Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has the God or Gods spoken to you.

Grandpa Greenman

Has God or Gods spoken to you.  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Has God spoken to you.

• No never.
    • Maybe, not sure it was Him or Her.
    • Once
    • We are pen pals.
    • I am God

There are many people in the world who feel God has actually spoken to them. I don't mean speaking to you though a book, I mean an actual conversation. No ridiculing. :tu:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Greenman

• SilverCougar

• GoddessWhispers

• brave_new_world

It was tempting to put 'i am god'. :lol:

It will be interesting to see the results though........

I believe God talks to me all the time. Unfortunately, Darkwind put the disclaimer in his opening post about talking through a book ;) I guess God has never literally spoken to me, though there have been moments of inspiration in my life that (if I were so inclined) I could put down to being of divine origin.

Edited by Paranoid Android

i noticed there was no Yes option....once isnt equal to Yes..or on more than one occuasion..for some once would not be an adequate choice...

i think there are many different times god has spoken not through a book an knew it was god may not have been with an actual voice.god talks to us different ways.

i noticed there was no Yes option....once isnt equal to Yes..or on more than one occuasion..for some once would not be an adequate choice...

i think there are many different times god has spoken not through a book an knew it was god may not have been with an actual voice.god talks to us different ways.

Sorry, then you are pen pals. :innocent: I agree the Gods to speak to us in many different ways.

God does speak in different waays. He can speak through other people, he can speak as a voice you can hear but i think it is more common for him to speak directly into your head, or at lest in a way no-one else can hear

I am my own God but if i start speaking to myself i will end up geting locked up in a nice padded cell.

God has spoken to all of us, through the prophets that is. Anyway, I believe God talks to me not with a voice, but with the way I interact with the world.

Edited by LONELY_1

The Goddess and company speak to me while I am in the Dreaming, when I practice healing... they even spoke to me to direct my life to the correct path. Which everything is going in order now.

Everytime I see my familiar who has long ago passed on in the Dreaming, I know that Bast is speaking to me through that vision. But those messages I will not share.

It's good to be on the shamatic path! XD

3 clear times for me, hundreds more when it comes to inspiration :tsu:

God left a message with my secretary...I'll answer his messages when he answers mine. Ive also had Satan on hold for a few years now...he's a patient little bugger. Zeus doesn't even have a phone and Budha doesn't pay his bill anymore.

Im my own god.

I vote "I am God". Not that I am anymore a god than anyone else reading this thread, but to say that we are not seperate from god. We all are of god and any seperation you fill from "god" is only in your mind.

Consider if you answer "yes" to this poll, you qualify as categorically insane in virtually every jurisdiction in the country. (U.S.) :lol:

One womans god voice, is another womans intuition or a gut instinct. ;) That would be the Atheist woman. ~cough~ Or, it could be gas. That could explain a lot actually.

I am God, because the kingdom of heaven is within me :lol:

In Your Hands

A young man caught a small bird, and held it behind his back. He then asked, "Master, is the bird I hold in my hands alive or dead." The boy thought this was a grand opportunity to play a trick on the old man. If the master answered "dead", it would be let loose into the air. If the master answered "alive", he would simply wring its neck. The master spoke, "The answer is in your hands".

Edited by brave_new_world

I was actually thinking recently that the most honest answer anyone can give is "I am God". At some point in our lives, we have all acted as if we were. There is no one who has not acted such.

Edited by Paranoid Android

I've said that. I am god. Then I get roasted for a few pages.... Seems it's not a popular opinion one might hold for themselves. Or so say so many others that can't think of that for themselves.

:wacko:

Oh I know I'm a goddess. ;)

Im my own god.
I vote "I am God". Not that I am anymore a god than anyone else reading this thread, but to say that we are not seperate from god. We all are of god and any seperation you fill from "god" is only in your mind.
If what you just said is true, than there is no such thing as God. We are not God, because we are neither, omnipotent, all seing, all knowing, all loving, we neither meet the criteria for being good nor for being powerful, therefore, we are not God. What you just said is more of an atheist outlook, and atheism is the greatest evil.

If what you just said is true, than there is no such thing as God. We are not God, because we are neither, omnipotent, all seing, all knowing, all loving, we neither meet the criteria for being good nor for being powerful, therefore, we are not God. What you just said is more of an atheist outlook, and atheism is the greatest evil.

How is Atheism the greatest evil? lt is just another way to see the Universe. I see us as all God-lings learning to become a God or Goddess.

Never.

I'm an Atheist. God never spoke to me. I won't speak to Him. If I need spiritual guidance, I'll just speak to my 2nd personality. >< really.

@JeremiahGateFan

You speak like a radical. Calm down and speak to an Atheist. He might be as good a man as your pastor. Believing that you yourself is God does not mean one will commit crimes indiscriminately. God exists to serve and not to destroy. Modelling after a God-image is something to be praised.

