Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Pagan Practices 101

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#46    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

View Postnotoverrated, on 08 September 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

what does a spirit look like? or do you just feel them or soemthing?
You feel the energy . I occasionally see things ,but most of it is done to honor the entity .
Most people will not see anything ,unless they are very sensitive ,and its not usually a form of a person you see.
Odd wisps of what looks like smoke. Flashes .
An HPs friend of mine ,one saw a screaming skull flying around the room .
She said it was laughing and not scary .I wasn't there ,so I missed it .

Miss me?

#47    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 September 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

When you first start,your energies are not yet focused.You only get out of it,what you put into it.
Intent ,concentration,and energy are required .
What kind of spells are you doing ? Candle,herbal ?

And what kind are we talking about .From and ex boyfriend,from evil eye,from other worldly entities,from the tax man ?
For all protection,you must envision white light engulfing you,just as a mental exercise .
Burning white hot light . I also put mirrors up,so that anyone sending something bad my way,it gets reflected back to them.No harm,so karma is clean ,but if you just send their own bad thoughts back to them,its on them,not you .

One technique for shielding is to visualize a wall all around you but have it so that the shield allows the positive energy through. Some shields are so rigid they do not allow this.

Then have the shield not reflect back negative energy but have it slide down into the ground so it can be grounded in the earth below us and be recycled as positive energy.

Also a few who practice shielding overdo it to the point of paranoia and always have a shield up which is just not  conducive to balancing.

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

Noooooo,we don't have demons in Santeria and voodoo .They are deities ,like other pantheons .

And yes,offerings. In most cases,each entity ,has specific things they like .
For Santeria ,Palo ,and voodoo ,they all love rum and cigars,save ellegua ,he shouldn't get either.
He likes toys and candy .He's almost child like,except he loves changos sword,so he steals it ,and plays with it.

Sooo,for example,my goddess is Oya,she loves the color purple,cloves ,and rainbows .
So any purple foods.
Plums,eggplant,raisins .purple flowers .
I use clove oil to annoint ,and I put rainbow colors of glitter in it .
Her number is nine ,so ive her nine pennies .
She rules the cemetery ,so some graveyard dirt ,or leave the ritual remains in a cemetery.
Her water is rainwater.
I always collect some for her during huge storms.

Like that.
Her animal is pigeons,and her Palo equivalent loves cats.

If you chose to ask a certain entity for help,offerings are a must .

Indeed, while Santeria and Voodoo are forms of Christopaganism,  the orixas and spirits of those traditions are not demons. That sounds more like mainstream Christian bs to me to think those traditions have anything to do with demons.

It is also refreshing to have a resident witch here who is open with herself and others. That you most likely understand that the syncretism of Christopaganism and other blended faiths is the most natural thing ever for those who embrace these paths. Your acceptance of others is awesome and comforting to my heart.

#48    Hellcat009

Hellcat009

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

The only religion I ever considered truely converting to,was Hindu/Tibetan forms of Buddhism .
I also do not feel comfortable with some wiccan elements,but I believe in certain higher powers .
Your approach to Lilith is quite interesting though . I like it .
And any Wicca who goes on about do no harm etc,has probably cast more black spells than rings on their fingers.
Shhhhhhhh .....they want to keep it a secret .

What was that crazy woman's name....Armida .
Wow,I haven't said her name in years .
She was the worst of them all.
All this alleged wiccan love,and she probably killed thousands of animals,horribly ,in rituals.
Its been suggested she killed a few humans too....
Wow,so long ago.
I heard she died an agonizing death of cancer....
She was despised by the entire Wiccan community .

It's the same with any other deity, I think. If I particularly liked the story and tales told about Kali or Ganesha, I would light a candle to them. It's sort of like lighting a candle after a loved one has died. It's not always because their spirit is still around, it is to honor their memory. Their is no pantheon or religion that is more correct than another, and if you were a witch and wanted a shrine to St. Michel, there would be nothing wrong with that. Or if you want to strictly study and practice with Egyptian deities, that is perfectly okay too. I just don't like people being judging or other people's magic, which is why I could never practice with a coven because everyone in a coven has to pretty much have the same beliefs or you get people debating over who is more right.

I have no problem with black magic or blood magic. If you want to add blood to your spell, do it, but always use your own blood. I've offered blood to Lilith plenty of times and it was always my own, given willingly. I really just think that people can do whatever the hell they want. There is supposed to be freedom of religion in America, and if someone wants to dance around naked under the full moon then they can. It doesn't hurt other people.

