Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Nurse who put Aussie prank call thru,dead

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#166    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 12 December 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

I searched and there were two threads in 2007.  I didn't think it was that long ago....I'm getting old. Lol

Blimey, it was 5 years ago.. I searched through the thread Still Waters posted, and thought to myself - BM I sure hope you haven't posted in this thread, otherwise your memory is shot to bits  lol

I have seen me do this a few times.. I read the title of a thread, think wow this is bizarre, and scroll through it, only to find I had already posted in it, and some of them were only a few months old..Maybe my memory is going :wacko:

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#167    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 12 December 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

"Nurse at Duchess of Cambridge's hospital was found hanged"

http://www.telegraph...und-hanged.html

Thanks for the update.... so very sad.  

One tiny pebble caused a tsunami.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#168    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Found hanged?  That's horrible!

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#169    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,746 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 12 December 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

No, no pre-existing idiosyncratic response there.  It is a matter of the body not being able to flush the toxins out.  We learned this in biology in highschhol here in BC.  Also, a nurse called into the show to warn them that it was dangerous and someone could severly sick or die.  So, yeah, they were liable.

I apologise for nitpicking, but it’s not the body being unable to flush the toxins out because of extreme water intake, it’s the body flushing minerals out at too fast rate. Just because your potassium is technically still inside your body, if it sits in your bladder, it’s useless. And without potassium, to start with, nerves can’t transmit impulses and your muscular contractions cannot be performed. Since heart is the muscle, you’re dead.
One of the reasons why diuretics (unless prescribed by professional for actual conditions) or drastic “water diets” are dangerous.
Sadly, the woman who died could take all that water without throwing up, which is something most of us would naturally and unstoppably do, then give the damn contest up and - live.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#170    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I wonder why it didn't say she was found hanged before now?  Unless I missed it days ago?  It's just, previous news reports called her death - Unexplained, so found hanged is not what I would say is unexplained?

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 December 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#171    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,084 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 December 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I wonder why it didn't say she was found hanged before now?  Unless I missed it days ago?  It's just, previous news reports called her death - Unexplained, so found hanged is not what I would say is unexplained?
I hadn't seen anything about her being found hanged either, but it seems to be headline news today. I'm wondering if the unexplained part is because there's some doubt that she did take her own life although everything so far seems to suggest she did. However I think we'll find out more after the post-mortem.

"A post-mortem examination on her body to determine the cause of death has been carried out by a Home Office pathologist and the results are expected to be published at the beginning of the inquest into her death on Thursday."

Posted Image

#172    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 12 December 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

I hadn't seen anything about her being found hanged either, but it seems to be headline news today. I'm wondering if the unexplained part is because there's some doubt that she did take her own life although everything so far seems to suggest she did.

Yes I see what you mean, but still,  it would have at least stated she was found hanged, but I didn't read that beforehand,    If I know the media, it would have read - Nurse found hanged following DJ prank, suicide note found... But it didn't, not even the more non reliable news rags bothered.....It's weird !

I think we'll find out more after the post-mortem.            

Tomorrow will shed more light, I agree

#173    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

View Posthatecraft, on 07 December 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

She got what she wanted.  No one else is to blame.

I agree.

A nromal person woudlnt top themselves because of something like this. It may have been the final trigger but there will be a history of mental health problems with the nurse even if she wasnt receiving help for them.

