Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Venezuela's Hugo Chavez dies aged 58

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,986 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

The CIA killed him.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#32    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,937 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 06 March 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

The CIA killed him.
No, it was George Bush.  Bush does everything, just ask Obummer.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#33    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,386 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

Careful... Or George will get you too.....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#34    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 06 March 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

The CIA killed him.

With their freedom guided cancer rockets!

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#35    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 12,093 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Venezuela’s oligarchs froth at the mouth with their hatred of Chavez, but the truth is his government has barely touched them. The top rate of tax is just 34 per cent, and tax evasion is rampant. Why do they despise him? As Chavez’s vice-minister for Europe, Temir Porras, puts it to me, it’s because “the people who clean their houses are now politically more important than them”. Under Chavez, the poor have become a political power that cannot be ignored: no wonder even Capriles at least claimed he would leave the social programmes intact.
Chavez’s critics in the West are entitled to passionately disagree with him. But it’s time they stopped pretending he is a dictator. Chavez has won fair and square. Despite formidable obstacles, he has proved it is possible to lead a popular, progressive government that breaks with neo-liberal dogma. Perhaps that is why he is so hated after al

http://www.independe...action_ref_map=[]

Anyone who stands for principles different to Neo-Liberalism is portrayed as a tyrant. I personally don't buy it for a second.

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#36    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,937 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 06 March 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

http://www.independe...action_ref_map=[]

Anyone who stands for principles different to Neo-Liberalism is portrayed as a tyrant. I personally don't buy it for a second.
Just a few questions: Under Chavez, how many poor Venezuelan's (after all, he and his supporters justified everything he did because "he was helping the poor") had the ability to travel abroad for cancer treatment?  Were more of them able to?  Did any of them?  Why not?  Apparently he had $2 billion, so there was more than enough money to send quite a few cancer-ridden poor Venezuelans to some of the best treatment facilities in the world.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#37    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,322 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostIamsSon, on 06 March 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

Just a few questions: Under Chavez, how many poor Venezuelan's (after all, he and his supporters justified everything he did because "he was helping the poor") had the ability to travel abroad for cancer treatment?  Were more of them able to?  Did any of them?  Why not?  Apparently he had $2 billion, so there was more than enough money to send quite a few cancer-ridden poor Venezuelans to some of the best treatment facilities in the world.
Dude.  If you really believe that the poor of venezuela were worse off after Chavez than before Chavez then you need to do some research before flapping your gums.  Don't get me wrong, when I first started hearing about Chavez and his attitude towards my beloved country I was ready to believe this guy is nothing but a piece of feces, but it really didn't take much research to discover that this guy was actually good for the majority of a people who's poor have historically been very downtrodden.  He really was a champion of the people and believe me, I generally have a very low opinion of anyone who wants power and that goes double for marxists.

You're just uninformed and ridiculous though.

#38    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,937 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostOverSword, on 06 March 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Dude.  If you really believe that the poor of venezuela were worse off after Chavez than before Chavez then you need to do some research before flapping your gums.  Don't get me wrong, when I first started hearing about Chavez and his attitude towards my beloved country I was ready to believe this guy is nothing but a piece of feces, but it really didn't take much research to discover that this guy was actually good for the majority of a people who's poor have historically been very downtrodden.  He really was a champion of the people and believe me, I generally have a very low opinion of anyone who wants power and that goes double for marxists.

You're just uninformed and ridiculous though.
I guess Venezuelan's are uninformed about their own country then because I have spoken to quite a few of them, from upper middle-class business owners who moved out of the country to a few guys who were most likely illegally in the US, and there was one thing they agreed on, unless you were one of Chave's buddies, life sucked for you.  But I'm sure you know better somehow.

I noticed you didn't even attempt to answer any of the questions.  Is it so difficult to realize that a guy who robbed his countrymen of $2 billion was only a champion to himself?

Edited by IamsSon, 06 March 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#39    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,322 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

:innocent:  I have a friend of a friend who says.........Oh c'mon.  Do some research from independant sources.  You have google, come up with a query read.  Or better yet, tell me what you friends cousins brother says.

Edited by OverSword, 06 March 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#40    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,690 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

I would like to know of any country that provides free healthcare (something Chavez ensured was provided for all Venezuelans almost immediately after he was elected, along with free education for all, and a lot of other beneficial things) to their citizens, that would fork out the money for surgeries abroad. I don't think the NHS or Canadians have a habit of doing so.

Apparently he had $2b? According to who? Some isolated group who just happened to be based out of North Virginia? Hmm, what other U.S. organisations, who also happen to have hated Chavez, are based in North Virginia?

Basically, what Oversword said. Read about the man from non biased sources and you'll understand that what he did for the poor of his country is unparalleled. And to rely on what a few people have said is really just idiotic. That's like me going into Glasgow and asking 4 people about the country, then taking their word as gospel - you've carried out the smallest poll in the world and are headstrong in your belief that it is the truth. Do some research.

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 06 March 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#41    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,322 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Also I apologize, I was just having fun man.

#42    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 12,093 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Not really the point - he lifted millions from abject poverty into a secure state. The fact that most couldn't afford to go to private clinics is not indicative of anything. How many Americans can afford to travel abroad for private treatment - not many.
Measure him by what he achieved for his people - which was a lot - and they genuinely loved him for it which is more than can be said for almost any western leader.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#43    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

it's amusing how his supporters and people close to him kept saying
" he was alright his health improving "
" all rumors about his situation is wrong and absurd "
" he's taking chemo treatment and he's in good health and high spirit "
and poof he's dead .. not that am complaining

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#44    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,834 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Speaking as an American for whom he held much animosity, his passing is a tragedy for his family but a net gain for my country.  The man was working with Ahmadinejad to help create ballistic missile launch sites in our hemisphere ( http://communities.w...base-venezuela/)
He was just another thug who played Robin Hood as far as I'm concerned.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#45    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,811 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

View Postand then, on 07 March 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Speaking as an American for whom he held much animosity, his passing is a tragedy for his family but a net gain for my country.  The man was working with Ahmadinejad to help create ballistic missile launch sites in our hemisphere ( http://communities.w...base-venezuela/)
He was just another thug who played Robin Hood as far as I'm concerned.

Could you really blame either of them? With Israel and the US knocking on their door armed to the teeth.

The US tried to kill him before. What do you suggest someone like that do?

The US had been screwing over the bulk of Venezuela for a long time as I outlined before. Consider yourself in their position, what would you do?

You understand this hate is all because of the excessive greed of the higher ups in the US?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users