Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained face in picture

maija

post-137950-0-34057000-1363323926_thumb. My friends and I took multiple photos in this location and the strange shape behind the girl in the middle only appeared in this photo. The background is a completely plain dark red curtain. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Photo can be seen here as well: http://i47.tinypic.com/j08mqb.jpg

Edited by maija

It does look freaky but its probably just an illusion from something in the background. If not an object then illusion from a reflection

I know you said you took other pics to but positions and angles can change just enough to show differnt things between shots.

Wow it's a face realy creepy.any thing strange stuff going on the house

hmm any chance of uploading the orginal pic.. not in is shrunk stage.. it makes it a bit hard to zoom into ..

• Like 1

Go back to the location if possible and take an image from the same angle without people there. Then upload that image so we can see if there could be anything behind the lady that could cause such an image.

Interesting picture. I can't access the picture link from my office but will have a closer look later. Initial feeling is that it's something tangable in the background.. Look unusual though!

Very difficult to make out what it is.. Do you have a higher res version of the image?

3v2om.jpg

Here is a photo of just the background, taken with the same camera

Thats a strange picture to take?

Curious as to why that second picture was taken from a very different position and angle.. It would have been much more useful if it was taken from the exact same spot or further back, so we can see the content of the room/hallway..

I have a vague suspicion we are not being fully informed here, and that things that were in that area (or the fact that another person might have been there) are being left out ..or have been moved.. I'll apologise if wrong, but frankly, I can't see how this could ever be positively proven one way or the other.

And no, the tinypic image is no better. What phone/camera and settings were used? I'd also like to see the next and previous images (all at full-size and with exif intact) from the original. If you are serious about getting it investigated, seek help from someone who knows computers and imaging.

Isn't it obvious?

Isn't what obvious? That we didn't get was asked for? That it's an alien/ghost?

lol

..What's hilarious? You were seriously laughing out loud at this?

they were asked for another picture of the area, they got it...

Here's what was asked:

Go back to the location if possible and take an image from the same angle without people there.

Any questions? I think that's pretty specific. Even "obvious".. Even more obvious is that we didn't quite 'get it' - the supplied photo wasn't from the same angle/location.

instead of sounding like pompous accusing morons

Instead of throwing ad hominems, why don't you report any posts you are offended by, rather than call people names on thread?

why not simply ask for another angle?

Did you not read the post? - that's exactly what I did. I repeated the request for 'another angle' and even explained what and why, seeing as the OP didn't seem to understand what was asked earlier.

Chrlzs.. I've come across a lot of your replies lately to other posters. It is clear to see that you are an educated person (a little too educated for the Gold Coast probably) with well developed critical thinking skills. I applaud you for that.

But have you ever thought that maybe... just maybe.. you come across as a bit of a jerk? It is possible to respond to people with intelligently formed arguments without sounding so stern and well.. quite condescending really.

Just a thought anyways. I'm sure I will cop quite a rebuttal in the form of your usual manner of dissecting a post into a dozen quotes, explaining at length where they have failed to impress you.

Have a lovely day.

Sorry, offtopic!!!

Chrlzs.. I've come across a lot of your replies lately to other posters. It is clear to see that you are an educated person (a little too educated for the Gold Coast probably) with well developed critical thinking skills. I applaud you for that.

Thanks. And I see you've visited or live in the Gold Coast.. :D

But have you ever thought that maybe... just maybe.. you come across as a bit of a jerk?

Yep, of course. And, I'm mostly ok with that.. Each to their own, as they say.. That doesn't mean I ignore genuine criticisms.. do read on.

It is possible to respond to people with intelligently formed arguments without sounding so stern and well.. quite condescending really.

That's true. And I try to, with a couple of provisos. The first is very relevant here, and that is that the person making the claim is genuine and is prepared to put in a bit of effort. Here, the OP was politely asked to provide an image from the same place, same angle. And what did we get? One from much closer and at a different angle. Now why do you think that would be? I can only think of two reasons, and the nicer one is that they just don't care all that much about doing this properly..

The second proviso is that the person isn't deliberately trying to stir up people by some form of trolling. That doesn't seem to apply here. And not that it excuses my 'terseness', but I've just come from a thread where the OP was full of insults and smarm before any skeptic had even posted.. (that thread has now been deleted and the offending poster is no longer with us..).

Just a thought anyways.

No problem - I will take your comments on board and maybe lighten up.. just a little... :D

I'm sure I will cop quite a rebuttal in the form of your usual manner of dissecting a post into a dozen quotes, explaining at length where they have failed to impress you.

Yup, you got it!! Thing is, this is where I get a little annoyed at comments like were made here - some posters seem only too happy to NOT post quotes and complain NOT about what was actually posted, but at the TONE in which they perceive it was posted..

I'd invite you to read my posts without a sarcastic twang, and see if they really are as harsh as you think. If not, then can you specifically point out the bit that was offensive?

