Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should we Clone a Human Being?

BurnSide

This will be a formal, 1 vs 1 debate.

We have entered a world of genetics. Science has proven the ability to clone and we are on the very brink of cloning a human being for better or for worse. The question is, do the pros outweigh the cons? Is cloning a human being a good idea?

The first two people to post their interest in this debate will then move into their opening posts. The debate will be made up of one opening post followed by four body posts and one conclusion post for each debater. i will flip a coin to determine who will be debating what side.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or problems.

Good Luck, May the best debater Win!

Edited by BurnSide

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Novo

• daedelus

• BurnSide

• Falco Rex

Thanks for the interest guys.

The results of the coin toss are in:

Daedelus, you will be debating on the grounds that cloning a human being is a GOOD idea and beneficial to mankind.

Student&Alive, you will be against that arguement, debating that it is a BAD idea to clone human beings.

Each debater will post their opening statements, followed by four bodily posts and a closing statement. Good luck to both of you and may the best debater win!

All through history humans, as a species have tried to alter things to make them better. We bred dogs together over and over to try to make the "perfect dog" and in effect this worked. For a few generations, but now almost all dogs have some sort of genetic disorder from this. Essientally cloneing is the same thing, takeing genetic material from someone and then making a child from it is great, we can even control what kind of kid it turns out to be, but come 2 generations down the line theres going to be heart disease and other genetic disorders to plague our species. In another sense cloning a human being is wrong, we kill enough of our people without making copys of them to do the same thing, whos not to say they will not be ensalved by major corporations? I for one would not like to see the guy taking my order at a Fast Food Joint in shackles.

opener:

to clone a human being is a great thing for many resons it shows that we care about our species and many other spiecies including endangerd ones. for this cloning is useful for the creatures of this earth.

also cloning a human to help people with deseases such as cancers will be better for the world.

As I stated above, cloning may sound beneficial to our species but will be our demise should we begin thinking we have the right to play god with our childrens genes, we could create super virus's a hundred times worse than cancer, and wouldnt you rather choose what kind of kid you had than just get a random one?

It would be almost cruel to do so to the child, imagine being born in a world full of einstiens and having a iq of only 100.

true but there is no evidence of humans getting "super diseases" due to cloning these kind of things would be thought of before a clone of a human would be created.

still, cloning embreos to help people with deseases known a stem cell research has been proven to cure a range of illnesses.

true but there is no evidence of humans getting "super diseases" due to cloning these kind of things would be thought of before a clone of a human would be created.

still, cloning embreos to help people with deseases known a stem cell research has been proven to cure a range of illnesses.

Of course there are no cases of humans getting diseases from cloning, the several attempts to actully clone a human being failed terribly, Every time something is cloned it loses certain genes, and slowly becomes more and more unstable, As I have stated in the above two posts cloning is Dangerous and has the potential to wipe out our species, and massivley increase genetic disorders in our children.

research on cloning is getting more advanced every day so when people are cloned they will not have illnesses so the world will be better and the stem cells off the cloned embreoes will help many i as i have alredy said.

so in the end cloning will make the world a better place.

research on cloning is getting more advanced every day so when people are cloned they will not have illnesses so the world will be better and the stem cells off the cloned embreoes will help many i as i have alredy said.

so in the end cloning will make the world a better place.

no, genetic disorders CANNOT be cured the RANDOM genes will be affected every time a clone is made no convential or uncovential medical technology could fix this.

enough said

Recently, one type of technology has become especially important.

Called genetic engineering, it allows individual genes to be manipulated so that faulty or undesirable genes can be cut out and healthy or more desirable genes can be inserted into the DNA of cells. The aim is to repair damaged genes

yet still they can be repaired

Recently, one type of technology has become especially important.

Called genetic engineering, it allows individual genes to be manipulated so that faulty or undesirable genes can be cut out and healthy or more desirable genes can be inserted into the DNA of cells. The aim is to repair damaged genes

yet still they can be repaired

you cannot fix something genetic, we have spent over 80 years trying to fix heart disease (the most common genetic disorder) and we havent cured it, now presume that every human being born gets a completely different version of heart disease, if thats not gloomy enough for you then consider that if we got to the point of cloning and cloning we would evantully run out of genetic material and our species would begin to degrade.

Alright well i think Saruman will agree this debate is dead in the water.

So, we'll pass this one onto our Debate Judges. Thanks for taking part both of you.

This one was actually painful to read; thank goodness it was short..

Debator1: Student&Alive

Relevancy: 8

Countering: 6

Style: 6

Persuasiveness: 5

Total: 25

Debator2: Daedalus

Relavancy: 7

Countering: 5

Style: 3

Persuasiveness:3

Total: 18

The edge goes to S&A for at least putting some effort into it and not using one line posts..

Debator: Student&Alive

Relevancy: 7

Countering: 6

Style: 5

Persuasiveness: 5

Total: 23

Debator: Daedalus

Relavancy: 5

Countering: 4

Style: 3

Persuasiveness:3

Total: 15