Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

big foot

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    SarahAvery

SarahAvery

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

several of my friends and family believe in big foot. i on the other hand do not. i dont know why i do not but i havent found anything yet to convince me to believe in this creature. some people around my community have claimed "bigfoot sightings" but i am skeptical.  i have listened to their stories with an open mind and considered the things they say.  some claims were "every other country has an ape like creature native to that country, why  couldnt big foot be ours?" and " big foot could be a shape shifter, which is why we havent found it" but these are not enough to convince me.  i am a firm believer that imagination can take you far in the face of fear, which is why i cant believe the "sightings" and "evidence" and things that "bigfoot hunters" say they have found. i will consider everyones opinion with an open mind. but i do not believe in big foot the creature, i think it is imagination taken by the media to keep people occupied.
-just my opinion

#2    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hi Sarah,

View PostSarahAvery, on 19 January 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

i think it is imagination taken by the media to keep people occupied.

What do you mean by that?

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#3    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Welcome!

#4    SarahAvery

SarahAvery

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 19 January 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

Hi Sarah,

What do you mean by that?

I think that the media blows things out of proportion to keep the public occupied, take bigfoot for instance. Recently a lot of bigfoot shows started coming on tv. why do you think that is?

#5    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

View PostSarahAvery, on 20 January 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

I think that the media blows things out of proportion to keep the public occupied, take bigfoot for instance. Recently a lot of bigfoot shows started coming on tv. why do you think that is?

To make money. Bigfoot is a popular/sensational subject - on a par with the various ghost hunting shows. The media is run by private and public companies devoted to earning money for their shareholders. The media is not run by the government as a tool of propaganda or to keep the masses occupied.

However, I agree that the media (mainstream and cryptozoological) does largely blow things out of proportion - again because that is what people want and it sells. The story is more important than the facts...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#6    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostSarahAvery, on 20 January 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

The media has one objective and one objective only - to make money.  They don't give a rip whether we are "occupied" unless us being occupied is profitable for them.  There isn't a conspiracy to use bigfoot to distract us.  They just broadcast whatever sells ad dollars and looks good to the focus groups they pitch to.

#7    SarahAvery

SarahAvery

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 20 January 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

The media has one objective and one objective only - to make money.  They don't give a rip whether we are "occupied" unless us being occupied is profitable for them.  There isn't a conspiracy to use bigfoot to distract us.  They just broadcast whatever sells ad dollars and looks good to the focus groups they pitch to.

Im not saying that media uses bigfoot to distract us. But I have another theory about media and public distractions it would be for another forum, i might post that one later today.. Big foot is just not something i believe in...Yet. There have been several sighting around my community as i said earlier so maybe if i go looking i will find what i need to see.

#8    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,293 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

My opinion is that I totally agree that there is no known good evidence of bigfoot, but... I also think there is some kind of phenomena that is behind people seeing, hearing and interacting with what they believe is bigfoot. So in a sense bigfoot is real, to those that believe in him. Because though BF might not be physical, those people experienced something....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#9    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hi Sarah,

You say you don't believe and that's your right just as it's the right of your family and friends to believe because they have had encounters.

It's a bit hypocritical though when you admit that maybe you should go out looking, before making those decisions especially about those that are close to you, I would hope someone close to me, numerous as you say people close to you wouldn't lie to your face. Also it takes dedication, a quick walk through the forest would be a million to one shot of having an encounter.

Also were the people in fear when they had their encounter or are you just assuming like most that it must be terrifying to see a BF?

I agree with you on the media presence, the shows that come out seem to be a load of crap, I think I've watched 5 minutes here or there, they are just totally ridiculous.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#10    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

On here I talk about taking a Bigfoot if I ever encountered one, but what would I actually do if I encountered one? I've seen many a tough guy say what he'd do when the bullets start to fly and then saw all they did was cower in the bottom of a trench crying like a baby. Then they had to live with that the rest of their tour and carry the memory for the rest of their lives. Truth is no one knows how they will react when they encounter something like that. I'm open to the possibility that there could be Bigfoots, but that is based on what two friends of mine told me they encountered. I knew both of these guys personally, both were ex military and one was a cop and neither one could pull the trigger when they saw the critter. Both for the same reason, "It looked like a human.".

I've never seen one or found any evidence of one, I did encounter a nasty smell once like nothing I've ever encountered before, but that is hardly proof of anything other than a nasty smell. So I consider myself "open" on the subject. However, the evidence that is available now is marginal at best and what there is is very possibly hoaxed or at least could easily be hoaxed.

#11    jcneda03

jcneda03

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

hello evry buddy im new to this and my friend told me that ther is a bigfoot or sasquach as hes called hybrid with a chupacabra known as a chuapsquach and was wondering if this is true ad how much of a threat it would be to humans ans if it would more aggresive toward ppl

#12    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

A "chuapsquach"? Really?

This is one of those I honestly am at a lost for how to respond.

Edited by keninsc, 22 January 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#13    jcneda03

jcneda03

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

im sorry its spelled chupasquatch

#14    jcneda03

jcneda03

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

i was told that that creature was responsible for the attack of domesticated dogs and livestock in southeastern nc

#15    dannyboy52

dannyboy52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

• You Can Fool Some People All Of The Time,And All Of The People Some Of The Time, But You Cant Fool All Of The People All Of The Time

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

I must be living a very quiet life in N.C. for I haven't heard this tale before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users