Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's the very best UFO case in the world?

Flibbertigibbet

The most famous one being Roswell, but it certainly isn't the best. Or rather, if it is, then the others must be really, really weak. Roswell was a bunch of rubbish from a balloon and a made up story about alien bodies, with no verification at all.

In the UK almost as famous as Roswell, I guess, is Rendlesham Forest. But that was obviously the lighthouse. There's also the Berwyn Mountains one but that turns out to have been poachers with lights.

Are there any actual good cases at all, anywhere?

Hard to say in this day and age, with all the hoaxers, liers and the human mind beeing what it is, missidentifications, etc...

Personally I like the 1976 Tehran UFO incident.

Some researchers consider it strong evidence for the extraterrestrial origins of the UFO because there was a blackout on the F-4 just when it was going to fire and because of instrumental breakdowns on two different aircraft while they were on the chase. A military spy satellite also recorded this incident. The DSP-1 satellite detected an infrared anomaly during the time of this event that lasted for about an hour.

Radar detection, two F-4s going crazy, and a DSP detection of the whole thing. Nothing I would call scientific hard evidence that ET is visiting Earth, but it is one of those unexplained mysteries that we all (skeptics and believers) think about, and what keeps UFOology alive.

Its the what if,...? :)

Edited by Hazzard

I like the Brazilian UFO incident where "burns" appeared on the townspeople, and the small plane where it crashed into a UFO, The Mexican air force was found dead when the Americans came.

I'd go with Hazz's already mentioned case, although JAL1628 encounter may fit the bill (which IMHO was caused by natural phenomena plus subjective recounts by crew members) as well.

The most famous one being Roswell, but it certainly isn't the best. Or rather, if it is, then the others must be really, really weak. Roswell was a bunch of rubbish from a balloon and a made up story about alien bodies, with no verification at all.

In the UK almost as famous as Roswell, I guess, is Rendlesham Forest. But that was obviously the lighthouse. There's also the Berwyn Mountains one but that turns out to have been poachers with lights.

How can you state such rubbish (highlited text above)

it is a well known fact that all lighthouses that are based on the mainland within the UK, have the landward side of the lighthouse light blacked out. Only the seaward side shows any light.. Therefore the Rendlesham Forest incident could not possibly be attributed to the lighthouse.

Had you done any research at all you would have known this. :)

it is a well known fact that all lighthouses that are based on the mainland within the UK, have the landward side of the lighthouse light blacked out. Only the seaward side shows any light.. Therefore the Rendlesham Forest incident could not possibly be attributed to the lighthouse.

As far as I remember, one member, familiar with Rendlesham area, here on UM said otherwise - lighthouse light could be visible from the place eyewitnesses saw UFO. Edited by bmk1245

Mate, there is no rubbish in that statement.

Give this a good healthy read. And watch this:

Cheers. :tu:

When it comes to truly perplexing UFO incidents, I'd have to agree with Hazard about the Tehran incident, the Colares case from Brazil is also an extremely freaky one.

Plenty and I urge you to look into the subject, cases like the Edwards Air Force base incident, the Shag Harbour incident, the Coyne incident, the Bariloche incident, the Minot Air Force base incident, the Little Rissington incident and the Portage county incident are well worth a look - testimony in the Gosford case, the Red Bluff case, the Tocopilla case, the Boulmer case and the Lake Erie Coastguard case is also pretty compelling but there are many, many others out there.

Might take a look at the 1966 Westall High School incident. I've always found this one to be among the top, though I've decidedly avoiding investigating it in depth because most other cases that I looked into enough just didn't seem to withstand scrutiny.

http://www.latest-ufo-sightings.net/2010/06/famous-ufo-cases-1966-ufo-incident-at.html

I guess I'm holding out hope that this might have been the real deal.

:sigh:

Georgina Bruni states that when she went and had a look for herself she could clearly see the lighthouse light from the forest, and she didn't even believe it was the explanation.

