Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof Positve, Ghost Hunters, Mysterious Encounter

jell0

What does everyone think of all of these new TV shows that have really proven nothing with all the air time, money, technology thrown at them. I want to think that they would have at least been able to show something pretty indisputable by now

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosemary Campbell

• the14u2cee

• Radian

• seeking

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well proof positive in my opinion does a pretty good job at what the program is about, it takes 3 cases and examines the evidence, after finding the results the reveal to you that only one of the cases could not be explained, that program is not trying to prove anything exists its just showing the viewer some of the mysteries there are in our world and how bizzare some of them actually are

as for ghost hunters, they are not trying to prove anything either, there methodology is trying to disprove hauntings and they do a very good job at that, there is some footage that they have caught which is unexplained i.e. the shroded figure in that tunnel, the chair moving, and most nerve racking when one of there members got knocked to the floor( you can see in the footage his equipment bag lifted up and hiting him in the face, there was no way he could have done it as both hands were in view on the footage)

i have never seen mysterious encounters, when does it air and what station?

I like proof positive.. however, Ghost Hunters sucks... I just attended a paranormal meeting and one of the "ghost hunters" adventures was to a local home.. one of the friend's of the home owners was at this meeting and pointed out the disturbing way these jack asses went through the home owners personal stuff.. they got all loopy over a freakin' pentagram on a jewelry box... quite appalling if you ask me... they aren't true ghost hunters, they are only in it for the fame and the money... they truly suck.. and I hope they read this...

actually they have been doing this for a lot longer than the series, my brothers teacher is actually friends with one of the women on the show and i can tell you they do not do it for the money or fame, they have a genuine interest in the subject, also in that episode all they did was observe a box with a pentagram that was in sight, they did not open any drawers or anything to get it, it was ontop of a dresser and they happened to see it

they got all loopy over a freakin' pentagram on a jewelry box

To me, this would be the same approach as coming across an ouija board in the room...if there are spirits in a house, you have to wonder if the person brought the spirits in on their own, and i think they had every right to question it. And by the way, they couldn't clean up the room a little?? I mean, it's where "most of the activity was," and they knew they were going to be on tv...why would they want people to know they're slobs??

Edited by ironjennyrackham

yea i thought that was pretty weird too, i would not have my house on tv looking like that

. And by the way, they couldn't clean up the room a little?? I mean, it's where "most of the activity was," and they knew they were going to be on tv...why would they want people to know they're slobs??

403350[/snapback]

I agree. Any of the rustlings these people heard in that room were probably rats making nests in the piles of junk. I would be awfully embarassed to be putting my house on display to the TV viewing public that way.

• 1 year later...

I totally agree with you on ghost hunters show. This has got to be one of t he most downgrading shows toward REAL and SERIOUS paranormal teams out there. Jason puts down other teams and investigators on their show and alll he does is bicker at them. His ego is bigger than that gut of his. The show would be better without him.

The show has become a circus act and needs to be dismissed. TAPS has people from other teams on their site to make themselves look bigger than they are.

In all actuallity, they are not better than any other team out there. One thing that hurts them are their ethics. You do not put down others to make yourself look like you are on top. They use information from other teams when they investigate, but do not give credit where it is due.

well proof positive in my opinion does a pretty good job at what the program is about, it takes 3 cases and examines the evidence, after finding the results the reveal to you that only one of the cases could not be explained, that program is not trying to prove anything exists its just showing the viewer some of the mysteries there are in our world and how bizzare some of them actually are

as for ghost hunters, they are not trying to prove anything either, there methodology is trying to disprove hauntings and they do a very good job at that, there is some footage that they have caught which is unexplained i.e. the shroded figure in that tunnel, the chair moving, and most nerve racking when one of there members got knocked to the floor( you can see in the footage his equipment bag lifted up and hiting him in the face, there was no way he could have done it as both hands were in view on the footage)

Edited by OhSoMe

I happen to enjoy the show, jason does get a bit edgy at times but that's why i like it because they are real, brian keeps screwing up, and he got booted, then they let him back, its a comical show that deals with the paranormal, a bunch of regular guys and gals trying to help people who don't know where to turn.

I believe they do a pretty good job at debunking most of there cases, and who better to help with unwanted guest's the a couple of p :tu: lumbers.

Why don't all the ghost hunting groups come together (not make one big group) to make a website where their videos, photos, stories, and footage can be shown. So you won't have random people posting videos, but a select few.

Why don't all the ghost hunting groups come together (not make one big group) to make a website where their videos, photos, stories, and footage can be shown. So you won't have random people posting videos, but a select few.

That's a good idea. If they can be sensible, they can also discuss all the evidences and info they find. lol Hard work getting them altogether tho lol, plus you don't want them to see things in a similar way.

any shows relying on psychics to fill their air time are pretty bad in my opinion, not familiar with some of the shows discussed as im in the uk, but taps is quite good from a sceptic point of view, because they go out their way to try to show anything captured as non paranormal before admitting its unexplained instead of the other way round for most others.

Proof positive...that's the one hosted by amanda tapping right? theres paranormal stuff being talked about there? wow...all i ever was concerned with was amanda tapping...mmm...seriously though, i wouldn't mind a show coming up with massive major breaking news re ghosts/paranormal...though if they did, wouldn't their results be on an official news program, which shows breaking news?

I like Proof Positive, it give us the most updated info around.

my favorite is...A Haunting

post-30887-1145082185.gif

I just wrote a very long post which I thought was quite informative but then I lost my Connection and lost the Post so I guess I have to think that something in the Spirit World didn't like what was written and caused it to disappear.

When I sit down here to write Spirits join me here on the keyboard and if one of them doesn't like what my three Relatives and Dr. P. has written they cause me to lose the copy.

Of course I can't prove that because I can't show you the brains that are doing Automatic Writing from the Spirit world because they are all Spirits and we can't see Ghosts and Spirits but they are very real.

Edited by Rosemary Campbell

No one believes that since l985 when I first began communicating with Spirits one or the other of them controls every aspect of my life.

They tell me where to shop and why.

They tell me who to hire to fix things around the house and they even tell me what books to buy to help me do some of my own plumbing and things and I have learned how to do some things that I never could do.

They tell me when to go to bed and when to get up and why.

My relatives have not made things any easier because when I try to tell them that their relatives are very much alive in the Spirit World they say things like they are dead and gone and if they are alive in the Spirit World tell them not to come around them because they are afraid of dead people and this angers our Relatives in the After Life.

I would love to find some Ghost Hunters who would bring equipment into my home and see what they could find and I would also like for some of the Television shows to come into my home and see what they could find and since they go into messy houses I have no problem there.

Having said that I would also like to say I didn't set out to get attention and didn't want attention but three of my Relatives and Dr. P. say they won't leave unless I get someone to believe they are doing these things.

There are other spirits in the Spirit World around me and I had hoped they would help me get my three Realtives and Dr. P. off to the Higher Realms but so far no such luck and I am now wondering if they aren't just trying to get me to write more about them and possibly get more attention for their work?

Perhaps they have turned me into a Lab Rat so to speak to prove life after death to all the nonbelievers.

Edited by Rosemary Campbell

[

I enjoy both Proof Positive and Ghost Hunters I have not heard of the other show. I think that both shows have shown some very intresting things there have been several shows where they have shown some indisputable things. Now if you want to talk about a show that totally is fake and sucks that would be "Most Haunted" YUCK!

Rosemary,not trying to be an A@@ but you say you have been talking with the dead since 1985 right?

that 's over twenty(20) years, don't you think just maybe you would have gotten some help a while back, or called someone to find out what the voices are?

I'm not an expert nor Ghost Hunter but i do know that if i heard or started to see dead people, i think maybe i would have tried to find out what the h#$@ was happening to me. ;)

I don't need anyone to tell me who the voices are.

At this point in time I am just saying the truth about the Spirit World, and also saying you will never find proof you are looking for unless you experience it yourself.

As far as the Help you mention, I am learning that Exorcisms may not work at all and the only thing that might work is to share these experiences with others so if someone in the Spirit World good or bad finally gets through to them and writes or speaks to them they will better know how to deal with it.

I think what most people don't want to believe is that the Spirit World is all around us, and in that Spirit World there are good and bad Spirits and as far as I can see these Spirits are free to travel about and go just about anywhere they choose to and do anything good or bad to others that they feel like doing.

However if at some point in time the Guides I am working with who wanted to work in the right way prove that they have some control over my three relatives and Dr. Petas then I will know who is really in control.

Now I told about my three relatives and Dr. Petas just to share some of my experiences and help to enlighten those who ae in search of the truth, but I really don't expect anyone to actually help me.

I have tried all the Holy Water and Hail Mary's and things but so far God or Jesus Haven't ridden in on their Magic Carpet to save me and if by chance someone else has this happen to them I just thought it would be nice to tell them about my Experiences and also to tell them Help is not all that easy to come by because everyone I have talked to believes all you have to do to solve a problem, is pray and sprinkle a little holy water around and have a priest with a Crucifix chant some Hail Marys and Presto the problem will be solved.

Well I can tell you that hasn't worked so far and I just thought for those who dabble in the paranormal you might like to learn if you have a problem very few people will listen or believe what you are saying.

Proof Positive?

After reading some of these Posts I would say many wouldn't know the truth if it popped up and bit them in the A..

I have nothing but respect for you Rosemary, i have no clue of what you deal with on a daily basis, rather i believe you or not i hope things work out.

Im not sure if i recall, do you have children?

I wanted to comment on something here that some might find interesting.

Three or four days ago i went on True Crime on this Forum where they were discussing various murders and I commented on the Natalie Holloway case and the things I gathered from the beginning when she first disappeared and I wrote about what happened and what happened to her and who did it.

I am very happy today that they are making arrests in Aruba and that Natalie is going to finally get Justice.

Just thought I would comment on this because as a Psychic Detective the day that Natalie was reported Missing I meditated on the case and Natalie appeared to me from the Spirit World and looked towards Aruba and told me who killed her.

But like many others I'll be watching all the updates on the Case but for those interested in proof positive Psychic Detectives always get their man.