Finally, may I point out that I come from a science and engineering background. A professional one. One where I was responsible for a lot of critical infrastructure and the people concerned, one where large sums of money were spent (wisely) on projects I was managing or helping to manage. One where there were quite a few charlatans and fraudsters and wannabee money-makers hanging around trying to get a foot in the door.. (It was in the marine sciences, by the way, but involved everything from geology to meteorology to oceanography to photography..) Now in that sort of work, unquestioned ignorance or unnoticed mistakes or false claims can easily hurt people. So, yes, I don't tend to beat around the bush and I may well come across as a jerk or just plain harsh... But life is tough, and I often don't have the time or desire to pussyfoot around. Sure, this is 'just' a forum and i should probably not be so terse.. but then some of the topics presented here are a fair bit more important than you might think.. Oh OK, maybe not this one.. B)

Have a lovely day.

I shall! And so should you and all reading this.. And I genuinely appreciate your feedback.

Charlz... you crack me up.. I thoroughly enjoyed your light hearted retort. I'm glad I didn't get you too ruffled up and I can see your point on many things.

1. There are fools with only 3 posts to their credit that declare that we withhold all logic and reason and 'believe them' because why 'would they lie?' *cough* but then mysteriously fade from the discussion boards leaving us to carry on the banter.

2. I'm from Melbourne and I place Brisbanites only slightly above Adelaidians so it's good to see we share the humour on that one.

3. Your Professional background. I cannot argue with that. My brother is an Electrical Engineer, who although also shares an interest in the mysterious, will debunk me in a matter of moments if I step into the realms of pseudo-science. We both find that the nature of Quantum Mechanics far more 'scary' than any sighting using one's own fallible mind. Maybe there is a link but it is yet to be discovered, so at best it's a tenuous theory.

Possibly I am holding onto ill feelings I hold from a scenario in my youth. I was under the tutorship of a Melbourne University Professor of English. He praised my work all year long so long as the work dealt with heart wrenching human condition stories. One day I handed to him an attempt at 'Science-Fiction', which he promptly tore up and berated me to 'never give me this kind of rubbish again!'. From then on I've held reservations about the emotional capacity of highly educated individuals but I will have to come to terms with that one in my own time!

I suppose my observations come from my overly diplomatic nature, and although I did wince at calling you a 'Jerk', there just may be a time and place where one is required. Like that professor I mentioned. After all, the sci-fi story i wrote was really bad in hindsight. "Battleship Earth" bad....

Carry on Charlz... carry on. Apologies to all for skewing the discussion away from the OP.

Charlz... you crack me up.. I thoroughly enjoyed your light hearted retort. I'm glad I didn't get you too ruffled up and I can see your point on many things.

Thanx - I very much appreciate the spirit of your posts - carry on likewise!

BTW, I'm pretty close to unrufflable - I actually like being criticised as I try to keep re-evaluating and improving.. plus, sometimes (hard as this may be to believe...) people will point out an error I have made! Yes, I know it sounds impossible, but it's true, I have actually been mistaken ..on some very rare occasions :D. Anyway, when that happens I apologise, admit the error, revise my position and learn something new - and that's my absolute favorite pastime! It's interesting to note that admitting error is something that a significant portion of the internet population can't seem to do - I guess they figure that anonymity means you can not only pretend to be well-informed, you actually become perfect and unquestionable... I think you mentioned those sorta folks in point 1..

On posters mysteriously fading, I am sometimes accused (with other skeptical types) of being responsible for people being in some way afraid to bring up weird pictures or ideas, but I have a different view.. First up, these folks are anonymous and can flit away and be reborn with a new avatar in seconds - so what is to be afraid of? Second, UNLESS they know dam well that their pictures/ideas are rubbish, why should they be afraid of finding out the truth of what they have captured? Is it because they have too much invested in their precious images, and they don't like being told that it is nothing of value?

I'm not saying that is what is happening here - indeed, I'd truly like the OP to return and show us that wider view (ie taken from back *behind* where the original image was taken, preferably from a slightly higher viewpoint but at roughly the same angle. I'd also like it, *if* they have since stumbled upon what the 'thing' was, to come back and share that with us and have a laugh. No shame in realising it was Mum's favorite flower vase sitting on a table that was since moved, or that it was actually their forgotten friend Belinda, who was making faces almost out of view... I'd also like it if the OP could find a computer literate friend who could help make the original full-res image available, and maybe take the 'test' shot on a better camera. I'd also like it if the OP could post any images before and after that one, if they contain any relevant content. But at full-resolution and not stripped of exif data.. Don't want much, really.. :) But none of these things are all that difficult to do.

But I guess Maija may instead have 'faded away'. If it was me, I would want to help others investigate, even if I thought their questions were a bit harsh.., but maybe I'm just a tough old boot...

This is Photobomb. But I guess that's not an option is it? Gotta be a ghost.

I can't even see it, I'm no good with these things lol.

That's due to the photo's convenient darkness. Look between the girl on the left and the girl in the middle.

That's due to the photo's convenient darkness. Look between the girl on the left and the girl in the middle.

That white blob? lol. I figured that was something on the wall behind.