Mate, there is no rubbish in that statement.

Give this a good healthy read. And watch this:

Cheers. :tu:

Hi Boony

I have read the link but have not got time to watch the video this evening.

I cannot see anything in the link other than one sentence refering to possible light from the lighthouse.

The lighthouse in question, which is situated a couple of ,miles from where the incident allegedly occured, has the landward side of the light window blacked out. It has always been blacked out. Only seaward light is seen. :)

As far as I remember, one member, familiar with Rendlesham area, here on UM said otherwise - lighthouse light could be visible from the place eyewitnesses saw UFO.

If this is the case, as one other poster has also mentioned, then I stand to be corrected and will happily apologise to the OP. But the reason mainland lighthouses are blacked out on the landward side are obvious. To stop light polution and annoyance to nearby residents. :)

Hi Boony

I cannot see anything in the link other than one sentence refering to possible light from the lighthouse.

The lighthouse in question, which is situated a couple of ,miles from where the incident allegedly occured, has the landward side of the light window blacked out. It has always been blacked out. Only seaward light is seen. :)

Apologies for being unclear. When I suggested giving it a good healthy read I didn't mean to just read the one page, but to fully investigate the whole body of evidence provided on Ian's site. That link was merely the home page with many other pages that go into excruciating detail regarding this case. For example, here is a link to the first page specifically discussing the lighthouse. There are many other links within that first page to other source materials relevant to the discussion, and there is a second page which likewise has additional links.

Cheers.

I must say that you are highly unlikely to get to the truth about these matters with such a fierce dismissive nature. During the Rendlesham Forest incident one US military guy allegedly touched one of the small craft and sketched the symbols etched on it. He felt the heat from the craft and his testimony was supported by colleagues; why would they lie? How seriously have you investigated this case?

• Like 1

Apologies for being unclear. When I suggested giving it a good healthy read I didn't mean to just read the one page, but to fully investigate the whole body of evidence provided on Ian's site. That link was merely the home page with many other pages that go into excruciating detail regarding this case. For example, here is a link to the first page specifically discussing the lighthouse. There are many other links within that first page to other source materials relevant to the discussion, and there is a second page which likewise has additional links.

Cheers.

Ok,...Thanks Boony, will dig deeper into it tomoz when I have time.

In the meantime, nighty night all. 'tis bedtime here :)

If this is the case, as one other poster has also mentioned, then I stand to be corrected and will happily apologise to the OP. But the reason mainland lighthouses are blacked out on the landward side are obvious. To stop light polution and annoyance to nearby residents. :)

While you are correct in blacking out the lights, there are things called reflection/scattering: light from the actual source gets reflected from the glass around the source. You are a little bit into photography, you should be familiar with that (no pun intended, not to mention that I really enjoy photos you post on UM).

I must say that you are highly unlikely to get to the truth about these matters with such a fierce dismissive nature. During the Rendlesham Forest incident one US military guy allegedly touched one of the small craft and sketched the symbols etched on it. He felt the heat from the craft and his testimony was supported by colleagues; why would they lie? How seriously have you investigated this case?

Of course this little detail didn't come out until years later (after hypnosis, or as I like to refer to it... memory implantation...) and wasn't corroborated by his companion. Oh drat. Serious investigation indeed.

Ok,...Thanks Boony, will dig deeper into it tomoz when I have time.

In the meantime, nighty night all. 'tis bedtime here :)

Sounds good mate. Have a good sleep and don't get abducted! :D

It seems he was in an altered state of consciousness. In other words, it was a hallucination or vision of some sort.

I must say that you are highly unlikely to get to the truth about these matters with such a fierce dismissive nature.

