represent the royal house or perhaps a nome bearing prisoners of war. The fact that these two men are prisoners is obvious, as is the fact that they're not Egyptian (note the curly hair and beards, which perhaps mark them as Libyan although it's not clear). Above the two bound prisoners you can see the sprawled bodies of two dead enemy soldiers.

This whole palette (such as it survives) is about aggression, warfare, and Egypt's dominion over foreigners—hence the palette's common moniker today.

• Like 2

A note about figural placement in such artifacts. I neglected to include this in my preceding post and might as well enter it here. The bound prisoners are provided a groundline in the same manner as Narmer and his retinue in the photo in my preceding post, but this is not always the case. Especially in artwork of late prehistory and the Early Dynastic Period, the registers and organization seen in later artwork are not as commonplace. The two dead soldiers above the bound men are of course not literally hovering, but lying dead on the ground.

Look again at my detail of the Narmer Palette in my preceding post. Narmer and his retinue appear to be marching toward the right, where you can see a line of decapitated enemy soldiers. Of course they're not hovering, but are meant to depict enemy corpses neatly arrayed for the king's inspection.

Careful attention must be paid to how one interprets ancient artwork.

• Like 1

...I learned that the early Egyptians had rockin' 80s-style perms or possibly Afros. That's awesome.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

This is the lower half of the same pallette from The L's link;

Battlefield_palette.jpg

I might add that these are apparently Asians being captured so if it's alien involvment depicted the story is probably at least second hand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

L, in your OP you were speculating that the circular form on the fragment of the Battlefield Palette "might be ship or perhaps portal." This was actually the spot on the palette in which cosmetics were to be mixed, such as malachite and galena. Check out this page of Google images to see numerous other examples.

It goes without saying that such palettes were ritual in nature and probably were never actually used to prepare makeup. Nevertheless, cosmetic palettes are abundant in the archaeological record of predynastic Egypt. They're typically nowhere near as elaborate as Narmer's Palette or the Battlefield Palette, but they were both functional and attractive. They could be carved in geometric forms or in the shapes of animals, especially fish and birds.

Back on the subject of anthropomorphic iconography, this was a common practice down through pharaonic history. You see it in objects like the djed pillar, the ankh, and in combinations of icons. In this case you see a djed clutching was scepters and with ankhs hanging from the arms, all surmounting the neb basket. The Battlefield Palette contains no hieroglyphs of which I'm aware, but it was early styles like it which would inspire the personified icons in my list. In the case of my last link all of the icons are separate hieroglyphs which ultimately spell out the pharse "All strength, life, and dominion."

As is always the case, no aliens are involved. :alien:

• Like 2

I agree. The "robots" are not hovering.

If those who do see "hovering" look at the pic Cladking posted earlier, you can see the Lower section of the artifact, which shows how the upper section fits onto it and the feet of the prisoners are on the lower section.

Edited by DieChecker

I was stuned by this plate due details AE used. Look details on hair. Or their penis.

So these things behind them have had hands, wierd heads and it seems that they were hovering.

And circle isnt my prime concern but in contest could it be portal or ship?

Actually, those penises chatch attention. Could they be John Holmes's ancestors? :lol:

I don't see anywthing weird in this palette, except the abovementioned body parts

I see I made an error in my earlier post, which is what happens when you don't read other folks' posts carefully enough. In talking about hovering L was referring to the two standards, not the splayed soldiers above the bound prisoners. My apologies. Nevertheless, I think it's obvious the two standards do not represent actual living beings. Instead, they represent a wider and specific group of people: be it from the royal house or a nome of ancient Egypt.

The fact that they don't touch the implied ground line is immaterial. One cannot achieve a working understanding of ancient art by viewing such things through 21st century eyes.

Kmt,

thanks on post. Your link Hunter's Palette doesnt work btw.

I didnt know egyptians have had wide range of standards. And such vivid ones. With hands.

I dont know what to say. For moment I felt I discover something.

All I discover beside various AE standards and that Gauis Marius probably took Egyptian standard.

As it is now (USA) obviously it always feel safe under the eagle (Egypt, Rome)

Drones... :blush:

Edited by the L