Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Over 900 dead pigs floating in Shanghai river

Still Waters

More than 900 dead pigs have been retrieved from Shanghai's Huangpu River as of Saturday afternoon after a large number of bodies were found floating in the water, local authorities said.

The dead pigs were spotted in the Songjiang section, the upstream of the Huangpu River and a drinking water source for Shanghai residents, according to the city's water supplies bureau,

http://www.chinadail...nt_16294776.htm

• Like 2

China has such extreme pollution problems I wonder if that didn't have something to do with their deaths.

• Like 1

There's no explanation as to why these animals all 100 of them were there. I feel sick. Am I the only one who feels sad, and sick? What the heck... :no:

• Like 2

There's no explanation as to why these animals all 100 of them were there. I feel sick. Am I the only one who feels sad, and sick? What the heck... :no:

It's pretty disturbing. Must have been horrible to see.

It's pretty disturbing. Must have been horrible to see.

Love you Coffey. You are a wee soul-mate. :no:

• Like 1

Damn. No bacon for me today. :w00t:

Love you Coffey. You are a wee soul-mate. :no:

Aww thanks... Love you too Misty. :)

Aww thanks... Love you too Misty. :)

snuggley huggley buggles. :-*

• Like 1

The agricultural commission said it had tested organ samples from the pig carcasses and the results suggested the animals had contracted a type of porcine circovirus.

Source

Oh it just keeps getting better!

http://www.huffingto...l#slide=2204512

"The number of dead pigs found floating in a river flowing into Shanghai has reached nearly 6,000.

The Shanghai municipal government said in an online announcement that 5,916 swine carcasses had been retrieved from Huangpu River by 3 p.m. Tuesday, but added that municipal water remains safe.

The surge in the dumping of dead pigs — believed to be from pig farms in the upstream Jiaxing area in the neighboring Zhejiang province — has followed police campaigns to curb the illicit trade of pork products harvested from diseased pigs."

Illegal pork products...hmm...I wonder where those "products" are heading?

Not a big deal for them...they'll chop them up, package them and ship them to a Wal mart near you.

If you think they care what garbage they ship over here for us to eat, think lead paint on toys. If you think our inspectors can put an eye on each piece of meat or poultry that comes into the USA...you might be deluded.

Look up a special report on chicken harvesting and production in China...you will never buy chicken imported from China again...which means you prob shouldn't buy chicken from Wal Mart either.

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 3

I was reading about this, 6000. Hope they find the source before tainted water starts killing people. Which if the water don't get you the air will.

• Like 2