Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

parallel world

MissJatti

EARTH:-

Could there be a Earth, that looks and imitates our Earth. A world within our world. A Earth under our Earth.

Have we stumbled and without knowing opened a portal to this parallel Earth.

Have we gone through, have creatures come out.

Our Earth is the light, the other world is dark.

The bible and many other religious books describes the creation of our world.

God and man, the light.

Satan and his demons, ghouls, goblins, monsters... utter darkness

Would you site the other religious book you are talking about.

Parallel Universes fall into the realm the theoretical physics. Satan, demons and such fall into the realm of myth. IMO

Why did you post the same exact text in two different areas of the forum :S

His parallel self did it.
  • Like 4

I just thought I get different responses/feedback... 1 from a religious point of view and the other in the myth point of view........................

the light & dark comment for me has more of a religious connotation. If there are parallel universes, which physics indicates very likely, who knows what's in them? There could be what we call demons, ghosts, etc. that are natural to their world, supernatural to ours.

• Like 1

@ Darkwind.... the concept of multiple universes/parallel worlds/multiple universes can be found in the Hinduism Puranic/Purana literature

The concept of infinity universes is mentioned in the Apannatka Jataka - Buddhism

In the Quran there are several verses describing the seven heavens

Mormonism and the multiple universes.

And in science fiction

Could there be a Earth, that looks and imitates our Earth. A world within our world. A Earth under our Earth.

God and man, the light.

I had a dream about this. There was a forest but in my city where houses should have been. The rest of the city was still here. Walking through my old neighborhood I saw it, in the distance, many lights were coming out from a portal.

That was just a dream, I thought you would enjoy it and am posting for nothing more.

Although there is this, if there are portal they might be as tiny as specks of dust on your bedroom floor. And if a parallel world exists it most likely exists right here, side by side with ours, inside of ours, and meshed together. Woven so well that if you went from one to the other you would not tell the difference and in fact you do so many times everyday. No proof, just speculating, and simple discussion can be funner without cynical attitudes.

You can find it in many mythos. Like Beany says it dark and light depends on your traditions. One man's demon, is another man's faery.

was not there a theory, about extra terrestrials using portals and go through the layers of space.

and yeah it would be awesome if we could go to the parallel world,

Ya, portals would be the only way to travel such vast distances.

I somehow feel aliens and demons and everything else if they exist are from here, not outer space, but here alongside us, very much a party of humanity. No matter what era we are in they are there but if we are woodsman they appear as forest beings, in tune with nature, fairy, but if we are religions then they appear as saints or Mary, they are always better than us at something, they have more skills in the forest, more knowledge about God, and today they are better than us, they have craft that can fly faster and go farther, of course now that we have craft they got upgraded.

So very much this parallel world has always been here. Some cross over, others come back, few choose to live in-between.

I somehow feel aliens and demons and everything else if they exist are from here, not outer space, but here alongside us, very much a party of humanity. No matter what era we are in they are there but if we are woodsman they appear as forest beings, in tune with nature, fairy, but if we are religions then they appear as saints or Mary, they are always better than us at something, they have more skills in the forest, more knowledge about God, and today they are better than us, they have craft that can fly faster and go farther, of course now that we have craft they got upgraded.

So very much this parallel world has always been here. Some cross over, others come back, few choose to live in-between.

Interesting enough you should reaserch djinn.

according to islam god created them in a parallel dimension on this earth, before mankind.

Although keep note parallel dimensions havnt been proven to exist yet its still all theory, many people seem to forget that.

Sorry couldn't resist. post-7739-0-45823300-1358943315_thumb.jp

• Like 1

God and man, the light.

I don't know the answer to that. And I try not to judge. It's our perceptions and our experiences and our choices that make us who we are. Angels, demons, 'light', 'darkness', believers and skeptics, everything is but how we perceive things, how our experiences mould us to become, how everything has an impression on us. Speaking of perceptions, a mirror can be viewed as a portal to another universe - wherein everything that we see here, is 'imitated' or reflects back. For example, a baby (which has no concept that he/she physically exists, and therefore has not yet developed an ego or a personality) when looks into a mirror, has no idea that it's just looking at a reflection. To the baby, the reflection is not an extension of itself, but a separate 'object' (like the fan on the ceiling or the toys or the people around him/her) mimicking its every move. Another example, a computer generated virtual reality, a dream, a hallucination, an optical illusion, all can be interpreted differently by different people. Reality can also be a relative concept. What's good or evil, true or a lie, is subjective. Philosophically, we can theorize and make sense out of just about anything. But we also need to be practical, else we may risk losing grasp of what is factually correct. So, to answer you in my own humble way, however you choose to view the world around you, that is true.

