Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are angels real?

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Poll: Are angels real? (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Are angels real?

1. Yes (55 votes [67.07%])

Percentage of vote: 67.07%

2. No (27 votes [32.93%])

Percentage of vote: 32.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,161 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 11 January 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

..  I would argue that it was an angel holding a shaky ladder.  

~ Regards, PA

And no doubt Mr Walker would agree with you

fullywired

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#32    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• I just keep getting stronger..

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Some angels in the bible are stereotype glowing figures, but others look completely human-
"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels unawares"- (Hebrews 13:2)

Some angels are tremendously powerful killing machines-
"And God sent an angel to destroy Jerusalem. But as the angel was doing so, the Lord saw it and was grieved because of the calamity and said to the angel who was destroying the people, "Enough! Withdraw your hand" (1 Chron 21:15/16)

Don't bother asking an angel its name! One said "Why do you ask my name? It is beyond human understanding"(Judges 13:17/18)

Some angels are completely invisible, hovering around us like spiritual guardians protecting our minds against demonic attack-
"If you make the Most High your dwelling
even the Lord, who is my refuge, then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent, for he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways" (Psalm 91:9-11)

Posted Image

Edited by Crikey, 11 January 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#33    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Fullywired  Topic: Spiritual Jokes :yes:

#34    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

i think religions all of them are B.S  honestly.do i believe in spirits and etc i do but not demons or this jesus  character lets say if he was real then he just a man i wouldn't get on my knees and start worshiping the guy.whether he was the son of god blah blah i don't care.the bible its just a collection of stories with some truth.there's no noah and etc.religion is fake and a control system to controll people and take away peoples power that we ourselves have.we are extensions of the creator and to make myself crystal clear i am not talking about none of these gods that religions speak of none of them.so in other words we have the power to create and etc.as for angels welli believe there are types of related things to angels but not thte ones religion speaks of.wait a minute i did see the virgin mary though on my tortilla lol.the bible is not the wordof god its just a book nothing more.stop looking for heaven and hell which are fake and make your heaven here on earth

Edited by King Cobra 1408, 11 January 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#35    MJNYC

MJNYC

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

• The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Mohandas K. Gandhi

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm sorry that you think that Jesus is not real King Cobra, but He is.

You should read "Proof of Heaven" and "Heaven is Real".  Hope you do. :)

#36    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,453 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

View Postfullywired, on 11 January 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

And no doubt Mr Walker would agree with you

fullywired
Very possible, but there's more than just he around the forums....

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#37    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, I think they are real, and I also think their is more to them then has been explained  by any earthly religion. They are those superior beings that exist beyond the veil between this world and the next. Some of them are good and others not so much. Either way they have a real impact on our lives here on earth, Thats my two cents at least

#38    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Let's not immediately say "Oh bible this and bible that" lets see that maybe once we die, there is this state in which part of your conscious continues on.I have no evidence to support this, just what if?

#39    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,964 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

After seeing a ghost I think they are real too.  I haven't seen one that I know of.

Crikey that is one hot angel.

#40    ash68

ash68

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• It doesn't matter what you think you are,but what you think,you are
    Celsus

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

King Cobra,i'm a devoted atheist but i can tell you Jesus the man was real,documented in Roman records but i agree with you,Jesus the God, utter nonsense. As for angels,of course messengers exist in our imagination ( as in the cases of prophets ) but as some spiritual being again,nonsense,it's a lack of knowledge that when we fully understand the brain we'll look back at and laugh at our old belief systems as the Abrahamic religions do to each other and all others

Edited by ashven, 12 January 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#41    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,161 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 11 January 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Very possible, but there's more than just he around the forums....

Yes but they don't have his expertise on angels

fullywired

.thought you might like this

http://www.rhapsody....-the-the-ladder

Edited by fullywired, 12 January 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#42    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

No.

#43    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 16,779 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Angels are real, physical, indpendent entites just like I am or you are. I know this rather than believe it.

And it worries me not a hoot that any one else might chose to  disbelieve. That is a human prerogative and, indeed, may be a part of the whole relationship between man, god and angels. It is not my job to convince anyone else; rather everyone must either believe in faith, or wait until they encounter such an entity for themselves.
I once described it in a thread like this. Supose you walk down a moonlit path in the bush one night by yourself You encouter a wombat, an alien being,  a ghost, and an angel.

How do you know waht each one is?

What evidences do you use to determine the independent reality of each as a physicl aentity outside your minds perception? Why should you asume the wombat is real and the others are not, especially if you are not in australia at the time  If you use the same observations, evidentiary procedures, logic, checks and balances, to determine the independent reality of each entity, why should you doubt the validity /reality of any of them   Part of your procedure will be to check your own sobriety wakefulness mental state etc., but you should also check whether prexisting disbelief and denial may prejudice your accepetance of a new reality  I trust my senses and mental state and they have NEVER let me down in 40 years (once i gave up alcohol aged 22)

Edited by Mr Walker, 12 January 2013 - 12:43 PM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#44    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,419 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 12 January 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

Angels are real, physical, indpendent entites just like I am or you are. I know this rather than believe it.

And it worries me not a hoot that any one else might chose to  disbelieve. That is a human prerogative and, indeed, may be a part of the whole relationship between man, god and angels. It is not my job to convince anyone else; rather everyone must either believe in faith, or wait until they encounter such an entity for themselves
I don't know that angels exist.  I don't believe that angels exist.   But....and....

...it also seems to me quite naive to think that in a Universe that is infinite,   Humans are the Top Life Form.   We are carbon based life forms, but I see no reason why there couldn't be for instance Silicon Based life forms...or Life Forms that exist as a Gas or Solid depending on their environment.  There is just so much we don't know and aren't able to know about this marvelous universe.  So, I think Angels probably do exist.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#45    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

View Postjoc, on 12 January 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

I don't know that angels exist. I don't believe that angels exist.   But....and....

So, I think Angels probably do exist.

You're good at making up your mind and sticking with it lol

..it also seems to me quite naive to think that in a Universe that is infinite, Humans are the Top Life Form.

I agree, it is rather naive to think that we are the be all and end all ..I think that, out of this massive universe, we living on such a small planet, yet we can be most arrogant to think we are the one and only...  If earth were to disappear, there wouldn't be much of a difference made in the universe ..Our solar system maybe, but not the entire universe

So, I think Angels probably do exist.

And then some.. I too believe in angels, I also believe that there could be other forms out there we have not yet experienced..  For many, what we call angels, could well be something else?

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 January 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users