Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

New evidence for Megalodon

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    zygon

zygon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• dead men tell no tales

Posted 09 January 2004 - 06:11 PM

heres the bbc site with it on, there are a few pics dotted around. enjoy

My site!
--dont steal...the government doesnt like the competition.
save time, assume i know everything
if you're 555 then im 666
Posted Image

#17    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 09 January 2004 - 09:55 PM

i saw that show 'the abyss' too. they said that we've only EXPLORED 1% of the sea so that means that there are probably thousands of other species that we havn't discovered yet but i giant shark seems over the top. Most of the fish we havn't found are probably exotic type animals since they can live deeper than most other sea creatures - jellyfish, seahorse and any other strange looking invertebrate.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#18    crosswarrior

crosswarrior

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• In The Name Of God, Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation. AMEN

Posted 10 January 2004 - 02:09 AM

I think that we develope a program for the exploration of the oceans that would be on par with the proposed space program. The ocean is not only alot easier to reach; but could also (if the harvesting of plankton were refined) prove to be a solution to the hunger crisis.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum.
(Justice, though heaven fall)

Enter freely. Go safely and leave something of the happiness you bring.

#19    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:07 AM

I used to have a megalodon tooth.. I found it in one of those batches of shark teeth in the middle... it was about the size from the back of my wrist to the end of my middle finger.....

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#20    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 11 January 2004 - 01:29 AM

honestly I think Doomie and the others are right. No one knows whats down there adn then we get these guys showing up now:

user posted image

So I wouldn't discount Megladon...

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#21    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 11 January 2004 - 02:16 AM

great pic of the squid. I would be suprised if that, and all the other giant squids they've found, are just babies. If that was the case than the megalodon seems believable.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#22    Byuu94

Byuu94

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 03:29 AM

heres a pic

Attached Files

Posted Image

"I think that people should make up their own minds for me." - Eric Idle

#23    Duofrost

Duofrost

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

• Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing Empire, or to challenge
    the fates for another throw, a better throw against one's destin

Posted 14 January 2004 - 09:28 PM

i went looking on the web for alittle info about the megalodon here what i found out about it hope it helps   wink2.gif

http://www.elasmo-research.org/education/e...n_megalodon.htm

#24    buggyelfmaiden

buggyelfmaiden

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

• Little Warrior Elfie of the Army of Bored.

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (zygon @ Jan 9 2004, 05:07 PM)
true, we know very little about the oceans, infact we know more about space than we do about them.
i watched this program called 'the abyss' and they sent a submarine to the bottom of the ocean in some place, i cant remember how deep but they showed some pretty cool stuff. i'll try find some pictures and put them on here.

I remember that movie... It was about an alien ship...

The water snake bit was awsome though...  

Buggy and Toe's Random Thoughts My LJ

My website - Enjoy.

Here stands an Elfin warrior... Confuse her for a Keebler sprite and you'll be lucky to leave with limbs in place. - me acting silly in one of my various DnD rpg's

"It's religion.  It's not supposed to make sense." - Melanie Rawn The Ruins of Ambrai

#25    ambyglam

ambyglam

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

• When in disgrace with fortunes and mens eyes,
    Be glam!

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Blue-Scorpion @ Jan 8 2004, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (Loque @ Jan 8 2004, 04:33 PM)
It would have shrank with its prey to about the size of a medium sized whale.

This is not necessarily true, for if it was the total truth, blue whales would have shrunken down to the size of a mere dolphin, trying to eat krill, which is billions of times smaller than it.

Sometimes evolution is not the cause of change in a certain species of animals, it's mutation(s).

ah however u see that by now the shark would be smaller and probably pure white with no eyes. the whale is a mystery as the planet does not have the oxygen to support such large mammals any more due to the depletion of stromolites.

but since no one has seen the shark for oooooh well ever really, they would have had to be living far below the surface to avoid being seen, further down there is less oxygen so the shark would not be able to sustain its emmense size, and it would have lost all of its pigmentation from no sunlight and would have no nees for eyes either since they are not much use in the pitch black, however the one theory ive been thinking is that once or twicw there could be a genetic throw back in the genes of the ansestors of the original sharks thus throwing back only one or two every now and again!

ph34r.gif  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users