Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My Boss just called in sick...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,678 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

My boss just called in sick and LEFT ME IN CHARGE!  Mwahahahaha!  :devil:

The guys I work with are so screwed!

If you were left in this postion of "Ultimate authority" (bear in mind I have no actual authority - but I can fantasize!) what would you do?

#2    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,420 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Play poker, have a karaoke at work day , order pizzas, play videogames and pictionary

Posted Image

#3    Taun

Taun

• 5,678 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostWordless Wanderer, on 12 April 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Play poker, have a karaoke at work day , order pizzas, play videogames and pictionary

I was actually thinking more along the lines of turning into a petty dictator and totally abusing my great cosmic powers!!!

edit: Besides except for the karaoke thing, that pretty much sounds like a normal day around here!

Edited by Taun, 12 April 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#4    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,420 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Heh! I can be a good boss

Posted Image

#5    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Call it a half day and go home at noon.

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,295 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Work naked.

#7    Taun

Taun

• 5,678 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostOverSword, on 12 April 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Work naked.

Ummm.... We're mostly a bunch of middle aged, balding, slightly overweight dudes.... not sure if ANYONE would want to see that!

#8    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostTaun, on 12 April 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Ummm.... We're mostly a bunch of middle aged, balding, slightly overweight dudes.... not sure if ANYONE would want to see that!
Have one of the workers under you drive to some party store or something, and buy cheesey plastic swords and armor for everyone to put on, then go pillage the office building next door. Burn their staplers and poison their coffee supply! Lay waste to corporate America!

Orrrr...You could do what we did at my work one day. The boss called in sick and basically said "Good luck, don't kill each other", and we had a window of time where no clients were scheduled to come in, so my coworkers and I just bought sandwiches for lunch, and water-guns, and we chased each other around the office like morons. Point being, water-guns make everything that much more fun.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#9    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,064 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Well if you're talking about being a dictator...... I'd make everyone else answer the phone, wash my car, go fetch me lunch, clean the bathroom, tolerate me bringing my dog to the office, no matter how obnoxious she gets. Basically make them do all that I do in addition to their own jobs.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#10    Taun

Taun

• 5,678 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostMz Psychedellic, on 26 April 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

Have one of the workers under you drive to some party store or something, and buy cheesey plastic swords and armor for everyone to put on, then go pillage the office building next door. Burn their staplers and poison their coffee supply! Lay waste to corporate America!

Orrrr...You could do what we did at my work one day. The boss called in sick and basically said "Good luck, don't kill each other", and we had a window of time where no clients were scheduled to come in, so my coworkers and I just bought sandwiches for lunch, and water-guns, and we chased each other around the office like morons. Point being, water-guns make everything that much more fun.

We are Automation Technicians who work for the US Government... You just described a normal work day for us...

#11    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

Make all the men work in Hooters outfits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users