To be fair, you're not going to get the truth about these cases, period. You could take just about any ufo case you like and find some earthly cause to it, simply because there is always something earthly going on. Meteor shower, plane, star, lighthouse, military toy, atmospheric phenomena, man with a torch, kamikaze hang glider doing the loop to loop..take your pick, you'll always find something....or you can think that people make excellent machines for recording data when faced with a perplexing situation, and choose that side of the fence.....it all depends what you're looking for!

In answer to the OP though...If you're just interested in the cases, without the need to attribute something to something that has insufficient evidence either way, then pretty much any thread by Karl12 is a great case...

Hi Boony

Sorry, you need to do some research on this one; this subject has been discussed a few times here on various Rendlesham threads. Orford Ness lighthouse has a light-shield, but on a bearing of 302 degs; with the 'notches' in the shield, only 30 degs are fully blanked off - ie from 287 degs thru to 317 degs.

Woodbridge's East Gate is 9km (not "a couple of miles") from the lighthouse on a bearing of 272 degs, the sweeping of the beam was/is viible from East Gate, the direct light was/is visible from the forest down to, and from, Capel Green.

A photo of the lighthouse is in this East Anglian Daily Times article, the light-shield is aligned with the track in the background - Googlemaps will confirm its direction.

Edited by Oppono Astos

I think everyone will agree the best UFO case will be the One where theres actually a Physical UFO to inspect ,maybe ride in Meet the real occupants,Start a dialog with said Aliens,and learn how they got past what we are today.

That is without blasting everything thats in front of us we dont like ,and such.

Now thats the BEST UFO ever ! Afterall then it will become for evermore a E.T. race of creatures and then a Known E.T Craft .

Simple isnt it ?

Hard to say in this day and age, with all the hoaxers, liers and the human mind beeing what it is, missidentifications, etc...

Personally I like the 1976 Tehran UFO incident.

Some researchers consider it strong evidence for the extraterrestrial origins of the UFO because there was a blackout on the F-4 just when it was going to fire and because of instrumental breakdowns on two different aircraft while they were on the chase. A military spy satellite also recorded this incident. The DSP-1 satellite detected an infrared anomaly during the time of this event that lasted for about an hour.

Radar detection, two F-4s going crazy, and a DSP detection of the whole thing. Nothing I would call scientific hard evidence that ET is visiting Earth, but it is one of those unexplained mysteries that we all (skeptics and believers) think about, and what keeps UFOology alive.

Its the what if,...? :)

Agree. I would probably look more to the historical stories before there were cameras. So many stories have been faked since the camera's invention that its gotten way out of hand. Naturally there were plenty of liars since man walked the earth but in this day and age, its easier to discern ancient fairy tales from a more likely story in regards to unusual things in the sky or crash landings of sorts.

Personally, i think if any of the sort was real regarding Aliens, then it would be either blatantly obvious and impossible to cover up or completely invisable to us. You don't just go to another planet and interfere unless its a necessity. instead you would watch with your advanced technology without letting anyone being able to detect your observation. Failure to do so is extremely risky for you and the planet's inhabitants.

I think everyone will agree the best UFO case will be the One where theres actually a Physical UFO to inspect ,maybe ride in Meet the real occupants,Start a dialog with said Aliens,and learn how they got past what we are today.

That is without blasting everything thats in front of us we dont like ,and such.

Now thats the BEST UFO ever ! Afterall then it will become for evermore a E.T. race of creatures and then a Known E.T Craft .

Simple isnt it ?

Which case is that?

Personally, i think if any of the sort was real regarding Aliens, then it would be either blatantly obvious and impossible to cover up or completely invisable to us. You don't just go to another planet and interfere unless its a necessity. instead you would watch with your advanced technology without letting anyone being able to detect your observation. Failure to do so is extremely risky for you and the planet's inhabitants.

In an improbable way, you're assuming only one race of aliens is visiting the world. If all the evidence over the course of history is correct, then we are being visited by a great many different craft, using different technologies, and in some cases, being piloted by very different beings. We should not expect them all to behave the same way, nor maintain human protocols.