Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#226    The One Who Is

The One Who Is

Id Quo Est

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• Your perception might be twisting but reality ain't moving to meet it.

-sinewave

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

There's a fourth edition now?

:cry:

I don't think I can catch up.

In various primitive cultures, it was believed that the brain served only to cool the body, being completely unrelated to thought. This is true only in certain people.

#227    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• "And has this ever happened before, minister?" "Yes, but only ever in the past, Bryan..."

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

I think we may have lost a few of the key contributors from what I've read elsewhere, so this one may well not steam ahead as fast as the previous editions. Sadly, I might add...

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

#228    The One Who Is

The One Who Is

Id Quo Est

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• Your perception might be twisting but reality ain't moving to meet it.

-sinewave

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

At least two of the ones I recall look to be missing. Alas.

In various primitive cultures, it was believed that the brain served only to cool the body, being completely unrelated to thought. This is true only in certain people.

#229    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostMatt Vinyl, on 20 March 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

I think we may have lost a few of the key contributors from what I've read elsewhere, so this one may well not steam ahead as fast as the previous editions. Sadly, I might add...

I think that depends on how you look at it. Skyeagle is kicking butt over at the conspiracy forum these days, on the"right" side this time. But most of the guys are still around. Over the thousands of pages of BE threads we have dissected many of the famous cases and some of the not so famous,... but there is always room for more.

I say - keep em coming. :)

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#230    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,433 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Me Too Hazzard ! ME too ! THe BE thread will live forever ! Due to its nature ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#231    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 06 February 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

PALM HARBOR PARK -- On January 8, 2013, I was playing basketball around 11 AM, when two pool cleaner’s screamed look. I looked and saw a silver Frisbee object. The one guy said he watched it shoot backwards then hover. They tried to take pictures but their cell phones weren’t working, so I ran to get my camera and took a picture. A second later it disappeared. At first the picture wouldn’t show up but I put the SD card in my computer and it was there. I’ve been scared to come forward because of government and I’ve been having bad headaches and trouble sleeping. I know what we saw was not from this planet. Thanks to MUFON CMS

I have come to clean ze pool

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#232    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

View Postquillius, on 05 February 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

yes good point. With the bolded though, have we ever? (more pondering lol for me)

Not that I know of, hence the concern with NEO's. We do not even have a popgun pointed out there. Just telescopes.

View Postquillius, on 05 February 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

I did briefly look into Tehran recently, but luckily for me Dbunker bottled it :gun: (emoticon used  to emphasise fight talk DB :-* )

Intrigues me that one, it always sounds a great deal like Plasma to me, I never really understood why it is a stand out case. It seems to fit into the realms of plasma quite well.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#233    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 21 March 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

Intrigues me that one, it always sounds a great deal like Plasma to me, I never really understood why it is a stand out case. It seems to fit into the realms of plasma quite well.

Same here,... I think that all the events that took place http://www.ufocasebo...niran.html  can be attributed to the atmospheric plasma phenomenon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#234    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,589 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostThe One Who Is, on 20 March 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

There's a fourth edition now?

:cry:

I don't think I can catch up.

There's nothing to catch up on.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#235    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 21 March 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

There's nothing to catch up on.

You couldnt be more wrong.... These threads contain lots of cool stuff, plenty to learn, and many good intelligent people willing to share their vast knowledge.

But as for that (still lacking) final exhibit A.... you are correct.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#236    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Top 100 UFO Cases. http://unconventiona...-100-ufo-cases/

Did we do them all?

Edited by DBunker, 25 March 2013 - 05:59 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#237    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Not at all,... there are many I havent even heard of. Im guessing its because they are worse (evidence wise) than the ones I have heard of.

To me that says a lot.

#238    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

So did  you guys come to an agreement on the whole Pascagoula case?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#239    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 25 March 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

So did  you guys come to an agreement on the whole Pascagoula case?

That would be the two fishermen who claimed to have been abducted, back in 1973.

http://en.wikipedia....goula_Abduction

A couple of red flags.

*Parker claimed that he could not recall what had happened to him inside the craft, although later, during sessions of hypnotic regression he offered some hazy details.

*In a later interview over 20 years after the initial incident, Parker's story became much more elaborate.

*He then claimed that 19 years later, he came in contact with the same craft again. This time he voluntarily walked aboard the craft and met with the same female being that had examined his body in 1973. He claimed he had a conversation with the being, in English, in which she communicated to him a religious message. She informed him that they shared the same God, that the bible was an authentic text, and that her species wanted to live on earth but could not due to humanity's tendency towards war and destruction.

An interesting story, to say the least. But, as most of the time when it comes to these UFO cases, all we have is a story. Nothing to investigate really, so I believe we ended up with the USUAL believe it or not?

Edited by Hazzard, 26 March 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#240    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostHazzard, on 26 March 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

That would be the two fishermen who claimed to have been abducted, back in 1973.

http://en.wikipedia....goula_Abduction

A couple of red flags.

*Parker claimed that he could not recall what had happened to him inside the craft, although later, during sessions of hypnotic regression he offered some hazy details.

*In a later interview over 20 years after the initial incident, Parker's story became much more elaborate.

*He then claimed that 19 years later, he came in contact with the same craft again. This time he voluntarily walked aboard the craft and met with the same female being that had examined his body in 1973. He claimed he had a conversation with the being, in English, in which she communicated to him a religious message. She informed him that they shared the same God, that the bible was an authentic text, and that her species wanted to live on earth but could not due to humanity's tendency towards war and destruction.

An interesting story, to say the least. But, as most of the time when it comes to these UFO cases, all we have is a story. Nothing to investigate really, so I believe we ended up with the USUAL believe it or not?

I agree mate the 20 years return trip is definitely the most dubious part of the tale.

Here is another cracker though Hazz

The craft is reported to be 8 foot wide, 8 foot high.

What do you reckon of that? :D

Edited by psyche101, 26 March 2013 - 09:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users