Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Milky Way Collides with Andromeda !

Hazzard

Milky Way Collides with Andromeda !

In the constellation of Pisces, some 100 million light-years from Earth, two galaxies are seen to collide - providing an eerie insight into the ultimate fate of our own planet when the Milky Way fatally merges with our neighbouring galaxy of Andromeda.

http://www.exploreuniverse.com/astrolog/

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hazzard

• DBunker

• Celeryslam

• Yelekiah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are both right,just as sure as the Sun comes up every morning, it is scheduled to die.

Experts give it some 7 billion years, when it will turn into a bloated red giant. As the name implies, a red giant is a star swelled to enormous proportions.

Earth would be first engulfed in heat and light, then vaporized.

Did someone say-sunblock?

Experts give it some 7 billion years, when it will turn into a bloated red giant. As the name implies, a red giant is a star swelled to enormous proportions.

Hmm...7 billion years, destruction of Earth...I'll pencil that in on my day planner!

Hmmmm. I have a better chance of crapping out my lungs than living that long. So, I'm not worried. broken_inside, nice siggy. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by ZeroShadow

Did someone say-sunblock?

839717[/snapback]

that sounds really sad, to imagine our planet being destroyed completly...but i think there will be no humans to see our planet being destroyed by heat, or maybe we will destroy it first....who knows, i gues ill be playing cards with the angels at that time... tongue.gif

This is wierd, I hope we are never have to see it.. blink.gif

Na, dont worry about it, you wont be here to see it unless you plan to live for a really really long time.

Don't worry. The sun will die before that happens so we won't be there to see it anyway.

841455[/snapback]

That is the cause,the sun dying,and taking our planet with it,along with Mercury,Venus and Mars.

Vaporized.

Edited by hazzard

I can just imagine what the night sky would look like if people were around in the future to see it. The entire sky at night would be crystal blue and white from andromeda and would look amazing.

Im pretty sure in 7 billion years we will be able to fly around in space and what not...so the sun blowing up is no problem. Unless of course your stuck on Earth.

I can just imagine what the night sky would look like if people were around in the future to see it. The entire sky at night would be crystal blue and white from andromeda and would look amazing.

851807[/snapback]

Now that would be nice.... Damn Great Great (x how ever Billion) grand Kids get all the nice stuff.... The again they may be dead so..... MEH!

i think the planet will die much earlier then that man kind will destroy it not fate

I think it is safe bet to say that humans would have colonized other planets in 7 billion years time... :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr Ed

I think it is safe bet to say the humans would have colonized other planets in 7 billion years time... rolleyes.gif

853198[/snapback]

The problem is we would have to colonize other planets in another galaxy, because the milky way would be all messed up. So they would have to travel a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time just to even get to the nearest galaxy. If we could travel the speed of light right now and head for andromeda it would take 2 million years just to get there. Unless warping space time is possible then they could get their in 3 hours.

I think it is safe bet to say the humans would have colonized other planets in 7 billion years time... rolleyes.gif

853198[/snapback]

The problem is we would have to colonize other planets in another galaxy, because the milky way would be all messed up. So they would have to travel a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time just to even get to the nearest galaxy. If we could travel the speed of light right now and head for andromeda it would take 2 million years just to get there. Unless warping space time is possible then they could get their in 3 hours.

854179[/snapback]

Even the ships dreamed up in Star Trek cannot travel outside of the Milky Way. original.gif

How about a "worm hole",for a shortcut. dontgetit.gif

New data from the Hubble Space Telescope.

Stars race around a black hole at the center of the Andromeda galaxy so fast that they could go the distance from Earth to the Moon in six minutes.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0509...meda_stars.html

In 6000 years we have gone from living in caves and using stones for tools; to travelling to the moon. I think its a fair guess to say that in 7,000,000,000,000 years we will be able to travel to other galaxies.

But the thing is nothing can go beyond the speed of light, it's the universes constant. I doubt humans will have enough resources on a couple of space ships to last a couple million years traveling to the nearest galaxy which is andromeda the closest one and wont be an option of course, but the nearest galaxy after that is like 100 million something light years away. They would have to reproduce and balance it out with the death rate while on voyage or else they would go extinct or overcrowd their ships. Looks like warping space time is the only thing that could save us in that event. I only wish i could be alive then to see the sky at day and night filled with andromedas colors.