Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

An Alternate History

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: What destoryed / Ended the Magic Era? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

What destoryed / Ended the Magic Era?

1. A God (One of many) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. An All powerful Entity (0 votes [0.00%])

3. A Magic spell or Virus of Decaying power (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Too Much / One massive war (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

5. Ignorace (Self inflicted decay) (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

6. Don't care (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

7. Don't Know (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Azael

Azael

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 129 posts

• Media Vita in Morte Sumus

Posted 30 March 2004 - 04:47 PM

Midgard is a snake.

#17    Athenian

Athenian

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

• Those who fear the coming Apocalypse, Thou are my enemy.

Posted 30 March 2004 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Azael @ Mar 30 2004, 05:47 PM)
Midgard is a snake.

No your thinking of Jormungand that lives in Midgard... It has several different names and one of them happens to be Midgardsorm and somebody shortened that to Midgard for some reason which isn't right...

Edited by Athenian, 30 March 2004 - 05:28 PM.

#18    STIX

STIX

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

• The fact that threshold points exist and dictate matter suggests a pattern and layered geometry to the universe.

Posted 30 March 2004 - 06:08 PM

this idea is completely ridiculous to me, elves, goblins, dwarves and the rest are all just products of some cartoonist as he tried to come up with a new comic. give me a break, I cant believe some of you believe this...I consider myself to be completely open-minded and Im sure some of you have read my wacked out posts, so if I dont believe this theory then either Ive lost touch with my drug-induced reality or there really isnt any turth in this whatsoever.
but hey, dont go killing your sheep because of one martyr, ive been wrong before.

#19    Azael

Azael

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (STIX @ Mar 30 2004, 07:08 PM)
this idea is completely ridiculous to me, elves, goblins, dwarves and the rest are all just products of some cartoonist as he tried to come up with a new comic. give me a break, I cant believe some of you believe this...I consider myself to be completely open-minded and Im sure some of you have read my wacked out posts, so if I dont believe this theory then either Ive lost touch with my drug-induced reality or there really isnt any turth in this whatsoever.

The mythos of elves, dwarves and goblins have been around for hundreds of years.

#20    Dragunai

Dragunai

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• Peace is a dream which constantly eludes us as we wake up to the harsh reality of war.

Posted 30 March 2004 - 07:12 PM

Well, Think about it, If these cultures never exsisted then why do people still go about them?

What about Atlantis?
or Lemuria?
Both missing (probably non exsistant) yet Scientists with P.H.D's are still looking for them. The Yeti or the Missing link...

Makes ya think. And what about that African Tribe that had pictures of Aliens on the walls of their caves and Tribal Monuments?
I am talking the day's BEFORE TV and other assorted Media systems, before the whole U.F.O idea took off.

Therefore, At one stage in Earths History surely it was possible that Maybe there were Elves, Goblins and Dwarves runnig around?
Perhaps they did die out and humans were left because we had a survival ability they didn't. Or maybe they went subterranian!

This world is so screwy as it is surely there is a possibilty that These other races did exsist on our Planet.
Also you mustn't forget We are still discovering things about our planet all the time new animals and creatures which up until now we didn't know exsisted!

And as for a lack of proof, what about the fact that this time period Pre dates prehistory. The Artifacts have all been destroyed by the sans of time and cannot be found.

On an American Airlines packet of nuts:
Instructions: open packet, eat nuts.
(somebody got paid big bucks to write this one...)

On a Plane:
1. We'll be on the ground in 10 minutes. One way or another. ]

Without the interent I wouldn't exsist, then where would we be?

#21    Naveed

Naveed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 07:17 PM

Figured with all the norse myth stuff being mentioned I'd post this to help clarify what some of the places were. http://www.pantheon.org/areas/mythology/eu...e/articles.html

#22    Azael

Azael

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:55 PM

Lemuria and Mu never existed, and Atlantis was an inland island like Pompeii.

And sure, it is possible that elves and dwarves ran around. In fact, it's a likely fact.
However - they were certainly not supernatural beings not another race of people! They could only have been humans who were geneticly isolated, like the pygmies.

And as for a lack of proof, what about the fact that this time period Pre dates prehistory. The Artifacts have all been destroyed by the sans of time and cannot be found.

What the hell are you rambling about?
Stop toking, Tolkien!

#23    Dragunai

Dragunai

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• Peace is a dream which constantly eludes us as we wake up to the harsh reality of war.

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:10 AM

Hey!!!

I have already been banned from 2 sites because of flame wars. please don't start another!

Look Its just a theory ok, Lets not get into pointless arguements.
Shall we leave it at me having an over active imagination?

Dragon

On an American Airlines packet of nuts:
Instructions: open packet, eat nuts.
(somebody got paid big bucks to write this one...)

On a Plane:
1. We'll be on the ground in 10 minutes. One way or another. ]

Without the interent I wouldn't exsist, then where would we be?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users