Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New EU President Confirms Global Government

acidhead

EU President Herman Von Rompuy recently put it:

“2009 is also the first year of global governance, with the establishment of the G20 in the middle of the financial crisis. The climate conference in Copenhagen is another step towards the global management of our planet.”

Watch:

Longer version:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MARAB0D

• Stellar

• Roughneck

• trinitylight

Yeh... well If our Prezz does not speak in Haiku he is little coherent. No need to be scared.

I'm watching firefox with clint eastwood, is this really the world we want,

zyour pappperzs pleeze. <_<well he did say pleeze??

Global Governance? Can the Book of Revelation be far behind?

he said "governance" and mentioned G20, so what is wrong? he did not say "World government", if this is the point made in the OP. 5 UNSC members, 8 richest nations, 9 industrial economies... - all these groups failed to manage the global issues on the planet, means practically the initial UN founders gradually lost global control, at least economical, and had to start working in expanded format of 20 strongest countries. This is only the increase of international cooperation, no more!

he said "governance" and mentioned G20, so what is wrong? he did not say "World government", if this is the point made in the OP. 5 UNSC members, 8 richest nations, 9 industrial economies... - all these groups failed to manage the global issues on the planet, means practically the initial UN founders gradually lost global control, at least economical, and had to start working in expanded format of 20 strongest countries. This is only the increase of international cooperation, no more!

It seems to be only a stone's throw away.

I do have a question though... Why is a one world government so bad? No one has ever explained this to me...

I do have a question though... Why is a one world government so bad? No one has ever explained this to me...

It's not. Most people simply don't want our current leaders with more power. It isn't the concept, its the implementation.

Noone says one world government is necessarily bad - it is just at the present century it is unrealistic. I guess we must wait till 2500s, because at the moment there is absolutely no conditions for such government to exist. Unless of course some nuclear Napoleon comes and installs it by force, but this would result in the loss of 5/6th of potential citizens. Each of the mentioned 20 governments would absolutely agree on World Government, provided this country would be ruling the others. :)

Meanwhile if you think about what is such thing as "commodity", then you would see the current valuable irreplaceable commodities are minerals, hydrocarbons, coal, fresh water and arable lands. These commodities are not evenly distributed, so some countries have more of them and some less; why would a country with more commodities share them with the ones with less commodities? This world government idea falls short from Communism - so why not to try first taking the money from those richer and giving them to those poorer? When the result of such exercise is assessed, then it would be much easier to repeat the same with the countries on the planet. I wonder if there are some countries-volunteers for such test represented anyhow here?

Edited by marabod

Well if all the country leaders get together and make decisions, isn't that a form of global governance?

Because...in the first place it will never happen...or let me elaborate...it will 'try' to happen but will not be achieved. Europe can't get along now with itself...how does anyone think putting it and the rest of the world under one rule will make 'it all go away'? Does anyone really think Islam is going to set around the campfire and sing Kum Ba Ya with the rest of the world? You folks that don't want any religion... :D you tell that to Islam...or have 'separation of church and state'...I mean really....this is hillarious...what you gonna do...send the French and Italian Army to 'tidy' up those pesky goat herders in the middle east? Maybe...we can educate them to submission...or if we can get those damn Americans and British trouble makers out of the way Islam will settle down to quaint little villages and oasis for the ruling class to visit spend a holiday.

It will never take root...but many people will suffer herrific hardship because of a few psycho's living in another world..with too much money and time on their hands.

You are talking about the same people that have embraced the 'false science' of global warming to gain more power. this is only a sample of why..'we don't need a one world government'. I'm sure there are those on this site that can give much more.

seax B)

Because...in the first place it will never happen...or let me elaborate...it will 'try' to happen but will not be achieved. Europe can't get along now with itself...how does anyone think putting it and the rest of the world under one rule will make 'it all go away'? Does anyone really think Islam is going to set around the campfire and sing Kum Ba Ya with the rest of the world? You folks that don't want any religion... :D you tell that to Islam...or have 'separation of church and state'...I mean really....this is hillarious...what you gonna do...send the French and Italian Army to 'tidy' up those pesky goat herders in the middle east? Maybe...we can educate them to submission...or if we can get those damn Americans and British trouble makers out of the way Islam will settle down to quaint little villages and oasis for the ruling class to visit spend a holiday.

It will never take root...but many people will suffer herrific hardship because of a few psycho's living in another world..with too much money and time on their hands.

You are talking about the same people that have embraced the 'false science' of global warming to gain more power. this is only a sample of why..'we don't need a one world government'. I'm sure there are those on this site that can give much more.

seax B)

Its enough to imagine the "global government" installing and enfocing "global Law" :lol: So Hindus, Jews, Spanish and Amazon Indians would have one the same legislation. We of course can use this process "in stages" - say to ask the Hindus to bomb the Spanish until they agree to stop killing holy cows in corrida, or to ask the Jews to bomb the Hindus for them to stop eating pork and start eating beef instead... Kinda idiotism, is not it? And what would we need one government for if we would all have different laws?

Why would we have different laws?

