Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaur like creature

Unexplainedexplained

Your the first person that ive come into contact with that has had a similar experience. Mabe there are still things that arent discovered. The platapus was discovered in the late 90s early 2000s. Imagine what the people thout when that was discovered.

WHAT!! More like late 1790s , That's something you could have easily checked before posting it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus

• Like 3

Hello everyone, I just started this account to specifically get some enlightenment on something that has been a bother in my head for awhile.

When I was young I was playing outside like most children do, and by one of my sheds I seen a huge blue dinosaur looking creature. Being so young I was scared of the creature and ran to my mother. When I told her there was a dinosaur, of course she thought it was just childs play. When I returned to go investigate the creature, it was gone.

After the experience I felt like I was in a dream like state of mind, but I know for fact that I was awake during the encounter. I live in a suburban area and there would absolutely no way that I would be able to be the only one to see such a creature. Sadly, I was. I have no proof except for the memory burnt into my brain. Curious of what it could be I came to a friend who happened to be a wiccan, she gave me a book complete about dragons. After reading the first 20 pages of the book, it told me that dragons have the ability to travel through dimensions and often only reveal themselves to children. I'm still skeptical to this day, but it could be possible. I would like to hear some feed back about this, negative or positive. Thanks.

I know how you feel. I had a very similar experience as a kid. We live by the sea and my dad took me a walk along the shore. One day as he was looking at ships through his binos, I saw a huge eel like creature with a head like a horse silently raise its head and huge neck out of the sea! I franticly tugged at my dads coat "dad,dad it's a monster" my dad ignored me and continued to check out the shipping. The creature began to glide through the water, it's head an neck still proud of the water until a gull dive bombed the creature from an close by cliff! It quickly lurched forward and disappeared under the sea. My dad heard the noise and asked me what it was. I told him a monster and he laughed.

• Like 1

For what its worth; I once had an incredibly powerful vision of a Dragon. I knew that this was not a creature in front of me or anything like that, but the sense of a connection was overwhelming. Of course it could have all been in my head, but I think it was likely something more. Such expieriences have been reported by others over time as well.

So, it could have been your imagination, or prehaps there was something you saw in your mind for an instant.

i believe you. i saw a unicorn out in a field once when i was maybe 8 or 9. Now, i was pretty sure they werent real creatures (but i so wanted them to be) until i saw it. i still remember it. plain as day. there is still magic in this world. we just forget about it as we grow up. thankfully, ive never forgotten :D

lol

• Like 1

mabe I was a little off on the date bud regardless imagine what they thought

Yeah but at roughly the same time they were also exploring Australia for the first time. A huge new island that no European had ever explored before, an island nearly bigger than all of Europe so of coarse everything they saw would have been new to them. Kangaroos, koalas, wombats etc. all totally different to any Eurasian/American/African animal.

Now there is a huge difference between people exploring a new country two hundred years ago to today where everywhere on Earth has pretty much been explored. No room for Dragons the length of three cars to hide.

Edited by DKO

Yeah but at roughly the same time they were also exploring Australia for the first time. A huge new island that no European had ever explored before, an island nearly bigger than all of Europe so of coarse everything they saw would have been new to them. Kangaroos, koalas, wombats etc. all totally different to any Eurasian/American/African animal.

Now there is a huge difference between people exploring a new country two hundred years ago to today where everywhere on Earth has pretty much been explored. No room for Dragons the length of three cars to hide.

We have only explored 5 percent of the ocean.

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/exploration.html

And here is the top ten unexplored places.

http://top-10-list.org/2010/10/17/top-10-unexplored-earth-/

If I were a mythical creature id want to live in Gangkhar Puensum, Bhutan. and a couple of these places are off limits to civilians.

OP, what was the name of the book your friend gave you?

(If you can remember.)

Perhaps you should research the fallible nature of our senses, cognitions, and memories. Just because we experience/recall something unusual doesn't mean the event actually happened as we remember it or even if it happened at all.

Dimensional dragons is way cooler, though. So, perhaps you should stick with that...

Of course, just because something appears to be unbelievable, that does not necessarily make it so. I would trust what we experience above all else. Including what is commonly considered 'rational'. Then again, as a child, the imagination is quite chaotic.

But imagine if the creatures of myth were inextricably linked with the notion of other dimensions? It strikes me as remiss to suggest that all the folklore on these creatures is incorrect.

