Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woodruff-Fontaine House Memphis TN Aug 2014

kiwievp86

Hey guys,

New to the forum and the paranormal, just fascinated by it!

Anyways I'm here to post what I think is my first ever EVP and would like opinions on what people think of it.

My partner and myself went to the Woodruff-Fontaine house in Memphis TN in August and did the tour of the house. This is a beautiful French Victorian house built in 1871 on "millionaires row" in Memphis.

The house has 3 floors and is supposedly inhabited by 2 spirits, a young female on the 2nd floor named Mollie Woodruff and a young man on the 3rd floor named Elliot Fontaine.

Mollie being a gentle spirit and Elliot being a hostile spirit.

As I was saying my partner and myself took the tour with a docent who showed us around and told us the history of the place, we tried a very quick evp session in Mollie's room on the 2nd floor but got absolutely nothing, continuing upstairs to the 3rd floor we did get something however...

We were standing next to a glass case that had some of the belongings of Elliot Fontaine stored in it. This is where I had started recording, not an evp session just a recording.

As you can hear in the recording the docent starts telling us about stories of Elliot Fontaine haunting the place. This recording is a little muffled as we were walking around alot.

You will hear 3 voices in 2 accents, one is a southernism accent which is the docent (female), and 2 New Zealand accents (my partner and myself)

At 00:35-00:38 You will hear a 4th voice (American accent) come through with what I think is saying "Tell her we're.... we're dead" or "Told her, we're... we're dead" then the floor creaks (the floor was us as this is a very old house)

We were the only tour in the house by the time we got to the 3rd floor and this voice seems so clear and so close!

This was recorded using an iPhone 4S and has not been altered in anyway, what you hear is what was recorded, i would suggest using headphones.

I would love your input guys and what class of evp would you put this at in your opinion?

On a short note, this house was featured on Ghost Hunters.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ubFpv3fkaE

Hope the link works, enjoy!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bubblykiss

• kiwievp86

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to nit-pick, but, I am gonna nit-pick. But French Victorian house?

I read the house page, checked several pictures of the home and it does have several "French" features mixed with classic Victorian with a bit of Queen Anne thrown in.

Just seems strange to mix those things for the sake of making it more interesting to me.

http://www.victorianweb.org/art/architecture/france/influence.html