The two presenters have nothing to feel guilty about. The nurse had that look about her too which says shes mental.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 12 December 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#174    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 December 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

Blimey, it was 5 years ago.. I searched through the thread Still Waters posted, and thought to myself - BM I sure hope you haven't posted in this thread, otherwise your memory is shot to bits  lol

I have seen me do this a few times.. I read the title of a thread, think wow this is bizarre, and scroll through it, only to find I had already posted in it, and some of them were only a few months old..Maybe my memory is going :wacko:
I know the feeling!  LOL

#175    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 12 December 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

I know the feeling!  LOL

I poke fun at myself for it too :P

#176    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 December 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

I poke fun at myself for it too :P

Well, gotta laugh or sometimes we cry.  Or sometimes laugh as we cry... :unsure2:

#177    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 12 December 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Well, gotta laugh or sometimes we cry.  Or sometimes laugh as we cry... :unsure2:

It's a bit like that in my house from time to time  lol

#178    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,179 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 12 December 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

I've mentioned that same thing.  She gave out the information, did she assume since the call was forwarded that the person forwarding it had verified it was the Queen? Personally, I think their higher ups threw them under the bus.  Permission wasn't given by the hospital or the nurses because the radio station did not get through to the hospital ( kinda fishy there too).  The station had a press release saying they hadn't done anything wrong...passing the buck.

Indeed, there is more to this than meets the eye. It seems the DJ's are a scapegoat, the connection seems fairly tenuous to be frank.

ETA I love you nick, it's not only heartwarming, it's a great RL Burnside song. ;) (almost)

View PostlibstaK, on 12 December 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

That's pretty spot on - the potential is now that it could cost 3 lives.  As I have said somewhere earlier also - this would not have gone "viral" if the U.K. press had not taken an interest, it should have just been a local spot on a radio station.  Where are all the stations and news groups that made this such a huge deal?  Why was it so wrong for the DJs to pull the prank but not the rest of the world to play it over and over again making it an international event?

That is a really good point. Easy to point the finger, but Australia seems to be copping a bit of that lately.

Edited by psyche101, 13 December 2012 - 07:18 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#179    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,179 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 December 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

Considering its from years ago,I've never even heard of it,I assume you googled until you found some case of soommmeeething ,so best guess,you already know the answer.

You assume incorrectly. Although I do admit I was surprised that it has already been 5 years, I thought it was more like 2. It even made radio news down here. But not harassing the DJ's, just illustrating the tragedy. And that it was too.

It's also a completely different scenario ,which is much like the guy that ate cockroaches in a CONTEST ,and died .
Every contestant probably gave written legal release to be in the contest ,and I'm not even sure if it was broadcast ,but alll the contestants would know they were on the air .

Yes, it is a different scenario, it is worse IMHO. But did the DJ's cop any flak like the Aussie ones are? All these people had to do was read up. I do not now if you have clicked on the thread here at UM, but if you do, you will see many people say they thought it was common knowledge. I thought so as well.
Who cares if they knew they were going to be on the air, this poor mum, like yourself did not know about water toxicity. The contest organisers did not bother to look up heavy water consumption when they came up with the idea. That is negligence. Resulting in death.

Everyone sues when someone dies ,and I've never heard of water toxicity ,which means she had some pre existing idiosyncratic response .
But people do stupid things to win junk so ....

Well, these DJ's did not cop half the flak these two Aussies are, and they do not deserve bloody death threats. That is just plain crazy. People who go that far need to see a doctor.

And now you know about water toxicity, and that it is not idiosyncratic. Anyone on this board can suffer the same. Combined ignorance cost a life. And people deride skeptics! Gracious!

View PostStill Waters, on 12 December 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

:tu:

Indeed it is. Thank you.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#180    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,179 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 12 December 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

I apologise for nitpicking, but it’s not the body being unable to flush the toxins out because of extreme water intake, it’s the body flushing minerals out at too fast rate. Just because your potassium is technically still inside your body, if it sits in your bladder, it’s useless. And without potassium, to start with, nerves can’t transmit impulses and your muscular contractions cannot be performed. Since heart is the muscle, you’re dead.
One of the reasons why diuretics (unless prescribed by professional for actual conditions) or drastic “water diets” are dangerous.
Sadly, the woman who died could take all that water without throwing up, which is something most of us would naturally and unstoppably do, then give the damn contest up and - live.

Please keep it up. Nitpicking might have saved that Mums life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users