Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pilots see mystery glow over Pacific Ocean

seeder

This planet is truly amazing. I think that given the location of the plane inside the ring of fire, the volcano idea is a pretty good place to start. I'm looking forward to seeing what the investigation turns up on this. Thanks for posting this, it was a very interesting read.

• Like 7

Underwater volcano is the first thing I thought of also.

Pictures are amazing.

A true Unexplained Mystery at this point.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

Curious. The military exploded a hypersonic weapon test vehicle a minute or so after launch after detecting an anomaly from their Kodiak test facility at 4AM local time on the 25th.

• Like 6

A volcano seems like a good candidate except for one thing, Any lava that bright near the sea surface would be belching steam and ash from the sea surface, I see none in the photos.

This one really is a mystery. I think you can rule out bioluminescent, most sea organisms produce green light and it's rather dim by comparison. Perhaps lightning set off some methane gas bubbling up from the sea floor, but that supposedly has a blue flame. Very creepy when you see the photos.

• Like 4

Love a story like this !!

• Like 2

Reminds me of a book called Out of the Deeps, by John Wyndham. It's about an alien aquatic race that begins colonizing out deep ocean trenches and comes into conflict with the land dwelling humans they had hitherto been unaware of.

• Like 1

Wow. Mother Nature sure is amazing at times.

• Like 2

Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Nah, that is sickly yellowish green light. :alien:

The idea of a volcano seems off because of the size of the area that glows. That would be a pretty big volcano. You'd think such a large flow would be registered by seismic stations.

• Like 1

Submerged SHIELD Helicarrier?

Cthulhu

Cthulhu

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."
  • Like 3

Pilots see the craziest sh!t :lol:

And they sometimes end up flying a desk. :whistle:

• Like 3

Pilots see the craziest sh!t :lol:

If these are real photos and not some publicity/photo-shopped stunt, this really is a spectacular mystery. The article indicated the pilots were freaked out about the flight after seeing this, all I can say is, no kidding! I would have been freaked out for sure if I looked out the plane's window and saw that light show in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1

There are some strange occurrences happening world wide atm......much unsettlement.

If this article is above board, it will be interesting to see what the investigation brings to light.

At this point, I'll go with the possible undersea volcano.

Good article...

Cheers :)

Curious. The military exploded a hypersonic weapon test vehicle a minute or so after launch after detecting an anomaly from their Kodiak test facility at 4AM local time on the 25th.

:blush:So, John,,, you're from Oak Ridge, I see.

Uh huh.... :cry:

Well, Bleepin' A, John! :clap:

There are some strange occurrences happening world wide atm......much unsettlement.

If this article is above board, it will be interesting to see what the investigation brings to light.

At this point, I'll go with the possible undersea volcano.

Good article...

Cheers :)

You have a good point there. Maybe it's a direct result of Al Gore's Global Warming :--)

• Like 1

Yeah! that is curious....possible connection, maybe? :innocent:

:blush:So, John,,, you're from Oak Ridge, I see.

Uh huh.... :cry:

Well, Bleepin' A, John! :clap:

Not exactly, just nearby. Fascinating history. My cousin works there shuttling visiting VIPs back and forth. TVA is getting a brand new reactor at Watts Bar assembled, and The University of Tennesse is few miles down the road.

Yeah! that is curious....possible connection, maybe? :innocent:

I don't know if the timelines coincide. Could explain the vertical flash of light they saw on the horizon, twenty minutes before spotting the glowing suboceanic phenomena. I can't make a rational connection between the two.
  • Like 1

You have a good point there. Maybe it's a direct result of Al Gore's Global Warming :--)

Hmm! well I guess time will tell :)

I see that you have been getting a hard time over in (what some call) *cough*.... the woo woo! threads lol...

Give em! heaps :lol:

• Like 1