Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tony Blair's new laws "comparable to Hitler."

Blackleaf

Measures 'comparable with Hitler'

09:30am 6th August 2005

Tony Blair's announcement of new measures to tackle Islamist radicalism is comparable to Adolf Hitler's demonisation of the Jews in pre-war Germany, a prominent Muslim cleric said.

Dr Mohammed Naseem, the chairman of the Birmingham Central Mosque, said the Prime Minister was "not very wise" to propose action against extremist Muslim preachers in the wake of the London terror attacks.

There have already been calls for Dr Naseem's resignation, after he questioned whether Muslims were responsible for the July 7 atrocities and suggested that al Qaida may not exist.

Mr Blair wants new powers to exclude or deport foreign nationals who come to the UK to preach hate, and said he is ready to amend the Human Rights Act in order to do so.

He is consulting on measures to close down mosques and bookshops which are identified as centres where terrorism is glorified or condoned.

And he has announced a ban on two radical Islamist organisations, Hizb ut-Tahrir and al-Muhajiroun, even though their leadership insist that they do not advocate violence in the UK.

Dr Naseem told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "I think he is not very wise in the way he did it. I am saying he is not handling the situation wisely, because he says one thing at one time and another at another."

He said there were "similarities" between Mr Blair's approach to Britain's Muslim community and Hitler's demonisation of Jews early in his time as German Chancellor.

"He (Hitler) was democratically elected and gradually he created a bogey identity, that is, the Jewish people, and posed to the Germans that they were a threat to the country," said Dr Naseem.

"On that basis, he started a process of elimination of Jewish people. I see the similarities. Everything moves step by step. I am saying these are dangerous times and we must take note of this."

dailymail.co.uk

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Blackleaf

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If this guy doesn't like the anti-terrorism laws then just deport the b*stard