Noone says one world government is necessarily bad - it is just at the present century it is unrealistic. I guess we must wait till 2500s, because at the moment there is absolutely no conditions for such government to exist. Unless of course some nuclear Napoleon comes and installs it by force, but this would result in the loss of 5/6th of potential citizens. Each of the mentioned 20 governments would absolutely agree on World Government, provided this country would be ruling the others. :)

Meanwhile if you think about what is such thing as "commodity", then you would see the current valuable irreplaceable commodities are minerals, hydrocarbons, coal, fresh water and arable lands. These commodities are not evenly distributed, so some countries have more of them and some less; why would a country with more commodities share them with the ones with less commodities? This world government idea falls short from Communism - so why not to try first taking the money from those richer and giving them to those poorer? When the result of such exercise is assessed, then it would be much easier to repeat the same with the countries on the planet. I wonder if there are some countries-volunteers for such test represented anyhow here?

I really do not think it is as un-realistic as you believe it to be, however I do agree with an above post that the so called current leaders that would run that order are less then enjoyed. As another post mentioned an orginazation grouping respectively elected leaders to govern the whole, what is wrong with this and is it not already in the route of becoming.... NATO....

And Stellar.... I just love your one-line thought provoking questions :lol:

Another thought, who said this one world order is not allready here and has been for 100's with its own issues a civil disputes and that those disputes and issues are reflected in the goverments of the masses.... uppps consperacies!

HU-HU

Why would we have different laws?

Because, believe it or not, there are some people in this world who, for instance, think rape-victims should be stoned for adultery, and would gladly go to war to defend that little law of theirs.

Its enough to imagine the "global government" installing and enfocing "global Law" :lol: So Hindus, Jews, Spanish and Amazon Indians would have one the same legislation. We of course can use this process "in stages" - say to ask the Hindus to bomb the Spanish until they agree to stop killing holy cows in corrida, or to ask the Jews to bomb the Hindus for them to stop eating pork and start eating beef instead... Kinda idiotism, is not it? And what would we need one government for if we would all have different laws?

I for one would not accept any form of goverment that is based or support theocracy as you are referring in the above. Religion is too diverse and any goverment that has any bases in religion is destined to fail over time.

Because, believe it or not, there are some people in this world who, for instance, think rape-victims should be stoned for adultery, and would gladly go to war to defend that little law of theirs.

Again we speak of theocracy and with any religion... education has away of doing away with ignorance and in the theocratic societies you mention.... many a young woman and man is begining to see through the ignorance of those societies. All things in time, out of the old comes the new. I believe that on the precipice of destruction, we change!

I for one would not accept any form of goverment that is based or support theocracy as you are referring in the above. Religion is too diverse and any goverment that has any bases in religion is destined to fail over time.

Religions? I was talking about common perceptions within one nation, not about religions! The shear stupidity of world government idea can be demonstrated by million means, but for me it would be easier to give the example of Russia which I know well. This funny country has 1/6th or 1/7th of planet surface, a tiny fraction of world population, indefinite resources of gas, oil, coal, timber, gold, platinum, rhodium, iron, manganese, chrome, nickel, copper, vanadium etc etc, and massive nuclear force to protect all this. Just try to explain to me, how would you make this country interested in sharing all this huge natural wealth with, say, Zimbabwe or European Union or with any other basket case? Is not it better to sell these commodities rather than giving them away? One must be a naturally born clown to come there and try to cheat them to internationalise all what their nation was conquering and exploring for the previous 1000 years!

The really funny part is that it is those countries, whose economies are suffocating from the lack of resources, are day-dreaming about some "world government", while those who have these resources are only laughing at this pipe dream. I wish to look how world government would domesticate some Saudi Arabia - :lol:

It seems to be only a stone's throw away.

It has been a "stone's throw" away for a century now.

It has been a "stone's throw" away for a century now.

LOL, its exactly like the horizon - one can walk towards it for the entire life :)

Sure, but I do think that eventually we can have a one world government fully functional on one set of laws... whether it is by the annihilation of those who oppose those laws, or by changing their mind.

Yeah, because it's super simple, easy and realistic to just kill the billions of people who don't agree with you.

Well if all the country leaders get together and make decisions, isn't that a form of global governance?

Quite correct....but don't let the tinfoil brigade know that...they think global governance is the takeover of some nebulous meanies that will forbid the use of their hats to brain control them.

Religions? I was talking about common perceptions within one nation, not about religions! The shear stupidity of world government idea can be demonstrated by million means, but for me it would be easier to give the example of Russia which I know well. This funny country has 1/6th or 1/7th of planet surface, a tiny fraction of world population, indefinite resources of gas, oil, coal, timber, gold, platinum, rhodium, iron, manganese, chrome, nickel, copper, vanadium etc etc, and massive nuclear force to protect all this. Just try to explain to me, how would you make this country interested in sharing all this huge natural wealth with, say, Zimbabwe or European Union or with any other basket case? Is not it better to sell these commodities rather than giving them away? One must be a naturally born clown to come there and try to cheat them to internationalise all what their nation was conquering and exploring for the previous 1000 years!

Well said Marabod... :tu:

seax B)