Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2nd Amendment

LucidElement

I watched on CNN recently that Obama is trying to make the purchase of guns as well as keeping them in your house (even licensed) ILLEGAL... ok soooo, what about the 2nd amendment of the United States Constituion..But then again, since when does Obama care about the constitution. He wants a one country government rule!

"The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights."

There is a reason people are buying so many guns (licensed and legal) to prepare for a civil war if it comes down to it.. Its like the big protest the students had at OLE MISS where they said the South Will Rise Again... Although, I hope it will not come to that... but if he started pulling things from the Constitution ohhh will that be a HUGEEE problem.

• Like 1

as part of a well regulated militia, after all.

Militia has a negative connotation these days. The idea at the time was clearly an issue of defending communities and individuals from an oppressive government such as the one being escaped. I agree that if they come for the guns there will be trouble. And it won't just come from a small fringe or minority of citizens.
  • Like 2

Militia has a negative connotation these days. The idea at the time was clearly an issue of defending communities and individuals from an oppressive government such as the one being escaped. I agree that if they come for the guns there will be trouble. And it won't just come from a small fringe or minority of citizens.

Yes, you guys let so many of your rights being tweaked, but this one seems to be the most important for many US Americans.

I have no doubt that 0bama would love nothing more then to ban all gun ownership. I do have doubts that he has come right out and said so though. Ive been looking for info on the OP's claim, and can find nothing that goes that far. Can you provide us with a source to these claims? Thanks ahead of time.

If he did say that, we are in big trouble.

Isn't the National Guard a militia?

Every gang in uniform parading around guns could be counted as militia.

• Like 1

The talk on the streets is that new legislation will probably come in the form of large taxes placed on the purchases of ammo. They figure that going after the actual guns will be difficult if not impossible. Just target the price and availability of the ammo.

The talk on the streets is that new legislation will probably come in the form of large taxes placed on the purchases of ammo. They figure that going after the actual guns will be difficult if not impossible. Just target the price and availability of the ammo.

very dumb,anybody not having five thumbs on a hand can make his ammo.

very dumb,anybody not having five thumbs on a hand can make his ammo.

True. But bullets, cases, and primers could also fall under the ammo tax.

...and? Seems reasonable to me. And I believe Americans still had guns from 1994 to 2004 when this ban was first put into place.

Yes, but you know the Army had bigger guns and wees scared!

• Like 1

True. But bullets, cases, and primers could also fall under the ammo tax.

I have no problems in monkey rigging a brass press to make my own.

The problem is most people don't know the difference between an assault rifle and a semi-auto rifle. It is already extremely difficult to get an assault rifle legally and few people have them and out of the few that do got assault rifles the vast majority of them are collectors so talking about banning assault rifles is rather pointless.

From wiki full link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

In the former U.S. law, the legal term assault weapon included certain specific semi-automatic firearm models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15, TEC-9, non select-fire AK-47s produced by three manufacturers, and Uzis) and other semi-automatic firearms because they possess a minimum set of features from the following list of features:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

• Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
  • Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
  • Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
  • Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
  • A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

• Folding or telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
  • Detachable magazine.

Obama isn't interested in taking our guns away.

If you advocate us being able to have 'assault rifles', then why not M-1 Tanks, or SAM Turrets?

I think the things he is saying are reasonable and steer far away from any sort of infringement on our 2nd Amendment. I'm a proponent of the Amendment, just to be clear.

• Like 1

Obama isn't interested in taking our guns away.

If you advocate us being able to have 'assault rifles', then why not M-1 Tanks, or SAM Turrets?

I think the things he is saying are reasonable and steer far away from any sort of infringement on our 2nd Amendment. I'm a proponent of the Amendment, just to be clear.

I want my own private nuke, you can keep the toys!

Just more gun nuts freaking out about nothing, as always.

"Ain't takin' MY gunz 'way!. This 'Murica!"

But the gun dealers sure love it. Unwittingly the far right might help the great Obama recovery by buying all them guns :devil:

• Like 2

From wiki full link http://en.wikipedia....ult_Weapons_Ban

In the former U.S. law, the legal term assault weapon included certain specific semi-automatic firearm models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15, TEC-9, non select-fire AK-47s produced by three manufacturers, and Uzis) and other semi-automatic firearms because they possess a minimum set of features from the following list of features:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

• Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
  • Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
  • Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
  • Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
  • A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

• Folding or telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
  • Detachable magazine.

Essentially, the assualt rifle ban didn't ban guns, just scary looking ones. Any which way, the second amendment is clear. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Note the right of the PEOPLE. No where does it say "the people can only have not scary looking guns". By rights of this we should be able to own tanks, machine guns, fighter jets. Anything the government could own.

Essentially, the assualt rifle ban didn't ban guns, just scary looking ones. Any which way, the second amendment is clear. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Note the right of the PEOPLE. No where does it say "the people can only have not scary looking guns". By rights of this we should be able to own tanks, machine guns, fighter jets. Anything the government could own.

yep, as I said, I want my own intercontinental nuke, you guys can keep the toys...

• Like 1

Are you serious? That is your proof that obama wants make it illegal to buy and own guns? Your a fool. And if it wouldn't be an insult to morons I would probably call you something else.

Learn to spell you're* before you call someone else a fool.

• Like 2