I hope it helped a little. Take care.

Edited by dlonewolf85

Didn't the book A Wrinkle in Time use the concept of folding space? And somewhere in the fuzzy back of my brain I think another sci fi book used the same concept.

• Like 1

Here's Arthur Clarke's 3 Laws, for those who don't know, he wrote 2001 A Space Odyssey, and Childhood's End, and was a pioneer in developing network satellites.

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.”

¶“The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.”

¶“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”

• Like 1

The idea of parallel worlds comes from certain quantum mechanical considerations and our efforts as human beings to put it into a context we "understand." The idea is that every time the universe has to make a "decision," it splits into however many universes are necessary to allow each possibility to be true in one universe.

Actually far more universes are created than even that, since usually the "decision" is not to do anything. Take, for example, the decay of a given uranium atom. Given a mass of such atoms, over roughly four billion years half of them will decay. Each decay is spontaneous and random, but the probability of a given atom decaying is measurable, so we can make predictions when there are large numbers of atoms involved.

Where does this probability come from? The normal reaction is to say that the decay is not truly random, but "pseudo-random," meaning that we just don't know the causes but they are there nevertheless. For a variety of reasons this explanation is rejected and instead we are forced to say that the randomness is real.

How can it be that something is truly random and yet over a large mass of such random occurrences a measurable probability can be seen? One response to this has been the idea of the constant creation of parallel universes. Each time a given uranium atom has the opportunity to decay, enough universes come into existence to allow the decay to happen in one of the universes and not happen in all the rest. That way it is random (which new universe it happens in is not predictable) but still probabilistic (based on the number of new universes).

What makes this idea difficult to swallow is the number of universes we are talking about. How often does a given atom have the chance to decay? Well, once each "Plank time." This is a time interval much much shorter than anything in our experience, 10 ^ -43 second (1 with 44 zeros of them happen every second).

So, once every such Plank time for each uranium atom in the universe, the universe splits into a number of new universes, in one of which a given atom of uranium has decayed and in all the rest it has not. This means that if uranium atoms decayed on average once each second, then for each uranium atom in the universe, the universe would split into 10 ^ 43 new universes 10 ^ 43 times.

But on average uranium atoms last several billion years, so in actuality the number of new universes created each Plank time is the number of seconds the average uranium atom lasts times 10 ^ 43.

Now this is only one of myriads of quantum decisions the universe is constantly making.

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”

This is perhaps Clark's best known aphorism. However, it is not true.

It would have been better for him to have said that the technology seems like magic to the naive, but to those using the technology, they can distinguish the two easily.

(This objection depends on having a definition of "magic," that gives the aphorism meaning, since the common use of the word means anything we don't understand, but as Clark uses it the definition is something outside of physical causation). The "magic" done by a professional entertainer depends on technology -- on tricks -- and therefore is not "magic" under Clark's definition. On the other hand a miracle is necessarily a sort of magic or the being performing the miracle is really just a superman, not a divinity.

Didn't the book A Wrinkle in Time use the concept of folding space? And somewhere in the fuzzy back of my brain I think another sci fi book used the same concept.

Lots of SF uses concepts of this sort to get around the fact that no information can be transmitted within space faster than the speed of light, and no material object can go even that fast.

So, the solution is to travel in something other than space.

The idea of folds in space being arranged in such a way that natural portals exist is to my mind one of the less elegant ways of doing this. It is unlikely that the curvatures of space needed for such folds would exist without our being aware of them, since they would manifest themselves in our geometry and other ways.

It is easier just to posit the existence of a set of dimensions "next" to ours where physics is different and the rule about light-speed can be disregarded.

And in science fiction

So you dont believe that there are other dimensions?

So you dont believe that there are other dimensions?

A dimension isn't a parallel world.

A dimension isn't a parallel world.

Whoops My fault I meant parallel world :blush: