Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

skeptics are wrong

cyrus11

the skeptics try to use "electromagnetic disturbances" to explain the ghost sightings and sensations of presence. example, from nearby powerlines and such. true, electro mag disturbances do produce hallucinagenic effects on a person and it does make a person feel sensations of presense, but they failed to realize that most case involve places where there are no powerlines or electricity.. thus..if ghosts or spirits exists in electromagnetic forms, then uh....maybe their existance IS the cause of the electromagnetic disturbance in the environment?

on a quick note:

if information and data and what not which are electromagnetic in nature can be stored in magnetic strips in man-made recording devices. such as videos and music and computer programs, artificial intelligenct, etc. then, why can't life force's electromagnetic information or memory be stored by the entire earth. come to think of it.. the whole earth is a giant magnetic strip. hmmmmm....

*ghosts sightings described as replaying of past events?

*sightings of ghosts as interactive entities?

where do our life's consciousness, energy go when we die? according to modern physics, energy cannot be destroyed by conventional means. if our memory and consciousness is electromagnetic in nature. wouldn't it be saved into the earth's magnetic core?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NME_locus

• earthchick

• Bebi

• Glacies

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited topic title. Do not flame or insult people in anyway please.

on a quick note:

if information and data and what not which are electromagnetic in nature can be stored in magnetic strips in man-made recording devices. such as videos and music and computer programs, artificial intelligenct, etc. then, why can't life force's electromagnetic information or memory be stored by the entire earth. come to think of it.. the whole earth is a giant magnetic strip. hmmmmm....

*ghosts sightings described as replaying of past events?

*sightings of ghosts as interactive entities?

If that was the case, then we would have inconsistancies on the true polar n/s axis. In other words, the northern axis of the earth should have a condensed amount created by a gathering effect, and where the Aurora occurs, "the Northern Lights" should have the most. What would support that is the evidence of the amount of Solar radiation is all directed that way, which ultimately shields us from the Sun's deadly radiation. So, in conclusion, there is no evidence that there are "imprints/recording" in the earth's magnetic field.

Now on what grounds do you have to make this claim? How do you know that there are no power lines, etc. There are grids that run around everywhere underground, and way before urban developments. Have you studied every case?

You say...

but they failed to realize that most case involve places where there are no powerlines or electricity.. thus..if ghosts or spirits exists in electromagnetic forms, then uh....maybe their existance IS the cause of the electromagnetic disturbance in the environment?

First of all, you cannot make facts off of theories. There is no fact that ghost exist as electromagnetic forms to begin with. That is only a theory with no proof or nor any concrete evidence. So, there is no way to say, "this is how it works."

where do our life's consciousness, energy go when we die? according to modern physics, energy cannot be destroyed by conventional means. if our memory and consciousness is electromagnetic in nature. wouldn't it be saved into the earth's magnetic core?

Our body does not really emmit any energy the way you are thinking about it. Some chemicals substitute what we define as energy. Plus when we die, we are then brain dead, so whatever it does produce seizes to exist.

Edited by NME_locus

hehe...

I waited patiently for NME_locus to respond to this one :yes:

hehehe... hey you. :innocent:

Is there some rule that I don't know about that says people with an unwaivering faith aren't allowed to use capital letters?

Is there some rule that I don't know about that says people with an unwaivering faith aren't allowed to use capital letters?

Not sure what you mean unless you are referring to using all caps in sentences and/or titles. In that case, I'd say it's a no no.

High amounts of electromagnetism can cause health problems. It has for instance been proven that living next to the large power transformers during a pregnancy can cause birth defects.

Having said that, I don't, however, think "ghosts" are hallucinations caused by exposure to high amounts of electromagnetism. Rather, I believe that spirits may possibly use electromagnetism to manifest themselves.

Where does the 'life' of your car's engine go when you turn off the ignition? Where does the music go when you turn off the CD player? Life is. When you die, it isn't. It doesn't 'go' anywhere. It ends.

Where does the 'life' of your car's engine go when you turn off the ignition? Where does the music go when you turn off the CD player? Life is. When you die, it isn't. It doesn't 'go' anywhere. It ends.

I refuse to subscribe to your interpretations.

I refuse to subscribe to your interpretations.

I'm not going to subscribe either...every time I do, the new issues are late, and I can only renew one subscription so, maxim takes precidence here...

I don't really buy the ghosts as electrical forces rationale. IMO, it just sounds like reasoning agianst logic. ie, skeptics say a is actually b, ie ghosts and the like being mere electrical disturbances, while believers (not generalizing, I know numerous peoples who choose to believe in paranormal events without getting over zealous) say a actually causes b! in this case ghosts cause the disturbances...I've seen this formula far too often actually... :no:

I'm not going to subscribe either...every time I do, the new issues are late, and I can only renew one subscription so, maxim takes precidence here...

I don't really buy the ghosts as electrical forces rationale. IMO, it just sounds like reasoning agianst logic. ie, skeptics say a is actually b, ie ghosts and the like being mere electrical disturbances, while believers (not generalizing, I know numerous peoples who choose to believe in paranormal events without getting over zealous) say a actually causes b! in this case ghosts cause the disturbances...I've seen this formula far too often actually... :no:

Could you try to explain what you mean please?

