Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How the CIA tried to create cyborg cat spies

Still Waters

In the 1960s, the Central Intelligence Agency recruited an unusual field agent: a cat. In an hour-long procedure, a veterinary surgeon transformed the furry feline into an elite spy, implanting a microphone in her ear canal and a small radio transmitter at the base of her skull, and weaving a thin wire antenna into her long gray-and-white fur. This was Operation Acoustic Kitty, a top-secret plan to turn a cat into a living, walking surveillance machine. The leaders of the project hoped that by training the feline to go sit near foreign officials, they could eavesdrop on private conversations.

http://io9.com/the-c...spies-453478752

Too bad it cost them 20 million dollar ( remember, this was the 80's) for it to be run over by a car during the first test when the cat was fully "finished".

Served them right.

• Like 2

I think read about that here a couple of years ago. evil.

• Like 2

Who says it ended here. Marine animals cats dogs . These people are despicable .

PEOPLE SUCK !!!

• Like 3

They will do anything they can to spy on people. Which now they have their drones to do the job.

• Like 1

It is appalling but also kind of humorous in some way if one could ignore their methods. The thought wander how it would look like?

Maybe like this moggy? Look how he moves a few steps and freeze every time the camera moves out of view and back. A regular James Bond. :)

http://youtu.be/fzzjgBAaWZw

• Like 1

lolololololol cats

That's a ridiculous idea having cats as spies!! There'e no way can you trust a cat lol

Obviously most of them are not pet lovers or ever owned a cat. They have minds of their own and probably think of their humans as THEIR pets. I hate all those warmongering sots.

• Like 1

I remember many times hearing the phrase "I wish I were a fly on the wall"

Guess at some point that will be a reality, with nano-tech, micro-implants, and all.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

I'm with minera on this. I hate humans using animals this way.

dude what is seriously wrong with humans and people????????humanity not all but like half of humanity is p***ing me off and I try honestly sincerely to look at the positive side of humanity but humanity makes it really hard.I hope the ones that are trying to turn animals into spies and etc well I hope they pay and get punished soon soon im not talking about some weak sauce punishment method either!!!the CIA and the government must be really paranoid and scared

Cats are inherently curious and enjoy their own agenda. They would rather explore a maze than get to the food at the end, life is a journey not a destination.

There's a reason something difficult is referred to as "like trying to herd cats".

Well duh! The CIA should have asked ANYONE with a pet cat if this was a good idea before they went and put receivers into their skulls, any cats human would have told you they do what they want when they want and aside from dousing the target in tuna oil, which would kind of give the whole gig away, cats will not pay attention to what you want them to! Lol!

How would that be a good idea. Felix... stop playing with that string and get on the mission, no live the piece of hot dog alone it's not a toy, please stop chasing the red dot, oh dear he found the catnip again,

Giving a cat, a bag of tricks leads to trouble.

was 'operation acoustic kitty' REALLY the best 'let's head 'em off at the pass/double secret codename' they could come up with??

operation 'spy cat with transmitter in skull' would be only slightly less misleading.....

Edited by shrooma

dude what is seriously wrong with humans and people????????humanity not all but like half of humanity is p***ing me off and I try honestly sincerely to look at the positive side of humanity but humanity makes it really hard.I hope the ones that are trying to turn animals into spies and etc well I hope they pay and get punished soon soon im not talking about some weak sauce punishment method either!!!the CIA and the government must be really paranoid and scared

Go travelling Starseed,i promise you people are inherently good

Go travelling Starseed,i promise you people are inherently good

I take it, like the rest of us, you don't include politicians in the term 'people' then....?

:-)