Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Occum's Razor = some Crop Circles are 'real'

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#331    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

View Postshrooma, on 02 May 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

it's pretty clear that you don't really know much about stonehenge & its environs laver. the stonehenge you see and refer to was built between 2750-2500bc, the 'much more ancient' part refers to the wooden construction, the remains of which, painted circular markers in the carpark, are some distance from the monument. size, and age, nor indeed fame,  have no bearing on your argument of the formation of crop circles. long meg & her daughters in cumbria is only slightly smaller than avebury, much older, and in much better condition, but the aliens seem to overlook it when choosing somewhere to doodle in the bushes.
also, referring to 'myths and legends' as 'facts' is beyond absurd. myths and legends are just that, myths. and legends.
would you call the myth of noah, building an ark and populating it with two of every animal on earth a 'fact'? or how about the legend of sleepy hollow? would you say that a deranged horseman with the head of a pumpkin was an undeniable truth?
there's a world of difference between open-mindedness and gulliability dude, not a fine line.

You clearly did not understand...it is a fact that myths and legends from around the world tell of external influence in the developement of mankind... that is not saying that these myths and legends are facts. That should have been obvious.

#332    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

View Postlaver, on 01 May 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Myths and Legends from around the world all tell of external influence in human developement. These are not inaccurate statements but facts.
about as clear as mud laver.
albeit mud with backtrack marks in.....
;-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#333    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• 1,391 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Occam's Razor would say crop circles are real, but the real question is "how do they come to exist"?

Occam's Razor does not answer that question, it just does logically deduction in order to reach a simple answer.

Considering the fact that the crop circles show formation and heals the plants, the logical answer would be this:

The crop circles are from through controlled radiation (since it is healthy for plants and form complex patterns).

Since it is CONTROLLED radiation forming complex patterns, we can come to two conclusions:

1) Either nature is some how forming these complex patterns

2) And / Or an intelligent life form is artificially creating it. [Whether it is human or not is undetermined]

There is no proof that these designs were formed by aliens but here's an argument that it could be:

Posted Image

1) This crop circle is  gigantic  with accurate binary code and detail for the picture of this alien...

2) This formed over-night and it has perfect detail...

3) It's not likely that nature would form a gigantic detailed picture of a Gray Alien with a message to humanity.
(Yes, Nature forms advanced patterns but it never leaves messages in a computer code like this).

4) Humanity doesn't have the technology make this with such accuracy and detail over one night.

Edited by Arpee, 03 May 2013 - 03:55 PM.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8

#334    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,720 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostArpee, on 03 May 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

4) Humanity doesn't have the technology make this with such accuracy and detail over one night.

Posted Image

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#335    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 03 May 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

There are many crop designs where this method just could not produce the detail present

#336    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,720 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

View Postlaver, on 03 May 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

There are many crop designs where this method just could not produce the detail present

Okay, I'll bite. Can you show me specifically why without resorting to 'it can't because I say it can't'?

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#337    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 03 May 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Okay, I'll bite. Can you show me specifically why without resorting to 'it can't because I say it can't'?
laver, I respect your tenacity in the face of adversity, I really do, but come on man, this is dragging it out so much, you're flogging the proverbial dead horse.
can you not gracefully admit defeat in the face of adversity? hmm?
i'd be more than willing to meet you for a few beers at the red lion in avebury so I could show you around and you could laugh at what's happening, then we'd bugger off down to the stonehenge party, where you'd meet the people who make crop circles, the people who are playing tricks on you, and we can all have a laugh about it as we watch the solstice sunrise at stonehenge? would you be open to accept something like that happening? hmm?
I don't even know if you live in britain, your profile gives nothing away, but if you do, then the first pint's on me, ok?

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#338    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 03 May 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

The post by Arpee explains it, the detail is too great to be created by such a crude tool which is the case for some other designs, particularly binary and say the Pi circle etc

#339    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

View Postshrooma, on 03 May 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

laver, I respect your tenacity in the face of adversity, I really do, but come on man, this is dragging it out so much, you're flogging the proverbial dead horse.
can you not gracefully admit defeat in the face of adversity? hmm?
i'd be more than willing to meet you for a few beers at the red lion in avebury so I could show you around and you could laugh at what's happening, then we'd bugger off down to the stonehenge party, where you'd meet the people who make crop circles, the people who are playing tricks on you, and we can all have a laugh about it as we watch the solstice sunrise at stonehenge? would you be open to accept something like that happening? hmm?
I don't even know if you live in britain, your profile gives nothing away, but if you do, then the first pint's on me, ok?

There are clearly folk making crop circles but that is not to say that they are making ALL crop circles as the evidence would suggest this is not the case.

Thank you for your kind offer but I live far away..... Cloud Cuckoo Land according to many posters on UM....!

#340    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,720 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

I for one, would like to see some actual measured data to confirm the so-called 'perfect' accuracy and detail of some of these crop circles. Surely it can't be from just looking at a picture of a crop circle taken from a few hundred feet in the air, right? That's no way to assess perfection is it? What is the margin of error on the very best crop circle out there?

*Edit to add: If the margin of error is say, a few inches (which would be very impressive, given the scale) then why couldn't someone bending crops with a plank of wood simply use their hand or foot for the more intricate parts? That's not really too much of a leap now is it?

Edited by Slave2Fate, 04 May 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#341    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 04 May 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I for one, would like to see some actual measured data to confirm the so-called 'perfect' accuracy and detail of some of these crop circles. Surely it can't be from just looking at a picture of a crop circle taken from a few hundred feet in the air, right? That's no way to assess perfection is it? What is the margin of error on the very best crop circle out there?

*Edit to add: If the margin of error is say, a few inches (which would be very impressive, given the scale) then why couldn't someone bending crops with a plank of wood simply use their hand or foot for the more intricate parts? That's not really too much of a leap now is it?

Actually, the accuracy of crap circles is quite easy to determine. Take the distance of the observer and multiply that by the believer squared. Divide that by the square root of gullibility, then factor in the need to express the need to display ignorance.

And don't forget to carry the 2. :tu:

#342    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,720 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PosttheSOURCE, on 04 May 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Actually, the accuracy of crap circles is quite easy to determine. Take the distance of the observer and multiply that by the believer squared. Divide that by the square root of gullibility, then factor in the need to express the need to display ignorance.

And don't forget to carry the 2. :tu:

:lol:

Hopefully that 2 isn't heavy, I don't want to carry it too far. :P

#343    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 04 May 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

:lol:

Hopefully that 2 isn't heavy, I don't want to carry it too far. :P

Me so very buzzed now.

Hell, p*ss a circle in the snow and tell me that alienz did it and I just might believe you.

That is, until tomorrow's hangover. :cry: :w00t:

#344    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostArpee, on 03 May 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

1) This crop circle is  gigantic  with accurate binary code and detail for the picture of this alien...
do you what the exact measurements are? Gigantic isn't very presice. How do you know the picture of the alien is accurate? Have you seen an alien before?

#345    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

View Postlaver, on 04 May 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

The post by Arpee explains it, the detail is too great to be created by such a crude tool which is the case for some other designs, particularly binary and say the Pi circle etc
Did you observe or investigate the formation in the field?  If not you are merely making the assumptions of a believer.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users