Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

GMO corn to be highly toxic

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,275 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 17 April 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Oh dear....

No experimental details, nor variety of corn tested, nor at what stage of growth samples were gathered (just after spray?)... Clear sign that De Dell Seed Company is sinking... Last effort to stay afloat...

I just wonder, how many formaldehyde do raw eaters and vegetarians get from fruits and veggies (additional link)? And, oh boy, dried shiitake? Over the rooftop!
Wow.  I'm so so so surprized that you are dismissing this information.  No go pick up your pay check at monsato you corporate schill. :yes:

How do you put someone on ignore?

#17    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,949 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 17 April 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

The FDA is a pupet. A fars to protect big pharm and chemical companies such as Monsonto. The scary part is that they have our government and courts in their pockets. They have become untouchable, it's frightening really.  Even our president is in bed with them. Even with all that they have done he appointed a Monsonto exec to a key roll in the FDA.

In ca there was a bill to label GMOs. It was defeated. The top contributer that basically funded the opposition was you guessed it.... Monsonto.  Why does a chemical company not want us to have the knowledge of what we are eating and are willing to give millions to keep this information from us?

My friends we are no longer a democracy. Our new political system is a corpocracy.
Heh... But when quackery gets renamed to (S)CAM, and later to IM, and made on the same par as science based medicine thats ok, huh? Brilliant!

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#18    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,949 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostOverSword, on 18 April 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Wow.  I'm so so so surprized that you are dismissing this information.  No go pick up your pay check at monsato you corporate schill. :yes:
[...]
I'm dismissing unsupported anecdotes.

BTW, have you even looked at how much formaldehyde (naturally occurring) you get from vegetables and fruits (from organically farmed as well)? And you ok with that, aren't you?

And to scare you further, I'll put quite interesting graph
Posted Image
(link)
Here yea go: organic food causes autism! Try to disprove that!

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#19    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

• Take 'em or leave 'em, believe it or not, where my few threads sit in the dark pages, my accounts were real chills to me!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

My 2 cents worth quickly interjected, so carry on after this note of interest....

I showed this graph and your posted (link) to our genius son who called the White House over the new Farm Bill passed recently. It got the nickname as The Monsanto Protection Act. He said, " You can compare two of anything on a graph. It does not make it relevant." On Twitter I get a truck load of pro and con Tweets and that graph was right out of Oz. Oz meaning MGM's giant castle in 1939 and not Australia!

Talk to the hands of the jindal / egg plant and cotton farming families in India who lost their beloved provider to suicide!

http://www.unexplain...pic=152891&st=0 SCANIA Hit! A BIG bump in the night!

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly! / USA - NC's Interstate-40 East! Annie Wilder author of Trucker Ghost Stories

#20    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

Click on your name link up on the top right of the board ,then click on manage ignore preferences .
;)

Miss me?

#21    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,949 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostMalaria_Kidd, on 18 April 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

My 2 cents worth quickly interjected, so carry on after this note of interest....

I showed this graph and your posted (link) to our genius son who called the White House over the new Farm Bill passed recently. It got the nickname as The Monsanto Protection Act. He said, " You can compare two of anything on a graph. It does not make it relevant." On Twitter I get a truck load of pro and con Tweets and that graph was right out of Oz. Oz meaning MGM's giant castle in 1939 and not Australia!

Talk to the hands of the jindal / egg plant and cotton farming families in India who lost their beloved provider to suicide!
Let me ask you few questions:
1) who is responsible for 13622 farmer suicides in India in 1997 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?
2) who is responsible for 16015 farmer suicides in India in 1998 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?
3) who is responsible for 16082 farmer suicides in India in 1999 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?
4) who is responsible for 16603 farmer suicides in India in 2000 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?

Lets say one car brand prevails in accidents (especially in fatal). Does it means particular car manufacturer is to blame?

#22    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,107 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

So bmk points out the problems in this study and your answer is to come with some vague pick-up-paycheck allegation and then put him on ignore instead of actually addressing the points of critique he raised, points of critique that are very valid.

Wow, that is a desire to remain wilfully ignorant if I ever saw one.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#23    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,716 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Logic would dictate that eating corn engineered to work hand in hand with ample amounts of pesticide = not as healthy as eating regular home grown corn with zero pesticides! It is not rocket science here, no charts are needed to understand this.

Edited by WoIverine, 19 April 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#24    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,670 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

I was a little put off by the study too. They didn't indicate what corn was used- like was it ObsessionII vs Stowells Evergreen, or SV9010SA vs Golden Bantam, or what? GMO vs non-GMO can cover a lot of ground. Heck, the study didn't even mention what companies corn was being used for the GMO, or if the non-GMO was heirloom or hybrid.
It also bothered me that this study had no backup notes, like what was done, how it was done...
And it bothered me that this study was released by a company who's best interests lie in promoting non-GMO and "organicish" methods because that's what they are selling.

