Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Tenessee "teachers to inform on gay students"

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

If this this passes, whats next? Having people who ID them selves as LGBT wear badges?

of course, since no country has ever made a certain minority wear badges/etc to single them out to no good end :whistle:

#32    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,502 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 31 January 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

Ohh but "we all know that little Billy wouldn't bully anyone, he's so kind and gentle - you're slandering him by saying that and we'll sue!"
And words to that effect.

The parents. And Lord only knows what they'll do. The reaction'll range from acceptance, verbal abuse, ostracision, physical abuse and murder.

To be fair, it can also lean towards the parents being able to help.  Many children do not realize that parents have wisdom and experiences that they understand.

I'm not saying this would be a good law.   Just pointing out that all parents are not abusive monsters.

#33    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,900 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

View PostMyles, on 31 January 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

To be fair, it can also lean towards the parents being able to help.  Many children do not realize that parents have wisdom and experiences that they understand.

I'm not saying this would be a good law.   Just pointing out that all parents are not abusive monsters.

True, but the point is the state is essentially taking away children's rights to seek information/help from someone they may trust without that trustee being legally obligated to tattle on them.

If the kids don't want their parents to know that's their business, not the state's.

#34    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I think everyone knows my opinion.

Tennessee
Posted Image

Posted Image

~MEH~

#35    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 31 January 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

Surely being a teacher should be similar to being a Priest, in terms of confidentiality at least.

If teaching was anything like being a priest, trust me, I'd pick a different major.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#36    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 31 January 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

Ok......so? Let's just say for giggles, I'm gay and I'm in Tennessee and someone reports me......to whomever is supposed to have this sort of thing reported to them? What's this person going to do? Pray for me? Lay hands on me and drive out the evil demon of homosexuality? What is it that they want to do once they "target" some gay person or lesbian?

Being gay is simply a function of who you are......sort of like being right or left handed or having blue or brown eyes. Hell, in my little back water, po-dunk high school in rural South Carolina in the sixties and more specifically within my own class we had/have eight gay persons. Six male and two female. (please let's don't get all bogged down in correct terminology, Gay/lesbian). Out of a graduating class of one hundred thirty-seven. Granted, I was surprised at a couple of them, but that's really neither here nor there. Had anyone come out back then in that place, at that time, I can assure you someone might have gotten bashed. Hey, rednecks, we had them then and they're still around, ok?

So? What is to be gained by reporting them?

give 'em a gun?  :whistle:

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#37    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

give 'em a gun?  :whistle:

I thought you were against that ?

#38    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 01 February 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

I thought you were against that ?

it's so hard to post sarcasm.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#39    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,494 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

View PostHasina, on 31 January 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

I think everyone knows my opinion.

Tennessee

LOL

Women ain't allowed opinions!  Now stop being silly and go wash those roof slates.

#40    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,494 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

View Postninjadude, on 01 February 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

it's so hard to post sarcasm.

You think that's hard?..... Try posting a mirror!  You'll be lucky if it arrives in 3,000 pieces.

#41    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Sarcasm is reserved for the elite. I type this from my closet and no Im not coming out in Tennessee. No matter what UM I solve while in here !!

#42    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 31 January 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

A wish shared by about 1000 generations. At the end of the day they were always there to hamper human progress.

Sadly, the people who put that law forward most likely felt they were completely doing the right thing. To them, they probably thought they were correcting a problem.

#43    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,494 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 01 February 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

Sadly, the people who put that law forward most likely felt they were completely doing the right thing. To them, they probably thought they were correcting a problem.

Aye.... like the Wannsee Conference.  So many problems and so few solutions.

#44    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

The past has seen passing laws that sounded good to replace what worked.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#45    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,900 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

They probably have a gay/lesbian son/daughter/niece/nephew and didn't like being blindsided both privately(personal life) and publicly(political life) so they took steps to get informed without thought to how the child will feel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users