Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Parallel Scratches On the Body

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

IMO it has to do with the person's subconciousness ..

Were there some problems that the OP didn't know how to handle? Frustrations, unhappiness, etc.? His subconcious mind has perhaps such a way of manifesting itself for a lack of a better solution ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#17    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostJGirl, on 25 October 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

from what i gather it's something endemic to sites that entertain ideas of demons, paranormal etc.
i have found nothing in searches relating to any significance of these scratches online either, other than the aforementioned sites.
what really gets me is the idea that a demon or other such nasty creature would bother to lightly scratch a person. ooooh that's soooo scary right?
as i mentioned in an earlier post, it would be more likely to claw your eyeball out then scratch your cheek lightly - that is, if demons existed in the first place.
i cited a few very logical potential causes for such scratches and was met with a protesting response of the 'can you back this up' nature.
some people need to keep their beliefs alive i guess.

And some people meed to read to get their facts straight... LOL

I never stated I have any belief in demons, I stated I stand neutral, I don't believe or disbelieve.

I asked you to back up YOUR belief that "a demon would more likely claw your eyeballs out than lightly scratch your cheek".

Well, how did you come upon this information?  A book on Demonology?  A priest? What are you basing this information on????

WHY is it "not likely " for a demon to leave light scratches???

That is all I wanted to know.  Instead of leaving a simple answer you chose to be sarcastic and smarmy.  

Whatever, your right to do so.  But, now I'm beginning to understand you probably got your info from movies.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#18    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,742 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 26 October 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

And some people meed to read to get their facts straight... LOL

I never stated I have any belief in demons, I stated I stand neutral, I don't believe or disbelieve.

I asked you to back up YOUR belief that "a demon would more likely claw your eyeballs out than lightly scratch your cheek".

Well, how did you come upon this information?  A book on Demonology?  A priest? What are you basing this information on????

WHY is it "not likely " for a demon to leave light scratches???

That is all I wanted to know.  Instead of leaving a simple answer you chose to be sarcastic and smarmy.  

Whatever, your right to do so.  But, now I'm beginning to understand you probably got your info from movies.
i am sarcastic, although smarmy? i dunno, what the heck is that even??
in any case, sorry if your feelings were hurt. not my intention
the reason i feel that a demon would be much more violent is basically due to the exposure over the half century that i've been alive to all sorts of lore, movies, religious beliefs, so called testimonials, etc

humor me this:
what do you suppose is the point in a demon making these little scratches on people? remember, this isn't just one or two incidences we're talking about. what is the purpose? everything has one, what could the motivation of the demon possibly be?
what on earth would cause anyone to believe that this could be a demonic thing?
i do not get that at all when it could be any number of ordinary things that happen every day that go unnoticed.

edit to add:
just looked up smarmy, and hmm, i don't think that's me - sarcastic oh yes, but not smarmy.. but cool word, thanks.

Edited by JGirl, 26 October 2012 - 06:40 PM.

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#19    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostJGirl, on 26 October 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

i am sarcastic, although smarmy? i dunno, what the heck is that even??
in any case, sorry if your feelings were hurt. not my intention
the reason i feel that a demon would be much more violent is basically due to the exposure over the half century that i've been alive to all sorts of lore, movies, religious beliefs, so called testimonials, etc

humor me this:
what do you suppose is the point in a demon making these little scratches on people? remember, this isn't just one or two incidences we're talking about. what is the purpose? everything has one, what could the motivation of the demon possibly be?
what on earth would cause anyone to believe that this could be a demonic thing?
i do not get that at all when it could be any number of ordinary things that happen every day that go unnoticed.

edit to add:
just looked up smarmy, and hmm, i don't think that's me - sarcastic oh yes, but not smarmy.. but cool word, thanks.

Apology for hurting my feelings accepted, thank you.

As to what I know about demons, absolutely. Nothing.  That is why I asked you to back it up.  I don't know anything except what little my friends have told me and I don't believe one way or the other.  If they exist I don't know whether they would scratch lightly or claw and I can't even begin to guess because I happily admit that I know nothing about demons.

But I'm open to learn from a reputable source.

I'm sorry for my misuse of the word smarmy.   I do like that word too.  I can't wait to use it correctly.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#20    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,742 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 26 October 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

I'm sorry for my misuse of the word smarmy.   I do like that word too.  I can't wait to use it correctly.
accepted at my end too :)
as for using smarmy, oh yeah i'm definitely going to try that one out. i even like the sound of it

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#21    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Bfd, can you post pictures of the scratches?

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users