Edited by SadistiX

I chose Iam god, because I am a pantheist and believe that everything is god, and god is everything.

ha this question reminds me,

i went to a church youth thing with a girl i was dating,,i was trying to fit in the family thing,,anyway they stop the volleyball games and had all the kids sit down(i was like 22 so i was just watching) they were the younger ones in the group,,anyway these guys starts talking about god talking to them and this and that,,then he tells the kids to all close their eyes and raise their hands if god has ever talked to them,,like 3 kids raised their hands,,they reminded them that its ok if god hasnt talked to them yet,and not to lie 2 kids put their hands down but one little kid left his hands up..after that they told the kids to go back to playing,,they pulled that little kid aside and kept him in the corner 3 or 4 adults were talking to him all night,,i just felt bad for him..he didnt look like he was having fun.

later that night i was bombarded but the crusaders to save my evil tattooed soul,,,but i still felt sorry for the little kid stuck in corner not able to tell them to kiss my ass like i did,ha i wasnt envited to youth night again and i was put on the churches prayer list,,,all that and god still hasnt talked to me

I was actually thinking recently that the most honest answer anyone can give is "I am God". At some point in our lives, we have all acted as if we were. There is no one who has not acted such.

I think we are all the oneness which can be called God. And I mean this is as a genuine spiritual fact and not not in the egostistical sense. The philosophy of the east namely Taoism and Hinduism seem to make sense that God is our very being and that we are not separated by this being for the very reason that it is us. Christian mystics hold this view from St John of the cross to meister Eckhart and also the buddhist teach that everything is interconnected and that there is no individuals but only this concurence of parts which form a whole and this whole is the true self. Not to mention Jesus saying that the kingdom of heaven cannot be found through observation but is within.

Here are some cool writings to illustrate:

The Universe is Brahman, the One that underlies and make possible all the multiplicity; the universal consciousness that is the soul of all existence. It is the primordial no-thingness from which all things arise, the one reality whose oneness is all-inclusive; and includes all that is, or shall be. It is Brahman; the source of the entire cosmos and all cosmic activities relating to the emergence, existence and dissolution of the terrestrial phenomena that form the cosmic rhythm. And this ultimate reality is One- absolute and indeterminable. (Sudhakar S.D. I am All, 1998)

..The real God is not to be sought in idols and symbols, in temples or churches.

The truth of the matter is that the purified man is God himself, for he has become one with universal life. The purified man is the self-realised man. He has not to await answers from God, for he has no questions to ask. He himself is the answer to all questions; his life itself is a benediction. (Sudhakar S.D, 1988.

p55)

..in general Buddhism rejects, the idea of an individual, immortal soul and fosters instead the buddhist belief in the unity and interdependence of living things and the possibility of a harmony, achievable by means of compassion, that is able to supersede the suffering that permeates much of human existence. (Cooper, 1996)

' All phenomena, link together in a mutually conditioning network' (Buddha)

But man does need God. Vedanta defines God as Brahman, which is beyond all duality, plurality and beyond all categories of thought; yet including these. But the Vedantic concept of God is difficult for the common man to understand. It is beyond those who are incapable of abstract thinking, for it is impossible for them to establish an effective living relationship with what is formless, infinite, transcendent, that Brahman is. Such people need a personal God with whom they establish a personal relationship- a father, mother, master, goddess, beloved, friend. Lord Krishna, a human incarnation of God, is closer to the heart of common man than Brahman could be. For unless the infinite is conceived in the finite form of a personal God, devotion will be lacking in depth and intensity. The senses need a form, a concrete something that can be held, touched and adored. (Sudhakar S.D, 1988. p54)

ha this question reminds me,

i went to a church youth thing with a girl i was dating,,i was trying to fit in the family thing,,anyway they stop the volleyball games and had all the kids sit down(i was like 22 so i was just watching) they were the younger ones in the group,,anyway these guys starts talking about god talking to them and this and that,,then he tells the kids to all close their eyes and raise their hands if god has ever talked to them,,like 3 kids raised their hands,,they reminded them that its ok if god hasnt talked to them yet,and not to lie 2 kids put their hands down but one little kid left his hands up..after that they told the kids to go back to playing,,they pulled that little kid aside and kept him in the corner 3 or 4 adults were talking to him all night,,i just felt bad for him..he didnt look like he was having fun.

later that night i was bombarded but the crusaders to save my evil tattooed soul,,,but i still felt sorry for the little kid stuck in corner not able to tell them to kiss my ass like i did,ha i wasnt envited to youth night again and i was put on the churches prayer list,,,all that and god still hasnt talked to me

and, a real life example of how Joan of Arc was burned cos she could speak to God =.=