Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Artist paints with his own blood

Still Waters

Art often confronts questions of life, death and the human condition.

Now one introspective painter has delved even further into existential themes.

He creates each of his works entirely from his own blood.

The tattooed 30-year-old describes his figures as being painted with 'what could be described as "liquid flesh"'.

http://www.dailymail...ints-BLOOD.html

OK. That is a strange as hell. Real freak there for sure.

a man who paints pictures badly with his blood is mad? a man who paints pictures with his blood well an eccentric?

• Like 1

Well, I guess it's one step more acceptable than the guy who 'paints' with his own faeces :hmm: . The drawings are pretty good.

Well, I guess it's one step more acceptable than the guy who 'paints' with his own faeces :hmm: . The drawings are pretty good.

There's a guy who does that now?

There's a guy who does that now?

I might be misleading you. It was quite a few years ago when I saw him on the news.

No question he's talented but the 'reasoning' behind putting his on blood into his art? Good grief.

edited to say: KISS already did this back in the 70's with a comic.

Edited by coldethyl

I might be misleading you. It was quite a few years ago when I saw him on the news.

I think Lennie Lee did; did Gilbert and George do something similar too?

I think Lennie Lee did; did Gilbert and George do something similar too?

Gilbert & George did poo-art?!!!!!! Surely not?

Not the best idea in the world , blood doesn't last all that long when its used as a " ink " or " Paint " , not compared to some good old artist paint .

TiP.

That is kind of creepy but poo-paintings that's nasty.

I will be the first person to paint with spit, and if you say you can't see it, you insult my art!

To be honest, I just don't get art nowadays. His art's good, sure, but it's nothing special, the only thing that makes it special is the medium he uses. Whoopdeedo.

That's better than the one that uses poo . Remember the KISS comic ? The huge deal about that was,the band all had vials of their bloods drawn,and it was dumped into the red ink used in printing. Then they could say,it was printed with their blood .

Amazing artist...but blood?. Give's me shiver's just thinking how he took the blood out *hates needles* :(

Gilbert & George did poo-art?!!!!!! Surely not?

I thought the bodily fluids in their Naked **** Pictures were real... It's a bit icky to think about!

a man who paints pictures badly with his blood is mad? a man who paints pictures with his blood well an eccentric?

Well I take it you mean badly as in scrawl? A madman is not in control of his actions and just does so. Whereas this guy can obviously paint quite well. I would definitely classify him as eccentric.

I thought the bodily fluids in their Naked **** Pictures were real... It's a bit icky to think about!

*flatly refuses to think about it*

• Like 1