Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lance Armstrong to come clean to Oprah

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Not surprised,Why not try to milk as much money from the fat.....Oprah show,He's a loser and so is she,why not put the two together and confess their sins together.I just wish they would both just vanish from the face of the Earth.JMO.

#17    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,224 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

After a decade of denial, Lance Armstrong has finally come clean: He used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France.

http://abcnews.go.co...-staff-18212858

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#18    burkorobe

burkorobe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to come clean.

#19    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Somehow I just can't seem to care about this, I mean...it was riding a bicycle, not that important.

#20    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,498 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

View PostWoIverine, on 16 January 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

Somehow I just can't seem to care about this, I mean...it was riding a bicycle, not that important.
He did turn that cycle riding into an industry, he did use it as inspiration for millions.
And he did commit perjury, however apparently the statute of limitations on that past at the beginning of January.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#21    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 16 January 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

He did turn that cycle riding into an industry, he did use it as inspiration for millions.
And he did commit perjury, however apparently the statute of limitations on that past at the beginning of January.

Understood, but still, meh, just don't have any fire for this one. Will have to revisit it tomorrow I think.

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,224 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

They say he made over 100 million dollars in about a decade winning races.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#23    socrates.junior

socrates.junior

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

• Nothing is worse than active ignorance. - Goethe

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

He was doping.

Everyone was doping. He was the person who worked the hardest, who won 7 Tour de France titles in a row. Does anyone know how unprecedented that is in endurance sports? If you want to be morally outraged, don't focus it on Lance. Focus on the cycling culture, focus on the governing body, focus on the cyclists. Not just one cyclist.

The man was an incredible athlete, and I will always respect that. He also used performance enhancing drugs, and I will never respect that.

When it all weighs out, I'm still defending Lance. I might be an idiot for doing it, but I'm doing it.

I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone to just sit there and agree with me, that's not their job. -Margaret Thatcher

#24    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,595 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

View Postsocrates.junior, on 16 January 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

He was doping.

Everyone was doping. He was the person who worked the hardest, who won 7 Tour de France titles in a row. Does anyone know how unprecedented that is in endurance sports? If you want to be morally outraged, don't focus it on Lance. Focus on the cycling culture, focus on the governing body, focus on the cyclists. Not just one cyclist.

The man was an incredible athlete, and I will always respect that. He also used performance enhancing drugs, and I will never respect that.

When it all weighs out, I'm still defending Lance. I might be an idiot for doing it, but I'm doing it.
I'll support him rhetorically despite his doping.  Monetarily I hope his lunch gets eaten.  He signed and signed for millions and millions, and on those contracts, he swore he didn't dope.  He even sued and won when one sponsor pulled his $$ over the allegations.   It's not so much the doping that irks me, it's all that damned lying.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#25    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,121 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

I may not agree with everything Lance Armstrong has done, but I have to give him credit for having the 'ball' to come clean. :P

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#26    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

It will be interesting to see what the fallout will be.  The interview looked taped - not in front of a studio audience. His lawyers were nearby.  This is probably not going to be a full confession. Just enough to try to mitigate the damage.

I just feel a little bit sorry for his wife and kids. But they are quite wealthy at this point so I'm not going to dwell on their problems.  I have my own life to worry about.

Edited by little_dreamer, 16 January 2013 - 03:39 PM.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#27    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Props to PlanB for this phrasing.
Edit: oh and Biff! Saw he did a 'ball' gag as well. -ba-dum-tsh-

I want to kick Lance Armstrong in the ball.

Edited by Hasina, 16 January 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#28    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

You guys are all nut!

#29    Catti-Brie

Catti-Brie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• I am a loose piece of the universe that has become aware momentarily.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Lance Armstrong should go down and be forgotten, in my opinion. More than the doping and the blood transfusions, I am irked by his self-rightous (and repeated) lying.

He should come clean, but that will not make him a good man overnight. It will never be enough for the victims of his smearing--He's a bully, who trash talked, intimidated, and silenced people who disagreed with what he and his cronies were doing.

#30    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, he dropped the ball on this one.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users