#49    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

View Postnotoverrated, on 08 September 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

what does a spirit look like? or do you just feel them or soemthing?
You feel the energy . I occasionally see things ,but most of it is done to honor the entity .
Most people will not see anything ,unless they are very sensitive ,and its not usually a form of a person you see.
Odd wisps of what looks like smoke. Flashes .
An HPs friend of mine ,one saw a screaming skull flying around the room .
She said it was laughing and not scary .I wasn't there ,so I missed it .

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 08 September 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

One technique for shielding is to visualize a wall all around you but have it so that the shield allows the positive energy through. Some shields are so rigid they do not allow this.

Then have the shield not reflect back negative energy but have it slide down into the ground so it can be grounded in the earth below us and be recycled as positive energy.

Also a few who practice shielding overdo it to the point of paranoia and always have a shield up which is just not  conducive to balancing.

Indeed, while Santeria and Voodoo are forms of Christopaganism,  the orixas and spirits of those traditions are not demons. That sounds more like mainstream Christian bs to me to think those traditions have anything to do with demons.

It is also refreshing to have a resident witch here who is open with herself and others. That you most likely understand that the syncretism of Christopaganism and other blended faiths is the most natural thing ever for those who embrace these paths. Your acceptance of others is awesome and comforting to my heart.

Thank you so much rabbit ,you have made me so happy with these simple words .
And by mirrors,i meant mirror shields of the metaphysical nature. I must remember to clarify ,as not everyone knows all of the tricks. I even sheild planes when I board them .

Do you like rabbits ?
I have three.
:)

Miss me?

#50    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 08 September 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

I'm still interested to know how it's possible to combine witchcraft with Christianity, given the Bible's prohibitions against such practice... would you be so kind as to explain for me?

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#51    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostHellcat009, on 08 September 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

It's the same with any other deity, I think. If I particularly liked the story and tales told about Kali or Ganesha, I would light a candle to them. It's sort of like lighting a candle after a loved one has died. It's not always because their spirit is still around, it is to honor their memory. Their is no pantheon or religion that is more correct than another, and if you were a witch and wanted a shrine to St. Michel, there would be nothing wrong with that. Or if you want to strictly study and practice with Egyptian deities, that is perfectly okay too. I just don't like people being judging or other people's magic, which is why I could never practice with a coven because everyone in a coven has to pretty much have the same beliefs or you get people debating over who is more right.

I have no problem with black magic or blood magic. If you want to add blood to your spell, do it, but always use your own blood. I've offered blood to Lilith plenty of times and it was always my own, given willingly. I really just think that people can do whatever the hell they want. There is supposed to be freedom of religion in America, and if someone wants to dance around naked under the full moon then they can. It doesn't hurt other people.
Well,you must be careful with black magick . I do not do black art spells ,but once in a while,.....I will modify one for a purpose .
Using black spells,can have repercussions,and my karma ,is such that ,I must be careful . Past life stuff I think .
Blood magick ,I don't even get why people get so freaked out about it ,unless of course you're draining things to do it.
Using your own blood can also have issues,if an entity is involved .
You can bind yourself to it ......so ,I tread lightly in these areas .
I generally will just use justice spells for retribution .

And I do full rituals to Kali Ganesh Tara and Lakshmi .
With the coconut and rose water and the mantra .
I actually find it very soothing to chant mantras .
Lakshmis is very long.Doing it 108 times is very intense.
I will post one of my favorites for you .

Miss me?

#52    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

View PostArbitran, on 08 September 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

I'm still interested to know how it's possible to combine witchcraft with Christianity, given the Bible's prohibitions against such practice... would you be so kind as to explain for me?
*nods*
If a Christian ,has a leaning in this direction,they understand that God,could not give a crap about a book,written a millenia after the death of his alleged son,where they stories were mutated and bastardize ,to the point 3/4s of it ,may not even be correct anymore.
The church has all this power,and wants control . So they pound the book into your head.
It's irrelevant .
The way I look at it,and this is personal to me,and I took a huge flaming for this on LiveJournal years ago,in a non wiccan community..
But,it all comes from one place.
Who knows how old the story really is .
God couldn't care less how you say "hello",to him,as long as you say hello .
If you understand this,that's more than half the battle.

So,people who combine the two,see no issue with it .
Any one religion ,that claims to be the best,or the "correct" one,is so arrogant ,that there is bound to be hypocrisy at every turn .
Some people become disillusioned with their own faith,and look elsewhere for answers.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 08 September 2012 - 08:04 AM.

Miss me?

#53    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

View PostArbitran, on 08 September 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

The story of Jesus,may just be gossip,mutated over centuries .
There are some similiarities between Jesus and ganesh ?
http://www.scribd.co...sus-Coincidence
It's not on this page,but Horus and Jesus were both also carpenters by trade .
http://www.indiadivi...us-ganesha.html

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 08 September 2012 - 08:14 AM.