I really loathe GMO. But I'm not too thrilled by what Profit Pro put out either.

#25    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,275 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 19 April 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Lets say one car brand prevails in accidents (especially in fatal). Does it means particular car manufacturer is to blame?

According to the other car manufacturers, yes they are.

#26    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,275 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 19 April 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

So bmk points out the problems in this study and your answer is to come with some vague pick-up-paycheck allegation and then put him on ignore instead of actually addressing the points of critique he raised, points of critique that are very valid.

Wow, that is a desire to remain wilfully ignorant if I ever saw one.

Cheers,
Badeskov
Go read his other posts on this subject and the only conclusion you can come up with is he is an employee of monsato.  What you saw in my post was the frustration of someone tired of listening to monsatos PR spokesman.  Take that stupid graph linking organic food to autism :innocent: If that were true then everyone since the begining of civilization up to the 1950's would have been autistic.  I swear, if that guys paycheck doesn't have mosato chemical company printed across the top of it I'll eat my hat.

#27    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

• Take 'em or leave 'em, believe it or not, where my few threads sit in the dark pages, my accounts were real chills to me!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 19 April 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Let me ask you few questions:
1) who is responsible for 13622 farmer suicides in India in 1997 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?
2) who is responsible for 16015 farmer suicides in India in 1998 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?
3) who is responsible for 16082 farmer suicides in India in 1999 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?
4) who is responsible for 16603 farmer suicides in India in 2000 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?

You should add the word Jindal-egg plant and the whole country of India was going to sue the socks off of Monsanto for stealing Jindal and planning to morph it into something to their liking. When is the court date in Delhi? So was it true many farmers in India drank pesticides and herbicides as reported over and over again? Your stats as 1 through 4 were never seen before. Those are very low numbers when it's over 200,000 suicides any where you find the sad news from India.

Agent Orange in Vietnam: Two share the blame, the U.S. gov and Munsanto, (who had warning "labels" on the AO containers) and neither one cares! Let's blame the manufacturer and the pilot's higher officers who "ordered" them to spray a known hazardous material untested on humans. Sounds a bit like GMO corn flakes carrying Bt in the corn kernel's new gene! Untested on  human guinea pigs, the always hungry consumers!

Jump on in Hilander the corn is popping!

http://www.unexplain...pic=152891&st=0 SCANIA Hit! A BIG bump in the night!

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly! / USA - NC's Interstate-40 East! Annie Wilder author of Trucker Ghost Stories

#28    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,949 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 19 April 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Logic would dictate that eating corn engineered to work hand in hand with ample amounts of pesticide = not as healthy as eating regular home grown corn with zero pesticides! It is not rocket science here, no charts are needed to understand this.
Pesticide? Or herbicide? And pesticides/herbicides (even more vicious) were in use long before GM.

#29    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,949 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostOverSword, on 19 April 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

According to the other car manufacturers, yes they are.
Say what?!!! In your own logic everything can be bad upon rival's say. Wow... You beat... ah,,, forget it...

#30    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,949 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostMalaria_Kidd, on 19 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

You should add the word Jindal-egg plant and the whole country of India was going to sue the socks off of Monsanto for stealing Jindal and planning to morph it into something to their liking. When is the court date in Delhi? [...]
Don't know. Can you enlighten me?

[...] Those are very low numbers when it's over 200,000 suicides any where you find the sad news from India.
[...]
Ok, here is suicide statistics In India (kinda differs from this report). Please point where is the surge in suicides.
BTW, you may find aforementioned report quite useful.

[...]
Agent Orange in Vietnam: Two share the blame, the U.S. gov and Munsanto, (who had warning "labels" on the AO containers) and neither one cares! Let's blame the manufacturer and the pilot's higher officers who "ordered" them to spray a known hazardous material untested on humans. Sounds a bit like GMO corn flakes carrying Bt in the corn kernel's new gene! Untested on  human guinea pigs, the always hungry consumers!

Jump on in Hilander the corn is popping!
As we learn, we become wiser. But you always can come back to the Mother Nature (still there are areas) just leave everything behind: no iron tools (no animal in nature use those), no matches/lighters/sticks grinding (no animal in nature use those) just wait for lightening strike to cook whatever you find (or you can it eat raw), no building cabins, unless you are using fallen branches, and so on, and so on, etc, etc, etc. And no freaking poisoned arrows - no animal in nature use those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users