Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#196    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 04 February 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

{No problem, I'm a patient lad and I don't think this issue is going anywhere in a hurry!  Hope the meetings are/were worthwhile.  I'm disappearing now too, to retire to bed and rest my aching back. Ouch.  Don't ask :D}

Yes, I do agree with you except that I don't think many, indeed most, of those pushing the ET/UFO angle necessarily believed it at all (and I include those at the very highest decision-making levels) - they just went along with it because it suited their needs perfectly! And there was essentially no risk of being caught in a lie!  They weren't lying - the reports *could* have been aliens!  There was essentially no technology that existed that could prove it either way at the time, and if such technology came to exist later (as it has in some respects, like the airborne radar and visual systems that 'brought down' the Mexican Air Force, so to speak..), then they could simply say - "well they've gone away now - at the time we were working with the best information we had.." and carry on regardless.

I think the UFO=alienz line was pretty much the perfect conspiracy for the 50's thru 70's - it couldn't be disproved (or proven!) then, and as a fleeting airborne phenomena its existence was quite commonplace (of course there are lots of unidentified lights in the skies..) but being fleeting meant it was not available for later re-examination, ie we can't retrospectively use higher resolution photography, better radar equipment and so on.  So it was - and remains - undisputable (in the exact dictionary sense).

It could not have been better for the warmongers.. and everyone else who jumped aboard the bandwagon.

Hey Chrlzs,

I definately think it would be a good thread if you find the time. I have looked at a detailed response but feel it should be on its own thread as there could well be a lot of going back and forth.

I have bolded a part fo your post which is really what needs to be established.

You say you dont think many believed, I guess this is a starting point. I am not convinced that it is all just 'belief' anyway, although I guess a counter to this could well be if that many people 'knew' then the secret would be hard to keep, and if only a few knew then this kind of supports your theory that the rest had other agends and didnt really believe/know but pushed it for other gain as you highlighted in previous post.

#197    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 February 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

Gidday Mate
Exactly, as well as technology and information is superior to what people had to work with in the past.

agreed.

Well I guess my nick comes into play. Chrlz also has good points, in addition to those the human psyche does have a common "spectre" image we fear naturally, the bad man in the dark. As kids this is recognised as the boogeyman. As we get older, we rationalise this fear, sometimes as Bigfoot (often unwarranted fear is mentioned) sometimes as alien.
hmmm.....fear in God? (this may take us nicely into your pondering about Et/God)...and mine

You make a good point though, and I have to agree with both you and Chrilz here, we did have a mindset that we thought Aliens could land any day. We were more gullible, we did believe the stories about Martian Canali. But you are right to, we still do not have weapons pointed at space wary of ET, they are all pointed back at earth - at each other, where the real threat, and concern lies.
  yes good point. With the bolded though, have we ever? (more pondering lol for me)

I would guess shape and the waving, suggesting familiarity. That he mentions "Human" and "Human Being" several times I feel is significant. He seemed quite sure, and that is all we have to work with.
ok yes, will cover this on the other thread.

Everyone starts some place, and that is by asking questions. Even these men had to learn. To be able to not fall into the bottomless pit of woo woo is an accomplishment that I think puts you on this path. Objectivity in a proponent is rare, and IMHO, valuable.
:tu:

Indeed, but these are ones I think everyone agrees on. ET even hits the table as a possible in these cases for near everyone. Personally Teheran I find sounds like Plasma, but it is most definitely a majority case.
I did briefly look into Tehran recently, but luckily for me Dbunker bottled it :gun: (emoticon used  to emphasise fight talk DB :-* )

Pascagoula really hits home for your doesn't it? Is there any one aspect that in particular you find convincing, or just the entire account as a whole?
to be honest mate, yes it really does, I have listened to the interviews and their continued discussion many many times and I have no doubt they had the experience they describe (sorry I mean they believe they had)...I see the only way to explain this in any other way is by plasma enduced hallucination, with a little bit of false memory added during their conversations in the two hours prior to reporting it...this is needed to explain the similarities in descriptions etc....I still spend an hour or two a week looking into this....but nothing exciting to add...yet

Indeed, but if we are to assume he is salt of the earth and would not embellish, then I feel we have no choice but to take his words for their very descriptions. I find the recollection very vanilla, and therefore more valuable than the average interpreted recollection. Is this not second guessing Father Gill?

again if ok with we can cover some of this on other thread.....my brain is on overload at the moment and can just about remember my name :)

#198    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

View Postquillius, on 05 February 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

I did briefly look into Tehran recently, but luckily for me Dbunker bottled it :gun: (emoticon used  to emphasise fight talk DB :-* )

What? :unsure2:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#199    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,446 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

So far theres no best evidence for E.T ! But Thank you Hazzard.

This is a Work in Progress!

#200    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostDBunker, on 05 February 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

What? :unsure2:

I was just teasing

#201    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

View Postquillius, on 06 February 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

I was just teasing

:su

Anyway..... come across any good cases lately... something we can poke at and pick a part?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#202    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostDBunker, on 06 February 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

:su

Anyway..... come across any good cases lately... something we can poke at and pick a part?

yes father Gills case....come join in...and poke away just remember there will be some of us there poking back :alien: :tu:

#203    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postquillius, on 06 February 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

yes father Gills case....come join in...and poke away just remember there will be some of us there poking back :alien: :tu:

Isnt that just another of these stories - believe it or not - type of deals?

#204    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostDBunker, on 06 February 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Isnt that just another of these stories - believe it or not - type of deals?

as opposed to ?

(please dont say scientific evidence)

#205    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Postquillius, on 06 February 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

as opposed to ?

(please dont say scientific evidence)

I hear ya :innocent:  Its just that I was kinda hoping for something that we could "investigate" instead of just argue about the credibillity of so and so?

Edited by DBunker, 06 February 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#206    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostDBunker, on 06 February 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

I hear ya :innocent:  Its just that I was kinda hoping for something that we could "investigate" instead of just argue about the credibillity of so and so?

such as?

#207    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

View Postquillius, on 06 February 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

such as?

Oh I dont know.... We have been kicking the s&%#¤ out of all the old ones, that got us nowhere... So I  guess I was hoping for something new.

#208    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostDBunker, on 06 February 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Oh I dont know.... We have been kicking the s&%#¤ out of all the old ones, that got us nowhere... So I  guess I was hoping for something new.

I guess I am trying to ascertain what you meant by 'investigate'

#209    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

View Postquillius, on 06 February 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

I guess I am trying to ascertain what you meant by 'investigate'

Disect it... you know, just to see if it seems possible. To see if it hold water? But then again, it seems that all we ever get is more of the same ol same.

It always seem to take that imfamous leap of faith. :no:

Maybe UFOology is DEAD.

Edited by DBunker, 06 February 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#210    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,593 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Posted Image

PALM HARBOR PARK -- On January 8, 2013, I was playing basketball around 11 AM, when two pool cleaner’s screamed look. I looked and saw a silver Frisbee object. The one guy said he watched it shoot backwards then hover. They tried to take pictures but their cell phones weren’t working, so I ran to get my camera and took a picture. A second later it disappeared. At first the picture wouldn’t show up but I put the SD card in my computer and it was there. I’ve been scared to come forward because of government and I’ve been having bad headaches and trouble sleeping. I know what we saw was not from this planet. Thanks to MUFON CMS

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users