If that was the case, then we would have inconsistancies on the true polar n/s axis. In other words, the northern axis of the earth should have a condensed amount created by a gathering effect, and where the Aurora occurs, "the Northern Lights" should have the most. What would support that is the evidence of the amount of Solar radiation is all directed that way, which ultimately shields us from the Sun's deadly radiation. So, in conclusion, there is no evidence that there are "imprints/recording" in the earth's magnetic field.

Now on what grounds do you have to make this claim? How do you know that there are no power lines, etc. There are grids that run around everywhere underground, and way before urban developments. Have you studied every case?

You say...

First of all, you cannot make facts off of theories. There is no fact that ghost exist as electromagnetic forms to begin with. That is only a theory with no proof or nor any concrete evidence. So, there is no way to say, "this is how it works."

Our body does not really emmit any energy the way you are thinking about it. Some chemicals substitute what we define as energy. Plus when we die, we are then brain dead, so whatever it does produce seizes to exist.

When we die our Physical Body is brain Dead.

The head which holds the Brain is just a container used to house the Spirit, and when the body dies the Spirit of the person with all its intelligence, memories and life's experiences leaves the body and leaves it laying there just like an empty container to be disposed of either through burial or creamation and the Spirit with all its intelligence can attend its own funeral and watch its survivors and their reaction to the death and then if it chooses it can return anytime it chooses to to visit anyone it wants to on Earth.

If the Spirit died from Murder or some heineous act if it chooses to it can hang around Earth and take over the Killers body or do anything it chooses and as far as I know there is nothing in the Universe that can bring that Spirit under Control until it settles all its old scores on Earth and decides for itself what it wants to do in the Universe.

At least that is what I have been told by those whose Spirits talk to me and appear to me from the After Life.

Could you try to explain what you mean please?

sure, I'd be glad to. first of all the first thing with subscriptions...yeah it's a play on words dealing with a previous quote regarding subscribing to anothers ideas. I think it's very funny. nextly, I mention a common formula in which some believers mistake correlation for causation...hope that was of help. :tu:

Why do I get the feeling that this topic is going to result in a debate? These always do.

Nothing wrong with debating; it's good to hear all sides on a topic :tu:

:whistle:

hey...lol

I wonder if he/she will respond? :hmm:

?.... but of course RoseMary will....

Nothing wrong with debating; it's good to hear all sides on a topic :tu:

Thank you very much Bebi

:huh:

When we die our Physical Body is brain Dead.

The head which holds the Brain is just a container used to house the Spirit, and when the body dies the Spirit of the person with all its intelligence, memories and life's experiences leaves the body and leaves it laying there just like an empty container to be disposed of either through burial or creamation and the Spirit with all its intelligence can attend its own funeral and watch its survivors and their reaction to the death and then if it chooses it can return anytime it chooses to to visit anyone it wants to on Earth.

If the Spirit died from Murder or some heineous act if it chooses to it can hang around Earth and take over the Killers body or do anything it chooses and as far as I know there is nothing in the Universe that can bring that Spirit under Control until it settles all its old scores on Earth and decides for itself what it wants to do in the Universe.

At least that is what I have been told by those whose Spirits talk to me and appear to me from the After Life.

Okay, I just gave the logical explanation which it can be easily scientifically proven. So now you are correcting it stating theories that on no grounds can be proven true? Okay then, go ahead and explain how you know that this is true. How can you prove it? Are you going to tell me AGAIN that your proof, is your dead relatives inside you, are really the ones that are writing for you ( which is your excuse for not using punctuation )?

First of all, what supports you claim? No jibberish, just straight up question and answer. What proof do you have that can support your theory other then you witnessing something?

Keep it logical....

Edited by NME_locus

vibrations can also cause auditory and visual hallucinations, so not power lines as such would not necessarily need to be present for someone to experience hallucinations.

just my couple of cents.

skeptic not using capital letters here. :P

vibrations can also cause auditory and visual hallucinations, so not power lines as such would not necessarily need to be present for someone to experience hallucinations.

just my couple of cents.

skeptic not using capital letters here. :P

Agreed.

Also, certain frequencies can trigger imaginative hearing and vision. Please don't say that is possible. It has been proven that frequencies can eliminate cancer tissues...

Way back when I was at school (between the ages of 11 and 13) my music teacher told us of a certain chord that humans couldn't handle if played continuously (I can't remember exactly which one it was now - does anyone else know?) and to prove it she played the chord. I remember it vibrated through me and started making me feel physically sick and anxious. Digerodoo's have this effect one me also.

sure, I'd be glad to. first of all the first thing with subscriptions...yeah it's a play on words dealing with a previous quote regarding subscribing to anothers ideas. I think it's very funny. nextly, I mention a common formula in which some believers mistake correlation for causation...hope that was of help. :tu:

Yeah I got that first part.

Now the second part......I take it you're saying something along the lines of......some believers think that if electromagnetic waves are present at the time an apparition appears, then the electromagnetic waves caused the apparition. Is that what you mean?

In my first post here I was suggesting that perhaps a spirit uses electromagnetism as a form of energy to manifest itself......which is a different thing altogether than electromagnetism being the cause of an apparition.

Edited by earthchick