When I was young I recall seeing a Man-gator (half man half-alligator, well alligator head) wearing a flower print hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts. I am not sure where this came from but I am sure that it was just my imagination. It is spectacular what a young imagination can create.

• Like 1

But imagine if the creatures of myth were inextricably linked with the notion of other dimensions? It strikes me as remiss to suggest that all the folklore on these creatures is incorrect.

Yeah but if we imagine, than everything rational goes out the window. Dimensions refer to the minimum number of co-ordinates between points not 'another universe or existence' eg, Square = 2 - Dimensions, cube = 3 Dimensions.

And there are many more reason why the dragon myth started that are A LOT more rational than 'Dragons from another dimension that come to our dimension to visit kids and then disappear'. :rofl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon#Animals_that_may_have_inspired_dragons

• Like 1

Is it necessary to invoke some imaginary external dimension in order to explain processes that naturally occur within the individual?

When I was young I recall seeing a Man-gator (half man half-alligator, well alligator head) wearing a flower print hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts. I am not sure where this came from but I am sure that it was just my imagination. It is spectacular what a young imagination can create.

Clearly impossible: any self-respecting repptile would have too much taste to wear a Hawaiian shirt... :w00t:

Clearly impossible: any self-respecting repptile would have too much taste to wear a Hawaiian shirt... :w00t:

You sure about that? You might want to ask what Feelingz' date was wearing... Just sayin'... :unsure2:

Hello everyone, I just started this account to specifically get some enlightenment on something that has been a bother in my head for awhile.

When I was young I was playing outside like most children do, and by one of my sheds I seen a huge blue dinosaur looking creature. Being so young I was scared of the creature and ran to my mother. When I told her there was a dinosaur, of course she thought it was just childs play. When I returned to go investigate the creature, it was gone.

After the experience I felt like I was in a dream like state of mind, but I know for fact that I was awake during the encounter. I live in a suburban area and there would absolutely no way that I would be able to be the only one to see such a creature. Sadly, I was. I have no proof except for the memory burnt into my brain. Curious of what it could be I came to a friend who happened to be a wiccan, she gave me a book complete about dragons. After reading the first 20 pages of the book, it told me that dragons have the ability to travel through dimensions and often only reveal themselves to children. I'm still skeptical to this day, but it could be possible. I would like to hear some feed back about this, negative or positive. Thanks.

I have heard many different stories of dragons and heard of many different versions but never have I even heard a smidgeon of the description that woman gave you. With all due respect to your experience but typical folklore regarding dragons is widespread and this book you got sounds like the ramblings of a person not quite in touch with reality.

Without being disrespectful I would say you were seeing things. No offense.

People see things like that all the time. I saw things in my life most wouldnt believe. But that doesnt mean I was smoking weed or it didnt happen. Lol

Well, I do not think that this is part of your child play mind making you dream this thing up. I know sometimes our minds might perceive something that isn't what it is but that doesn't that what u saw there wasn't really there.

A lot of people like to discredit children and people for what they see because they have no proof and say it is your mind playing tricks on you. I think that's a higher authority saying, we are going to tell you you are imagining something when it is actually true. This is something I always believed. Like they make movies about ghost, and aliens, to get you to believe oh this is fake just things in a movie but its actually something real. I am a firm believe that people see what they see, whether someone else can or not. I think some people are just mentally stronger than others that they may be able to see in other dimensions and I firmly believe children are septiable to that because of personal experience.

There was a time when people should question what they see, but now it is not. There are too many strange things happening in the world. Things we been taught our whole lives to believe arent true. Don't forget what you saw. I agree with you if you want to question what you really say if it was really a dinosuar or dragon or not, but in my opinion, if you cannot find another option for this question then the answer is a dragon or dinosuar.

i believe you. i saw a unicorn out in a field once when i was maybe 8 or 9. Now, i was pretty sure they werent real creatures (but i so wanted them to be) until i saw it. i still remember it. plain as day. there is still magic in this world. we just forget about it as we grow up. thankfully, ive never forgotten :D

Maybe in childhood we perceive things adults don't?
  • Like 1

I don't think it is that simple.

what if it were?

There are many things that cannot be explained, or ever will be.

• Like 3

Well if it was then it certainly would be a complicated thing to explain! ;)

absolutely. and just think of all those other hard to explain things. like gravity. or quantum physics or mechanics. or how the dryer eats just one sock.