Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Truck Advice

LucidElement

I have a new 2013 GMC Sierra 1500. Im not sure if anyone knows anything about trucks but I figured id give it a shot and ask. Im debating on putting 22in rims or 20in rims on it. My problem is that I like a thicker tire with tread.. so im guessing 22in on a thick tire wouldnt fit the wheelbase? or if it did would screw up the turning? Ive been reading websites and im thinking I may go with 20in rims and a nice thick tire. That being said, I want to make the front equal to back, so I need a leveling kit. Are those worth it, in the sense of how much are they usually? Google says a couple hundred bucks but i feel like that is really cheap. Or maybe get a 2.5in Lift kit on it. I just want to have some fun with this truck now but rims and tires are first on list. Like this week im getting them.

Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LucidElement

• Redefining Success

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why people do this, car makers design everything to work with everything else, tyre size and gear ratios get the best from the engine.

Throwing bigger tyres on will affect the ratios, speed and handling.

Been to lots of cars driven by `young uns´ with 19" or even 20" wheels suffering from snapped drive shafts and buggered gear boxes.

You will do it any way, and its your right, but dont expect it to be the same afterwards.