Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sai Baba

Mr-X

I know some who talk about Sai Baba like hes a god of some sort.

A lady i know could not have a baby. They tried everything, but lost all hope when doctors told her there was nothing they could do.

She then went looking for answers and found Sai Baba who gave her this special powder and told her to have faith. Months later she fell pregnant to a baby boy.

What do all think?

http://www.sathyasai.org/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr-X

• FreyKade

• Ronin6th

• dev

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never heard of him. seems like a nice fella, but i doubt he possesses any kind of powers. the human mind is capable of many things when it is inspired. maybe he is just an inspiration to others.

I have heard of Sai Baba before , I don't have any reason to believe that he does the things he does for any other reason than to make people happier . However I am not going to claim that he has speciall powers.

I introduced a couple I know to a practising wiccan friend of mine , they managed to have a bueatiful baby girl after visiting him (they had been trying for 7 years) but wether it was magik , positive thinking or biological timming I don't know.

There are Two Sai babas. on died a long time ago. the other one is pretty old. he is not god, but is kind of a preacher. tells ppl to have faith and stuff. supposedly he can heal peoplen and such......i know about this because my grandmother belives in him

AS FAR AS I AM KNOW THATS ALL MUMBO JUMBO.....BUT THEN WITHOUT HURTING SENTIMENTS OF THE PEOPLE.....FAITH IN ITSELF IS A CURE......AND I MEAN IT...

SO ..AS FAR AS I KNOW EVEN A SINGLE MIRACLE ...MAKES PEOPLE BLINDLY FOLLOW A Man...thats what is happening....terming him as god.....

.....FAITH IS GOD...NO MORTAL CAN TAKE ITS PLACE.

On a school trip a few years back i went to a hindu temple and there was a shrine to the dude ur talkin about, that sai baba guy. he was a short lil black guy with a afro. They worship him and he is supposed to be god incarnated, whenever he dies another one is reborn and his followers go out and search for him. a bit like the dalai lahma. i heard two people in a neighbouring village wanted to get married but didnt hav ne rings, he took two stones off the ground and right in front of their eyes turned them into silver bands and gave them to each of them. I dnt kno what to believe, but there must be sum truth to it....

Wolfie,

i heard he makes silver balls appaer out of thin air. He does this in front of people so they can see his power.

I think he's a faith healer, if you believe it will happen. Not such a bad thing, unless you ask for money that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'm the 1600000 guy who visited this site...it must be a sign, tomorrow morning he will knock on my door to thank me! laugh.gif

This is so weird... ohmy.gif

Well Ronin??

Did he Knock?? biggrin.gif

No he hadn't, any Jackson Five lookin odd guy at my door this morning! sad.gif

I'll have to solve my problems by myself!

This information is moe than likely on the website above, but here is hat i have on Sai Baba:

Satya Sai Baba, a small, chubby Hindu with a halo of black crinkly hair, is regarded by countless people as a miracle worker and a god incarnate. In India there are now 3000 centres and 5 universities to promote his teachings, and books could be filled with feats he has performed. Some of them defy belief.

He is known to have materialised out of thin air almost anything from a diamond to a deerskin. For children he will produce flowers and sweets, for the hungry, food: for his followers religious idols, books and medalions. Yet the bright red robe he wears has no pockets and has narrow wrists so no one has been able to explain how he does it.

These miracles are only a small part of his life, in which he is said to have healed thousands, brought people back from the brink of death and given the impresion that he has limitless knowledge and wisdom. In 40 years he has risen from being a village urchin to being a potent influence on modern thought, teaching that 'there is nothing within the human grasp than love'.

Sai Baba was born in India on November 23 1926, and was a normal, robust boy who liked to run with the village children. His popularity was assured by his ability to produce sweets from an empty bag. Apart from bringing home beggars for his mother to feed, he showed no other signs of sainthood. And his father thought he would make a good political figure.

What happened whe he was 13, gave indications that he was going to be spectacularly different. Out with friends, he suddenly jumped into the air with a loud cry of pain, holding his right foot. it was thought he had been stung by a scorpion.. Nothing more happened to him, however, the next night he fell to the ground in a swoon. When he came round, he was a different person, quoting sanskrit texts far beyond his knowledge.

His parents thought their young Satya (as he was then called) had been possesed by a demon, and called in an exorcist who very nearly killed him with various treatments. The boy did not complain. Instead he sought to please his parents with a demonstration of his new powers. With a wave of his hand he produced sweetmeats and flowers from no-where. This was too much for his father, who got a hefty stick and faced his son and asked 'what are you?' Satya replied, 'I am Sai Baba.'

His family did not know what he meant, but various educated men in the village did, the original Sai Baba, had been a hindu holy man from the village of Shirdi, who had performed many miracles in his life. He had died in 1918 but promised that he would come again.

The psychic phenomenon increased, though he regarded them as small tasks compared to the spiritual teaching he had to do.

One of the most remarkable stories of his healing power involves a factory owner, who has gastric ulsers, the man was given a room and left there. His condition got worse and he went into a coma, but Sai Baba did nothing but tell the man's wife, 'Don't worry, everything will be alright.'

Instead of geting better the man became very cold, turned blue and stiff, and then went cold, and the breathing became laboured. Sai Baba was unperturbed and the man's wife visited him every day. By the third day the man was corpse-like, and his wife asked for the body to be taken away. Sai Baba told her to have no fear once more.

Going into the room he found the fa,ily weeping around the man, Baba told them to leave, and he remained with the man for a few minutes, when he asked for the family to come back in, the man was sitting up smiling. The ulcers were cured, and they never came back.

He claims that he does not read and that he was innatentive at school, but he can quote from the Bible, the Koran, Socrates, Samuel Johnson, Kant and Karl Marx.

He teaches that 'the purpose of life is to grow in love' and says 'I have come to repair the higway to God. I have not come on behalf of any sect or creed or religion..

His primary aim in his present incarnation is, he says, to lead the world away from violence and hatred towards compassion. To avert the nuclear holocaust. But to do that he may have to be born again, A triple incarnation to save the world from destruction was forecast in the Upanishads 5,600 years ago: if Shirdi Sai Baba was the first, and Satya Sai Baba the second, he will have to be born again as Prema Sai.

Thanks for that Al, smile.gif really intresting, I hope he suceeds and is reborn again. We could all do with a bit of love and compassion in these troubled times.

• 1 month later...

Do u guys heard about the servered hand of st john kemble who cam miraclely save father jenkins from coma, when the hand is placed upon the sick man's brow

I think sai baba is one of the miracle person......but what the people always misunderstood is that they compere him with god. Ones i heard him giving a conversation tells that he never said he is the god but he is one of devoted servent to the god. biggrin.gif

~sorry for spelling~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have not heard of him too ... but in Islam we have some great people like him ... but they don't do anything ... they only read some Quran on the woman ... and give special water for her to drink ... and tell her to believe in God ... that is all ... and After a while the woman gets pregnant grin2.gif

not only that but you can ask God for anything you want ... but good stuff of course rolleyes.gif ... the secret is in praying for God and Patience ... original.gif

I tried it once ... and it worked ... I wanted to have good grades at University ... and I got what I want grin2.gif ... but of course I don't have to depend on God only ... but I have to try my best too ... wink.gif