Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

The alarm clock that won't turn off until you

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,946 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

www.dailymail.co.uk said:

Anyone addicted to the snooze button will view this alarm clock design as one of Satan's instruments from Hell.

The Ramos Alarm Clock, from Paul Sammut, is fiendishly designed so that the slumbering victim has to physically leave bed and enter a PIN code into a wireless panel to silence the buzzer.

Clearly aimed at heavy sleepers with mashochistic tendencies, the clock's manufacturers suggest placing the PIN code panel as far away as possible, such as another room.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,227 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

My co-worker needs this. She is always late for work.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

That would be going out the window at 5:30am when I can't remember the pin-code :)

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,184 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:49 AM

View PostKryso, on 20 February 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

That would be going out the window at 5:30am when I can't remember the pin-code :)
It wouldn't get off so easy at my place.  I would wake up by meticulously destroying the thing while using words that my neighbors might not approve of :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    _CHE2_

_CHE2_

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

• The real mystery is why some people are so gullible

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

This is stupid....I have an app on my Android phone where I have to solve math problems before I can turn my alarm clock off - I have had this for months!

#6    Pandachoko

Pandachoko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

if you buy this, put this into to parents bedroom, only you know the code :D and lock their door :) now you have chaos :)

#7    angi chiesa

angi chiesa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

what a brilliant bit of kit. My maid is always late with my breakfast,but now my Jungle Bunny will have to get out of bed.. Come to think of it she will probably sleep through it.I am going to make an alarm that tips the bed over . Shake ,rattle and roll baby.........

#8    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,183 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

When I was younger I used to keep my alarm clock on the other side of the room and that seemed to work for me.

Now that I'm older I always seem to wake up before the damn thing goes off anyway.

If someone really wants to invent something cool then they should invent an alcohol interlock device for Facebook to keep people from drunkposting. :tu:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#9    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,553 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

Reminds me of the Baseball Alarm clock, an alarm clock built into a baseball.  When it went off, you would throw it against a wall.  15 minutes later, it would start again, this time louder, and you had to get up and look for wherever it rolled under to turn it off.

#10    Flawsious

Flawsious

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

They will be out of business by the end of the year lol. I always wake up 5 min before the alarm goes off anyway ;).

Edited by Flawsious, 21 February 2012 - 01:58 PM.

#11    Magic Stars

Magic Stars

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• Nobody's a virgin. Life screws us all.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

People who love a late lie in would only end up getting pissed with that new alarm clock and bringing a hammer to it. I know I probably would. :D

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,184 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 21 February 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

When I was younger I used to keep my alarm clock on the other side of the room and that seemed to work for me.

Now that I'm older I always seem to wake up before the damn thing goes off anyway.

If someone really wants to invent something cool then they should invent an alcohol interlock device for Facebook to keep people from drunkposting. :tu:
It would save many a friendship Biff :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#13    Sormac

Sormac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

View Postangi chiesa, on 21 February 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

what a brilliant bit of kit. My maid is always late with my breakfast,but now my Jungle Bunny will have to get out of bed.. Come to think of it she will probably sleep through it.I am going to make an alarm that tips the bed over . Shake ,rattle and roll baby.........

Nice racial slur. Really cool.

#14    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,753 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

Wouldn't it be simpler (and cheaper) to make (or buy, if they already exist) an alarm clock without a snooze button?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#15    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,028 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 21 February 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

I did almost the same - had it in the hallway outside my bedroom (always slept with the door open anyways).  It worked a charm, I should do it again - but my innards rebel at the notion "noooooooo ".

Yes drunkposting can lead to some interesting brain farts online I noticed :w00t: .

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users