Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Who do non-Americans want for US President?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,324 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

View PostCoffey, on 04 November 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

LMFAO........

I hate the way the system works, you cna only vote for a select few who are all rubbish. You don't truly have any big effect on the goverment.

Cool Video. I saw the other day that the percentage of US citizens living under the Poverty Line has not changed by even a fraction of a percentage point since 2008. People keep claiming things are better and that Obama is due to accolades, but who exactly is better off? The Poor (No change), the Middle Class (No Change) or the Rich (Richer?). Why do the poor and the minorities and anyone with a brain think to vote for this guy? He's done next to nothing for them in 2012 practical terms. Savings 4, 8, or 20 years down the Road? How does that help starving Joe now? Why does Joe keep voting for this guy? The only reason I see is that Obama pulls out the Celebrity Factor everywhere he goes. People love celebrites and take their uneducated opinons WAY to seriously then they deserve.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#17    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

As an English girl I don't know much about US politics, nor am I that interested. However given a choice based on the little I know, I would choose Obama over Mitt the Twit, as Obama is not a religious nut and seems like a good guy.

#18    Pulsar_J

Pulsar_J

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Obama. Admittedly, I have been known to be a terrible judge of character though. It's purely based on that video leak of Romney's. I don't know enough about both sides.

Savvy?

#19    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,841 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostVein Capital, on 04 November 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

I think most non-Americans have a limited and superficial understanding of our history and our values, and therefore make superficial and uninformed judgements regarding what we do to protect what is most important to us.
You mean invade and Bomb? Yes, i'm afraid other countries do tend to look askance at that.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#20    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

i would vote for obama. no reason in particular i just really like the guy. and president romney just dont sound right.

Edited by serial slasher, 04 November 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#21    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,546 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

View Post747400, on 04 November 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

You mean invade and Bomb? Yes, i'm afraid other countries do tend to look askance at that.
that's unfair, they also ask others to help them invade and bomb.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#22    Mallaliak

Mallaliak

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

In this election I'd throw my vote in with Obama.

"Actually I would consider predator detection a major driving factor, being eaten has major disadvantages to spreading your genes." - Mattshark

#23    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,841 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostBling, on 04 November 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

As an English girl I don't know much about US politics, nor am I that interested. However given a choice based on the little I know, I would choose Obama over Mitt the Twit, as Obama is not a religious nut and seems like a good guy.
it's ironic that in certain circles of the Republican party, that's one of the things that people hold against him: that he's not an ovetly Bible bashing God fearing Biblical literalist, so obviously he must be a Muslim .... :no:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#24    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,418 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

in related news:

CBN said:

Obama leads at 'nearly foolproof' vote in iconic Paris bar

PARIS - President Barack Obama is leading against challenger Mitt Romney in a straw poll at Harry's Bar, an iconic Paris watering hole which has held a vote ahead of US elections since 1924 and only got the results wrong twice.

The birthplace of the Bloody Mary and the haunt of the likes of Ernest Hemingway and Francis Scott Fitzgerald, Harry's New York Bar -- a small corner of Manhattan in the heart of Paris -- is the best election soothsayer, its owner said.

"We are the most dependable opinion poll," said Isabelle MacElhone with a wink, speaking of the more that 100-year-old institution.

The only two failed results were the 1976 election won by Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush's 2004 victory.

Read more

I might not know who non-Americans want, but it seems evident who Americans not in the USA want.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#25    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

My vote would go on Ron Paul.

He's not perfect but as I've said before he's a Man surrounded by Demons. metaphorical of course)

He understands what the US needs in terms of Military action, the truth about the Middle East and has better ideas to fix the econemy. I don't un derstand why the US public doesn't vote for him, he'd stop the impending war on Iran and pull all the troops home.

View PostDieChecker, on 04 November 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Cool Video. I saw the other day that the percentage of US citizens living under the Poverty Line has not changed by even a fraction of a percentage point since 2008. People keep claiming things are better and that Obama is due to accolades, but who exactly is better off? The Poor (No change), the Middle Class (No Change) or the Rich (Richer?). Why do the poor and the minorities and anyone with a brain think to vote for this guy? He's done next to nothing for them in 2012 practical terms. Savings 4, 8, or 20 years down the Road? How does that help starving Joe now? Why does Joe keep voting for this guy? The only reason I see is that Obama pulls out the Celebrity Factor everywhere he goes. People love celebrites and take their uneducated opinons WAY to seriously then they deserve.

Very well said and completely agree. :tu:

Edited by Coffey, 04 November 2012 - 01:05 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#26    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

I honestly do not care much. I am sure our countries will always have a strong bond, and both have to be very careful about their presidentship. It's rough times for a US president.

#27    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,453 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 04 November 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

How so?
The election is a farse because in reality americans have been given so few choices that you'd may-as-well not have an election.
Obama and Romney have been brought & payed for by big banks and buisiness, and by law they don't even have to declare their "owners"?
Sure there are third party candidates, but they are so largely ignored by the media that I would wager that most americans wont even know their names until they see them on the ballots and go "Dang? who's them?"

Also, when a-holes like romney own the companies that conduct some of the balot counting your just asking for trouble. & the fact the through a stupid electrol collage system that allows for senarios whereby the candidate with the most votes might still loose the race you have the question "Why bother?" imo, America the free is no longer.. There is no such thing as democracy anymore.

#28    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,453 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostBracket, on 04 November 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

It's corrupt everywhere. :rolleyes:

yep, that's true. But at least some nations are trying to end the corruption.

#29    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,036 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

Why am I not surprised by the results here?  I may have missed one, but it seems that Obama is big overseas.  That is why I voted for someone else.  And this proves that people of like kind are attracted to each other.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#30    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostRavenHawk, on 05 November 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

Why am I not surprised by the results here?  I may have missed one, but it seems that Obama is big overseas.  That is why I voted for someone else.  And this proves that people of like kind are attracted to each other.

Obama is big over seas because he's black... at least partially anyhow.  His mother is whiter than mine,

Edited by acidhead, 05 November 2012 - 06:34 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users