Miss me?

#54    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

*nods*
If a Christian ,has a leaning in this direction,they understand that God,could not give a crap about a book,written a millenia after the death of his alleged son,where they stories were mutated and bastardize ,to the point 3/4s of it ,may not even be correct anymore.
The church has all this power,and wants control . So they pound the book into your head.
It's irrelevant .
The way I look at it,and this is personal to me,and I took a huge flaming for this on LiveJournal years ago,in a non wiccan community..
But,it all comes from one place.
Who knows how old the story really is .
God couldn't care less how you say "hello",to him,as long as you say hello .
If you understand this,that's more than half the battle.

So,people who combine the two,see no issue with it .
Any one religion ,that claims to be the best,or the "correct" one,is so arrogant ,that there is bound to be hypocrisy at every turn .
Some people become disillusioned with their own faith,and look elsewhere for answers.

I see... But, if the Bible is out with the rubbish heap, then why retain the Christian part, i.e., believing that Jesus of Nazareth was the son of God? I mean, if one concludes that the Bible is basically a fabrication, or at best a distorted version, then why does the Jesus bit seem to apply more than, say, the witchcraft-is-evil bit?

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#55    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

The story of Jesus,may just be gossip,mutated over centuries .
There are some similiarities between Jesus and ganesh ?
http://www.scribd.co...sus-Coincidence
It's not on this page,but Horus and Jesus were both also carpenters by trade .

There are some intriguing similarities. I've been astonished myself at the resemblance Jesus has with Gautama Buddha or the ancient god Mithras. You might have a look at that if you haven't already.

#56    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

View PostArbitran, on 08 September 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

There are some intriguing similarities. I've been astonished myself at the resemblance Jesus has with Gautama Buddha or the ancient god Mithras. You might have a look at that if you haven't already.
Yes,I've seen some of it .
It's all one big happy family in reality .
It's like different cultures ,look at it thru a different prism at a different angle.
The more enlightened a religion ,the more they understand this.

As for combining ,when you come from say a very religious household,I think its hard to give up what has been pounded into your head.
They need to keep part of what is comfortable to them .
Whatever works I say .

Miss me?

#57    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

Yes,I've seen some of it .
It's all one big happy family in reality .
It's like different cultures ,look at it thru a different prism at a different angle.
The more enlightened a religion ,the more they understand this.

As for combining ,when you come from say a very religious household,I think its hard to give up what has been pounded into your head.
They need to keep part of what is comfortable to them .
Whatever works I say .

Indeed. I sort of figured.

#58    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostArbitran, on 08 September 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

Indeed. I sort of figured.
Part of it may also be guilt ?,catholic guilt ,Jewish guilt ,they are the worst ,so they keep part of their faith ,to keep from feeling as if they are betraying their devout Irish mum .

Miss me?

#59    Hellcat009

Hellcat009

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

Well,you must be careful with black magick . I do not do black art spells ,but once in a while,.....I will modify one for a purpose .
Using black spells,can have repercussions,and my karma ,is such that ,I must be careful . Past life stuff I think .
Blood magick ,I don't even get why people get so freaked out about it ,unless of course you're draining things to do it.
Using your own blood can also have issues,if an entity is involved .
You can bind yourself to it ......so ,I tread lightly in these areas .
I generally will just use justice spells for retribution .

I feel like if I'm upset at someone or something enough to go out of my way to curse them, then I am completely okay with taking the responsibility for what comes back to me. I think that is generally a good rule of thumb for anyone who wants to perform black magic. If you are adult enough to accept what comes back to and you are okay with that, then do your black magic. For example, I hexed someone once and I ended up with pneumonia a week later. Was it a direct result of cursing this person? Maybe, maybe not, but because I felt like this person deserved that curse, I was okay with the repercussions of it. I feel like like in general should be like that- you want to go out and do [x, y, z] ? Okay, then can you accept the responsibility of what may happen as a result? It almost feels like a certain kind of maturity to approach life and the craft like that.

Also, I would NEVER bind an entity to me, ever. Even if it was a dead relative I'd never bind them to me. That is just asking for something bad, because it is incredibly hard to break that bind. I feel like if the entity is particularly associated with death/blood/the color red, then there is no problem, but you should never do it as a way of binding. Never never never.

Edited by Hellcat009, 08 September 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#60    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

Part of it may also be guilt ?,catholic guilt ,Jewish guilt ,they are the worst ,so they keep part of their faith ,to keep from feeling as if they are betraying their devout Irish mum .

Very probable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users