Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An explanation of Existence

Arpee

There is only one "thing" and that is Existence. Everything falls into this category. Even if it is something that only exists in the mind, it still exists as an idea.

Existence just exists, to question "why" existence exists, is only something that can happen from the mind, but the mind itself is an existence. For existence to question the purpose of itself is unanswerable. It is beyond existence (non-existence). There is only one sub-category of existence and that is Life.

All things are existence. All life is existence, but not all existence is life.

Life is what causes desires, thoughts, emotions, and intentions.

Existence just exists, so life is an extension of existence (a sub-category of it).

Existence is everything.

Only non-existence is non-existent.

Only existence is existent.

So, in reality, there only is existence and there is no such thing as non-existence.

It is natural for humans and other life-forms to have thoughts, emotions, and intentions, but this is not the true perspective of life. Any Living being which "sees" reality - will always do so though its biases whether it is a human, dog, or other being. Only the perspective of Existence is the true view because it has no biases.

It is to just be and to realize all things as "being", then there is no bias (judgments) in seeing, it just is.

But it is bias and judgment which helps a species to survive. For example, a being will judge something as "dangerous - run away" or "not-dangerous safe". There is nothing run with these biases of life because it helps beings to survive but it is not the true perspective, because the true perspective has no biases.

It will be impossible to fully reach this state as human (or any other being), however, we can get really close to it by learning to "release". When we "release" that which we are holding on to - we learn to just BE.

Allowing the thoughts, desires, and actions to come but to also release it...

• Like 2

Wow it took you a long time in your post to say you exist,having moved to about a dozen other categories.Good Luck mate,you need all you can get.

"I think, therefore I am." - René Descartes

I don't think it's a good idea to justify existence to whether or not you "think". Even if you unconscious you would still exists - you wouldn't be self-aware, but you'd still exists.

Non-existence does not exist, therefore all exists.

Even if you think of a fairy-tale in your mind, that still exists as an idea.

So how do we know if reality is an "illusion" or not?

Easy, it's impossible to be an illusion.

Illusion can only exists if there is something real to compare it to, if everything is not real, then how are we comparing it when there is nothing "real" to compare it to?

It is to just be and to realize all things as "being", then there is no bias (judgments) in seeing, it just is
It will be impossible to fully reach this state as human (or any other being), however, we can get really close to it by learning to "release". When we "release" that which we are holding on to - we learn to just BE.

Nicely stated. I think your OP has merit. Have to go now, but maybe the thread will develop.

Even if you unconscious you would still exists - you wouldn't be self-aware, but you'd still exists.

Can you be sure of that?

Can you be sure of that?

Well, I thought I was, until now.

Got it, stuff exists cause it exists.

Do not confuse "how" with "why".

There could be "ways" that things come into existence, and if a conscious being is creating something there could be a reason (a "why").

By existence in and of itself... just exists...

I don't think it's a good idea to justify existence to whether or not you "think". Even if you unconscious you would still exists - you wouldn't be self-aware, but you'd still exists.

Non-existence does not exist, therefore all exists.

Even if you think of a fairy-tale in your mind, that still exists as an idea.

So how do we know if reality is an "illusion" or not?

Easy, it's impossible to be an illusion.

Illusion can only exists if there is something real to compare it to, if everything is not real, then how are we comparing it when there is nothing "real" to compare it to?

"I am I, for that is the only thing I can truly believe in." - Me

/I can't speak about the state of my mind in the early 80's though. *wink*

Edited by Likely Guy

It is to just be and to realize all things as "being", then there is no bias (judgments) in seeing, it just is

Nicely stated. I think your OP has merit. Have to go now, but maybe the thread will develop.

I liked the way you summarized (quoted) everything I said.

To some, it will seem like I'm explaining "what" existence is.

More importantly I was talking about discerning true reality (existence - everything just is), from the biases which life causes (this is helpful vs this is bad) and the way to get closer to the more true perspective (allowing things to come and release instead of "holding on".)

So, that was a nice summary of it. :tu:

It is next level thinking Arpee. Well done to state it this way. Too many do believe their biases are reality, on some level we all allow our own biases to distort reality. I especially liked how you stated biases evolved to allow us to survive. If we think something is danger we run and live but that is so poweful that when we think something is dumb or too complicated we shut down our minds from that stream of thought without even trying to understand when in fact it could have helped us in life. The less biases we have the more we are open to the world and understanding. In the long term the healthier we will be as individuals and society.

Of course everyone has a natural setting to how much novelty they desire which is exactly what is involved with overcoming our own biases because it demands we accept and even seek new ideas unlike our own.

• Like 1

There is only one "thing" and that is Existence. Everything falls into this category. Even if it is something that only exists in the mind, it still exists as an idea.

Existence just exists, to question "why" existence exists, is only something that can happen from the mind, but the mind itself is an existence. For existence to question the purpose of itself is unanswerable. It is beyond existence (non-existence). There is only one sub-category of existence and that is Life.

All things are existence. All life is existence, but not all existence is life.

Life is what causes desires, thoughts, emotions, and intentions.

Existence just exists, so life is an extension of existence (a sub-category of it).

Existence is everything.

Only non-existence is non-existent.

Only existence is existent.

So, in reality, there only is existence and there is no such thing as non-existence.

It is natural for humans and other life-forms to have thoughts, emotions, and intentions, but this is not the true perspective of life. Any Living being which "sees" reality - will always do so though its biases whether it is a human, dog, or other being. Only the perspective of Existence is the true view because it has no biases.

It is to just be and to realize all things as "being", then there is no bias (judgments) in seeing, it just is.

But it is bias and judgment which helps a species to survive. For example, a being will judge something as "dangerous - run away" or "not-dangerous safe". There is nothing run with these biases of life because it helps beings to survive but it is not the true perspective, because the true perspective has no biases.

If you take all the parallel universes and add them back together what you are left with is not material or energy but potential. That potential is the only thing that actually exists.

That potential is original mind. When that original mind seeks awareness then the illusion of reality is created containing the illusions of self, others and seperate parts.

Deja-vu, which people experience as coming from a place deep down during sleep, is a reversal of the process back to original mind. At that point consciousness is all seeing and all knowing. It is God.

"I think, therefore I am." - René Descartes

Also, "Sometimes I stink, which makes me aware that I AM" - dWolf.

Edit - To the OP, great thread and in my opinion, it's a food for thought. Thanks.

Edited by dlonewolf85

The less biases we have the more we are open to the world and understanding. In the long term the healthier we will be as individuals and society.

And even the idea that we need to be "healthy" is a bias.

This is why I don't "demonize" judgment or desire because I know the intention of the human brain and body is to keep itself alive.

It's important to understand that you are not these biases, desires, intentions, or actions...

Thought is not required for the functioning of the body. You don't have to "think" about moving your hand off of a hot stove. The body will do it intuitively. The body is not you.