Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Born in the Wrong Time Period

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1    Joke_Master_Mandy

Joke_Master_Mandy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

• I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of ass.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:59 PM

Alright, this is probably going to sound kinda stupid, but I very stronly feel like I was born in the wrong time period. Like I should have been born in a time like the late 1800's or early 1900's. I just don't feel like I belong in 2006. My friends all say that it's stupid to want to be born back then, because all women could do was cook and clean and all that junk, but I really don't mind living a simple life like that. Is it possible that people can be born in the wrong time period? Anybody else feel like this?

It wasn't me! My Body Thetans made me do it!

#2    Freer

Freer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:26 PM

Alright, this is probably going to sound kinda stupid, but I very stronly feel like I was born in the wrong time period. Like I should have been born in a time like the late 1800's or early 1900's. I just don't feel like I belong in 2006. My friends all say that it's stupid to want to be born back then, because all women could do was cook and clean and all that junk, but I really don't mind living a simple life like that. Is it possible that people can be born in the wrong time period? Anybody else feel like this?

Ya, I think I know what you mean, sometimes I feel like I should have been born in Japan during the late 1800's, other times I feel like I should have been born on a space colony 100 or so years in the future.  I guess it's just wanting what we can't have.  It's totally understandable though, especially if you don't like the place/time period you live in now all that much (aka: America+Now=PLEASE take me away hehe)

Edited by Freer, 12 December 2006 - 06:27 PM.

#3    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:32 PM

The past is always portrayed as being better than it was.
It was a hellscape and we are lucky we do not live like that now.

Posted Image

#4    Wolf MacCanine

Wolf MacCanine

The Lunatic Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

• My "Inner Puppy" made me do it.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:41 PM

I feel like I belong back in the early Mediaeval period.

"Reality bites and so do I...so deal with it!"

"Geez...one dyslexic human spells your name wrong and you have to deal with it for eons.It's supposed to be DOG,ya doofus!!"

#5    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:09 PM

It's common to feel like that.  Some will say it's because we romance the past because of how it's portrayed... some will also say it's because our soul had lived back then, and is having a hard time leaving the desire to stay in that time period.

Personaly...  I feel a jumble.  Sometimes I feel like I should have lived in the 60's... sometimes the 1700's... even sometimes back as far as pre christian ireland.

Oy...

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#6    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:19 PM

Just my luck, to be born in pretty much the only period in time where I can't have my own slave. disgust.gif

But it'd be cool to be a Greek, or even Roman.

#7    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:23 PM

I like being clean and not smelling so the 1800's or before would not really work for me(also dying from lack of good medicine would suck too). I would have loved to be in ancient Egypt but only as royalty. Truthfully I wish I had been born around 2100.Right now we are starting to see amazing advances in technology(really for awhile now). Imagine 100 years from now and I would still smell good.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#8    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:23 PM

Just my luck, to be born in pretty much the only period in time where I can't have my own slave. disgust.gif

But it'd be cool to be a Greek, or even Roman.

Actually you can still have a slave *coughs*  X)

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and

#9    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:46 PM

Actually you can still have a slave *coughs*  X)

Mmm maybe, but I'm thinking about without getting 30 years imprisonment for people trafficking and death due to neglegence.

Although Willy Wonka did manage to enslave an entire race...

#10    dantheman2435

dantheman2435

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

• "Wat."

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:29 PM

Sometimes I wish I was born in an earlier time period.

#11    Bebi

Bebi

Psychotic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

• It is those who are perfectly sane who are driven the maddest by an insane world

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:40 PM

Personaly...  I feel a jumble.  Sometimes I feel like I should have lived in the 60's... sometimes the 1700's... even sometimes back as far as pre christian ireland.

I thought that it was only me who felt that lol I was unsure about replying to this topic until I read that, thank you  original.gif

With me it tends to come in phases, I'll go for quite a few years feeling an affinity to a particular era.

Searching for more truth, you learn more about what you didn't know, and realize there is so much more you don't know.   Celumnaz, Dec 2005

A typo is not just for Christmas...  It's for file

#12    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:45 PM

All things are possible with enough chocolate.   yes.gif

Posted Image

#13    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:55 PM

Mmm maybe, but I'm thinking about without getting 30 years imprisonment for people trafficking and death due to neglegence.

Well.. I ment the sex slave.. sub/master type thing.  THough you don't fully "own" the sub.. but if you could find someone willing to be one.. XD

#14    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:12 PM

Well.. I ment the sex slave.. sub/master type thing.  THough you don't fully "own" the sub.. but if you could find someone willing to be one.. XD

Yeah, I know. I tried to dodge around that. The whole idea kinda creeps me out, lmao.

dontgetit.gif

Edited by Raptor X7, 12 December 2006 - 10:14 PM.

#15    Joke_Master_Mandy

Joke_Master_Mandy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

• I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of ass.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:15 PM

Yeah I know we romance it a lot, I watch a lot of old movies. And I know we have a lot more medicine now than we did back then, but I just don't like the way the world is now, just turn on any news channel and look what you see: Terrorists blowing up people, drug addicts running amock, our country being taken over by like 5 different countries. The 1800's had it's share of problems, but it wasn't a madhouse like it is today. If I could be born anytime, anywhere I wanted, it would have to be Victorian era England, like I said, whenever I read books or watch movies that happened in that time period, or when I studied it in history class, I just get this strong feeling like I belong there, not here. Life was just a lot simpler back then, and that's what I really want.

PS: I would still shower! wink2.gif

Edited by Joke_Master_Mandy, 12 December 2006 - 10:17 PM.

It wasn't me! My Body Thetans made me do it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users