Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mob in Pakistan kills man accused of burning

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) — A mob in southern Pakistan stormed a police station to seize a mentally unstable Muslim man accused of burning a copy of Islam's holy book, beat him to death, and then set his body afire, police said Saturday.
The case is likely to raise further concerns about the country's harsh blasphemy laws, which can result in a death sentence or life in prison to anyone found guilty. Critics say an accusation or investigation alone can lead to deaths, as people take the law into their own hands and kill those accused of violating it. Police stations and even courts have been attacked by mobs.

http://news.yahoo.co...-074301668.html

------

Barbarians....

Drunk with blood..
Dangerous cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#2    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,800 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

The 'Religion of Peace' in the news again, I see.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#3    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I personally think they enjoy killing and find any excuse to do so.

#4    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,057 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

View Postminera, on 22 December 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

I personally think they enjoy killing and find any excuse to do so.

Exactly..  But nothing ticks them off like a narcissistic injury errr blasphemy.

Drunk with blood..
Dangerous cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#5    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,608 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

We can cah and ooh all we want but as outsiders to their culture it is up to them to understand why they do this and how to change it.

It is unacceptable, surely, but outsiders being critical or wanting to step in and force change is equally if not moreso unacceptable.

We as a society did and continue to do disgusting things but we are maturing at our own pace. All societies should be benefited this.

As outsiders one can try their best to understand and change it but that doesn't happen by solely being critical.

Saying endless bad things about people who are different is not very sophisticated.

Not sophisticated because no matter how much negative energy is spent focused on Muslims those being hypercritical still do not truly understand them.

They understand enough to make a crude judgment they feel is solid, the same as the person over there who believes they understand enough to kill someone based on a rumor of burning a book, they feel solid too in their decision. Thing is both of these types are the same in my book, no, you don't have to personally burn someone, I am sure so many people over there never burnt anyone, but it is their ugly ideas of being cruel to those who are different that allows those who do burn others to get away with it and keep doing it. These type of ugly ideas have no place in my society.

Disclaimer: No one in this thread yet has expressed any ideas I would consider ugly. My comments are said in general based on how these type of topics usually end: with a little mob of our own and those who can contribute nothing except to insult Muslims.

Edited by I believe you, 22 December 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#6    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,800 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostI believe you, on 22 December 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

We can cah and ooh all we want but as outsiders to their culture it is up to them to understand why they do this and how to change it.

It is unacceptable, surely, but outsiders being critical or wanting to step in and force change is equally if not moreso unacceptable.

We as a society did and continue to do disgusting things but we are maturing at our own pace. All societies should be benefited this.

As outsiders one can try their best to understand and change it but that doesn't happen by solely being critical.

Saying endless bad things about people who are different is not very sophisticated.

Disclaimer: No one in this thread yet has expressed any ideas I would consider ugly. My comments are said in general based on how these type of topics usually end: with a little mob of our own and those who can contribute nothing except to insult Muslims.

I take as I find!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#7    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,057 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

A mob of 200 people brutally killing someone and burning their body isn't very sophisticated.

Drunk with blood..
Dangerous cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#8    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,608 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostHavocWing, on 22 December 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

A mob of 200 people brutally killing someone and burning their body isn't very sophisticated.

I agree.

#9    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,629 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Murder is murder no matter how you look at it.  Paper and ink that is all it is, nothing more. You can print more. If I was going to burn a book it would be the first one on the fire, follow by the other two.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#10    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,608 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 22 December 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Murder is murder no matter how you look at it.  Paper and ink that is all it is, nothing more. You can print more. If I was going to burn a book it would be the first one on the fire, follow by the other two.

It can be seen like this: some of them disrespect us, some of us disrespect them, neither of that is going to help. Your view on what they hold holy is not promotive of reciprocity and just adds more fuel to the fire. Change for the better will happen regardless.

#11    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,629 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostI believe you, on 22 December 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

It can be seen like this: some of them disrespect us, some of us disrespect them, neither of that is going to help. Your view on what they hold holy is not promotive of reciprocity and just adds more fuel to the fire. Change for the better will happen regardless.

I am a child of nature, it is my religion, I see it destroyed and burned everyday. I don't murder anyone over it. I have no respect for someone who would murder another over a book. No respect for them or their religion. Don't like it, then stop murdering people over BS.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#12    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,608 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 22 December 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

I am a child of nature, it is my religion, I see it destroyed and burned everyday. I don't murder anyone over it. I have no respect for someone who would murder another over a book. No respect for them or their religion. Don't like it, then stop murdering people over BS.

Murderers do not live in a vacuum but are fueled by the hate of ordinary people who themselves claim to have never killed anyone.

What is there to like about either party?

Edited by I believe you, 22 December 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,794 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

OUTSIDERS? they are trying to enforce their sharia laws around the world, how can we be classed as outsiders when they are bringing on our doorsteps?

There are people out there trying to help the women who have been oppressed in these countries, women who are forced to wear what the man tells them, then here in England we have young muslim girls wearing those clothes as a fashion statement! what sort of respect is that to those who are made to wear it? The young girls do not wear it here because of their love of islam, they are wearing them because they are sticking 2 fingers up to the west!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#14    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,608 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 22 December 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

OUTSIDERS? they are trying to enforce their sharia laws around the world, how can we be classed as outsiders when they are bringing on our doorsteps?

There are people out there trying to help the women who have been oppressed in these countries, women who are forced to wear what the man tells them, then here in England we have young muslim girls wearing those clothes as a fashion statement! what sort of respect is that to those who are made to wear it? The young girls do not wear it here because of their love of islam, they are wearing them because they are sticking 2 fingers up to the west!

If these people spend more time hating and attacking the men of Islam instead of helping the women of Islam then I am not buying it.

#15    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

That just seems like doublespeak.

People have been murdering in the name of their Gods for ages.  They don't deserve more time to 'come to grips' with their own religion.  It's wrong, and we should call it out when we see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users