Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Early Bird Used Four Wings to Fly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Roj47

Roj47

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

• If I believed the world was going to end in the next 10 years..... I would sell up and travel to see as much of it as I could.

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:17 PM

The earliest known bird had flight feathers on its legs that allowed it to use its hindlimbs as an extra pair of wings, a new study finds.

The finding, detailed in the current issue of the journal Paleobiology, supports the theory that early birds learned to glide and parachute from trees before achieving full-fledged flight.

"This paper puts forward some of the strongest evidence yet that birds descended from arboreal parachuters and gliders, similar to flying squirrels," said study author Nick Longrich, a doctoral student a the University of Calgary in Canada.

http://www.livescience.com/animalworld/060...eryx_wings.html

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2    RollingThunder06

RollingThunder06

Psychic Spy

• 1,424 posts

• Most people can hear; however, how many really listen?

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:05 AM

Never thought about birds slowly evolving. This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Posted Image

#3    Ravinar

Ravinar

Psychic Spy

• 1,102 posts
  • Location:some where between the majesty of creation and the void of oblivion

• A truly powerful being needs not destroy.

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

i made a thread about this a ways back heres the link

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=67448

the human race is at an end and and my soul grows weary. the one thing that could revive it is almost gone and is in no condition to heal me. yet i shall not despair for the light of hope shines even in the greatest darkness. i shall continue to hope.... hope for the days of green and ever lasting love of all things. for those whom think them selfs better shall realize they are not all that is. nor are they in any way better for all life is equal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users